Devito activated | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

Lots of animosity directed at a guy who never actively tried to do anything but help Syracuse
None at all, I don’t believe he is very good, my opinion. Nothing more nothing less . I remember watching him and I was convinced . If he leads the Gmen to some victories down the stretch I can guarantee you I will be happy. I don’t have a lot of faith that will happen. And the Giants Oline is patchwork at best so that won’t be all on him if it goes poorly.

None at all, I don’t believe he is very good, my opinion. Nothing more nothing less . I remember watching him and I was convinced . If he leads the Gmen to some victories down the stretch I can guarantee you I will be happy. I don’t have a lot of faith that will happen. And the Giants Oline is patchwork at best so that won’t be all on him if it goes poorly.

He's playing because they're tanking. Total trainwreck. Glad someone is making a few bucks off this mess.

I'll say the same thing about TD that I did about Buddy when he got called up and was in the NBA, he made the league. Can't take that away, ever. You suited up and were on a big league team. Barely anyone ever gets to say that. Congrats. You don't get there without hard work and talent in some capacity.

With that said, we're passed the NFL trade deadline. TD was supposed to never be playing outside of a catastrophic series of events taking place, which occurred. The Giants already unloaded Leonard Williams and are in full tank mode.

Whoever they start at QB from here on out is the tank commander, that's it. TD, Barkley, trying to sign a vet that's sitting at home, whoever... it's over.

I will say I like TD's confidence. Gets into it with Max Muncy on the first play and never loses outward appearance of confidence. IF he gets the start next week - the Giants need to let him actually play QB.

So much confidence that Tommy even switched sports ;)

I'll say the same thing about TD that I did about Buddy when he got called up and was in the NBA, he made the league. Can't take that away, ever. You suited up and were on a big league team. Barely anyone ever gets to say that. Congrats. You don't get there without hard work and talent in some capacity.

With that said, we're passed the NFL trade deadline. TD was supposed to never be playing outside of a catastrophic series of events taking place, which occurred. The Giants already unloaded Leonard Williams and are in full tank mode.

Whoever they start at QB from here on out is the tank commander, that's it. TD, Barkley, trying to sign a vet that's sitting at home, whoever... it's over.
I'm hoping TD is the one, and he takes advantage of his opportunity.

He's playing because he happened to be in the right place at the right time.

He's the last healthy guy left in the worst run QB room in the league

This !! Symbolic of how my football season is going , therapy needed.

Tank commander is a pretty great gig tbh.

The thing is, if Tommy really is the QB the board’s outspoken misguided says he is… then he never should’ve been invited to try out.

Never then been invited to camp.

Never then been invited to the practice squad.

Never then been called up to backup Tyrod.

Never then been called again to backup Jones.

Never then been named to be starter in week 10.

The Giants have had plenty of opportunities to walk away from Tommy, yet they haven’t.

I’m going to invoke BOARD RULE #1 here:

- The Board is ALWAYS WRONG.

There are a lot of great QBs wishing they were TD right now. You guys saying this only happened because the stars aligned and it was worst case scenario are crazy. You're discounting the fact that DeVito earned the right by playing well enough to put himself in this situation.

It was mildly amusing watching the thing he couldn't do at Syracuse, run for his life while keeping his eyes up field to try and make a play, he actually did quite a bit yesterday. The mere fact that he didn't melt down when running for his life yesterday show's he's a better QB now then when he was at Syracuse.

Babers is aweful with QBs. His whole rep has been built on 3 guys he didn't recruit who were already good when he inherited them. Garapola, Dungey and the Fat Pirate.

Last edited:
The thing is, if Tommy really is the QB the board’s outspoken misguided says he is… then he never should’ve been invited to try out.

Never then been invited to camp.

Never then been invited to the practice squad.

Never then been called up to backup Tyrod.

Never then been called again to backup Jones.

Never then been named to be starter in week 10.

The Giants have had plenty of opportunities to walk away from Tommy, yet they haven’t.

I’m going to invoke BOARD RULE #1 here:

- The Board is ALWAYS WRONG.

It helped that Tommy lived with Mommy and Daddy and he could commute to work every day.

They lost fing 30-6. Some make it sound like he threw for 5 TDs. Giants have virtually 0 chance of winning with him at QB. That’s what I care about. ( to a crap team )

Last edited:
It helped that Tommy lived with Mommy and Daddy and he could commute to work every day.
So the Giants FA player pool and the decision process to be handing out roster spots, is to prioritize kids who live a stones throw from Giants Stadium and who could live with their parents if they wanted??

Got it.

Thanks!!

My kids are going to be so fluckin pumped with this news!!

They lost fing 30-6. Some make it sound like he threw for 5 TDs. Giants have virtually 0 chance of winning with him at QB. That’s what I care about. ( to a crap team )
You are probably right but this week will likely be the first week where he gets first team reps.

Rookie, thrown into two games with zero prep. Really tough spot to expect any kind of success.

If nothing else, it gives me a reason to watch.

And he!!, maybe the kid surprises.

You are probably right but this week will likely be the first week where he gets first team reps.

Rookie, thrown into two games with zero prep. Really tough spot to expect any kind of success.

What I’d like from him is what I’d like from any rookie QB late round or UDFA now taking over my team who really doesn’t have a shot to win the job FT…

I want him to look competent. I’d like to have him win a few games so he’s got that monkey off his back, but not too many!! ;) I’d like to be able to say, ok…he can be our cheap backup so we can spend $$ elsewhere…..and if ever comes in again in the future, he will have the moxie to win us that game.

He’s run for a touchdown and he’s passed for a touchdown. He’s taken care of the name on the back of the jersey.

Now it’s time to care of the name on the front of the jersey, because if you do that well, the name on the back gets taken care of quite well.

devito is peterman. daboll is mcdermott. 2024 rookie qb is allen.

devito might hang around for a long time and make a bundle like mvpeterman, it's not bad

Peterman is the all time NFL leader in % of passes that were caught.

Unfortunately, most of them were caught by the other team.

They have the Cowboys Sunday. That’s gonna be very rough.
His line is going to get him hurt against that defense.

devito is peterman. daboll is mcdermott. 2024 rookie qb is allen.

devito might hang around for a long time and make a bundle like mvpeterman, it's not bad
If he plays even somewhat serviceable or decent remainder of the year he is almost guaranteed to get a contract from either the Giants or someone else who will be willing to rely on him until he proves otherwise.

He can parlay this chance into a 3-4 more years and get a couple deals with decent guaranteed money.