Devito activated | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

Apologies for any offense.

Tommy is 1 TD away from being the sole owner, of the 2cnd best NFL QB to ever wear an Orange Uniform. I think that's relevant.

You are correct, though. Mr. Devito introduced himself to me, when my son was being recruited to be Orange. I didn't even know who his son was. He was ALWAYS there, talking to parents of recruits that the staff told him to target. He may have been an A**** on this board. He was a good ambassador, in person. He helped make a bunch of players Orange. I know the family well.

College football can turn into a political mess($$$). Y'all have no idea. Dino Babers is one of the finest human beings to EVER coach the game. Most are BS, stereotypical used car salesman. Of this? There is NO question.

It is of particular interest, to present, and former players(and their parents, lol) as to how Tommy Devito does in the NFL... If by extension, that means something to you? Cool. Otherwise, move it to another board. I think players want to know how well they were coached.

I for one, am terribly intrigued. ;-)

Its one of the BEST stories in the NFL. The kid(and his family) bled Orange.
Its a great story. Im rooting for Tommy to do well. He's making the most out of his opportunitity but life long SU fans are going to express how they feel on this board. They have no affinity to 1 player. Tommy did some good and some bad at SU. Putting it all on the coaches when he played bad is weak IMO. His dad was a jerk on this board. His son's success doesnt change that.

Its a great story. Im rooting for Tommy to do well. He's making the most out of his opportunitity but life long SU fans are going to express how they feel on this board. They have no affinity to 1 player. Tommy did some good and some bad at SU. Putting it all on the coaches when he played bad is weak IMO. His dad was a jerk on this board. His son's success doesnt change that.
100%. Not putting it on the coaches. Tommy carried plenty of the blame. I DO think its interesting. My take has been it wasn't the right fit. (And Dad made that worse.) My head nearly exploded to see how well he did, Sunday. Really didn't think that was possible.

Is it like the flash in the pan, we saw in 2018? Or was he a better QB in the wrong situation? I think that still remains to be seen.

100%. Not putting it on the coaches. Tommy carried plenty of the blame. I DO think its interesting. My take has been it wasn't the right fit. (And Dad made that worse.) My head nearly exploded to see how well he did, Sunday. Really didn't think that was possible.

Is it like the flash in the pan, we saw in 2018? Or was he a better QB in the wrong situation? I think that still remains to be seen.
Tommy is showing what he did at times in Cuse and Illinois. He will get the ball there when he has a clean pocket and clear reads. People on this board have always said he has an NFL arm.

402935154_931990845250657_8822289090853207003_n.jpg

Hope he gets to stay in the news for what he does on the field and not for the fact that he’s living with his parents.

Barkley on DeVito ...

“I’m happy for him. He comes in with the right mentality. He’s a confident dude from [New] Jersey, so I’m excited and happy for that. He got his first win as a starter ... I definitely think he’s proving people wrong. We know what he is capable of doing. It’s the NFL, the National Football League. You don’t get here by accident.”

Watching NFL network. A sub shop in Secaucus NJ named a chicken parm sub after DeVito. “The DeVito”. Didn’t know he passed up a better contract with Washington after he wasn’t drafted. And then when he was on the practice squad New England inquired about him. He wanted to stay with the Giants.

Watching NFL network. A sub shop in Secaucus NJ named a chicken parm sub after DeVito. “The DeVito”. Didn’t know he passed up a better contract with Washington after he wasn’t drafted. And then when he was on the practice squad New England inquired about him. He wanted to stay with the Giants.
Interesting on NE. They coached him for the Shrine game. Must have seen something. Hoping he has a good game.

Not my favorite Orangeman back then, but I can’t help but root for the guy now. It’s really a great story - living with his parents, momma does all the cooking and sticking with the Giants when he had better offers. Especially with chief soprano, Daddy Cheech, cheering away. I like that the NYG’s QB’s family is sitting in the stands and not in some private box. Very relatable.

That TD gives Tommy 8 overall, Moving ahead of Phicox for the 2cnd most TDs, by a former Orange QB. ALL TIME.
I hope you mean passing because we’ve had other guys score more than 8 tuddies.