Devito activated | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

Desperation? Other teams also offered him a contract which was more than the Giants offered. Teams mentioned were the Commanders and Pats. But he wanted to play for his hometown team.
Yepp. Patriots coached him for a week, in the Shrine game and saw potential. Coach a guy for a week, and the offer wasn't an accident.

Your telling me the only reason Tommy got the deal wasn’t injuries, you can call it whatever you want , I call it desperation. Great job by TD making the most of it !

He got a free agent tryout contract or whatever they call it. Why was it due to injuries and done out of desperation? He has several offers of the same. Injuries are why he rose to QB1 but not getting his initial contract.

Me too. I never thought I would say that but he’s playing well, it’s changing his life, his family
Must be loving it. And now that I know Dino was just a terrible coach, Tommy prob wasn’t that bad when he was here. He clearly can play
arguably the best arm that ever wore orange. Too bad we couldnt have had it click with him.

amazing to watch. not sure how long the run lasts but ride the wave.

We never adjusted to Tommys skill set - or the other players. Dive/dive/sideline Bomb wasnt effective. Of course some was on Tommy. Some short passes, crossing routes, tight ends, etc...would have been nice.

He would have been more effective in a different scheme. One where the play didn't break down 40% of the time, and require playground improvisation.
coaching matters

He got a free agent tryout contract or whatever they call it. Why was it due to injuries and done out of desperation? He has several offers of the same. Injuries are why he rose to QB1 but not getting his initial contract.
That’s right. He had several options as a free agent, which says a lot. The Giants signing him as a free agent was not desperation. They signed as part of the team before any injuries had occurred.

That’s right. He had several options as a free agent, which says a lot. The Giants signing him as a free agent was not desperation. They signed as part of the team before any injuries had occurred.
disagree He was signed to the practice squad due to injuries. Desperation

We never adjusted to Tommys skill set - or the other players. Dive/dive/sideline Bomb wasnt effective. Of course some was on Tommy. Some short passes, crossing routes, tight ends, etc...would have been nice.

He would have been more effective in a different scheme. One where the play didn't break down 40% of the time, and require playground improvisation.
You kind of have to look at this and say the coaching staff didn’t know what in the heck they were doing except trying to force fit a system (with lack of player talent in doing so). Your point about incorporating tight ends being a good example.

After a while, it got so bad that it was hard to decipher what was Tommy, what was scheme, and what was the players around him. Probably still all three, but you have to look at coaching. Probably the number one thing was a nearly no ability to build an O line in eight years.

I think perhaps the most promising thing Fran Brown has said is, when asked about his offense, he said “whatever they can’t stop”, which shows a willingness to be flexible and adjust

disagree He was signed to the practice squad due to injuries. Desperation
But you’re inferring that he wouldn’t have had an opportunity if not for the Giants injuries, which isn’t true because he had multiple free agent contract offers. He may be PLAYING because of injuries, but that’s a different issue. The fact is, multiple NFL teams invited DeVito to camp.

You kind of have to look at this and say the coaching staff didn’t know what in the heck they were doing except trying to force fit a system (with lack of player talent in doing so). Your point about incorporating tight ends being a good example.

After a while, it got so bad that it was hard to decipher what was Tommy, what was scheme, and what was the players around him. Probably still all three, but you have to look at coaching. Probably the number one thing was a nearly no ability to build an O line in eight years.

I think perhaps the most promising thing Fran Brown has said is, when asked about his offense, he said “whatever they can’t stop”, which shows a willingness to be flexible and adjust
The more Devito ascends in the NFL the more damning indictment on the actual coaching ability of Dino becomes apparent. He was a TERRIBLE in game manager. It was ad nauseum discussed by us that he couldn't adjust or his coordinators couldn't adjust. Dreadful.

the Franimal hopefully is more Pasqualoni where we can be better game managers of hte talent provided game by game.

But you’re inferring that he wouldn’t have had an opportunity if not for the Giants injuries, which isn’t true because he had multiple free agent contract offers. He may be PLAYING because of injuries, but that’s a different issue. The fact is, multiple NFL teams invited DeVito to camp.
I’m done with this , OK Tommy was the highest sought after QB in the history of the game. He signed on to the Giants practice squad instead of a regular NFL contract due to his outrageously intense love of his mothers cutlets.

The Giants have tried to make it simple..
Run only when called for.
Roll out and throw it away.
Simple reads on most plays or check down

He got away with his bad passes which always helps

Play bad teams as much as possible

The D is solid enough against most everyone but Dallas

Serious question. I know it’s been discussed, but now that the kid has actually played in the NFL, which is an achievement no matter what happens from this point forward, do we think this is damming on Syracuse and Dino?

We know that DeVito didn’t have a line or receivers and got killed, but he never seemed to have the ability to function in the pocket at all.

So, how much is on Dino and Tommy’s decision to attend Cuse rather than a different school from the start? It would seem a lot.

Discuss.

yes

It's a coaches job to coach up players. TD as a sophomore was 213/337 2300 yards, 19tds and 5int.

That was the year we gave up 63 points to maryland, 56 to louisville, 58 to boston college, 41 to clemson, 35 to fsu

2019 and 2021 the team should've won more games. squarely on the coaching staff, not the qb. They had multiple close loses and multiple blowouts losses.

LOL

The Packers aren’t bad. They had won as many games against playoff teams as the Bills have.

He had one incompletion in the second half.