Devito activated | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

He got most of his stats in 2019 in garbage time. He also was sacked more often all 4 years vs the other QBs. I don’t recall the dropped passes.

It is ok to call a spade a spade.
There is no Falucking way you can forget the drops unless you purposely don’t remember them to make yourself feel better for wanting a TE at QB.

There is no Falucking way you can forget the drops unless you purposely don’t remember them to make yourself feel better for wanting a TE at QB.
That tight end at QB was light years better than that incarnation of deVito. I mean for god sake, deVito couldn’t even beat Rutgers in like a 10 to 7 game.

I mean, I’m all in on deVito with everything going on now, but he was legitimately beaten out by a better college quarterback, emphasize “college“.

That tight end at QB was light years better than that incarnation of deVito. I mean for god sake, deVito couldn’t even beat Rutgers in like a 10 to 7 game.

I mean, I’m all in on deVito with everything going on now, but he was legitimately beaten out by a better college quarterback, emphasize “college“.
Glad TDs time has come, he wasn’t good when he played here, many of those sacks were him hanging on too long, and seldom did good things happen when he broke from the pocket, he is just better , hope it continues!!

He’s was fine in the first quarter against Rutgers and got pulled for Shrader because Dino thought switching QBs in a must win game was smart. Harris fumbled a first down conversion away at the Rutgers 5 in the first quarter. He dropped a 40yd dime that would have gone for a Td in the 3rd. He did connect on 51 yd play that set up the only td of the day.

Tommy plays that whole game uninterrupted they probably win.

He’s was fine in the first quarter against Rutgers and got pulled for Shrader because Dino thought switching QBs in a must win game was smart. Harris fumbled a first down conversion away at the Rutgers 5 in the first quarter. He dropped a 40yd dime that would have gone for a Td in the 3rd. He did connect on 51 yd play that set up the only td of the day.

Tommy plays that whole game uninterrupted they probably win.
If memory serves He played the whole third AND fourth quarter and had multiple chances to get it done and get the W. Had the entire second half in a close game, Didn’t do it. That ones on tommy, no one else.

Last edited:

No Shrader sucks.

Everyone knows it.

Dino flucked this one up royally.

He didn’t trade down to a mac, a Delaware or D3 like many wanted, he traded up to Illionois and got himself a camp invite. He didn’t bounce from team to team and then get hot here all of a sudden. The Giants noticed talent, signed him, then kept him and then reluctantly…for you never want your UDFA rookie practice stringer to get regular season snaps….played and then started him. Then kept him again as a starter over a proven NFL QB in Tyrod.

The talent was always there, it doesn’t just appear in a NFL uniform.

Dino didn’t know how, or didn’t have the wherewithal to have an NFL QB, run his offense.

Granted, before Dino went to the TE at QB stupidity that got him fired, he went with the RB at OL stupidity during Covid and got Tommy hurt, but let’s gloss that over too.

Tommy got a raw deal here. If he just called himseld an Illini, id be ok with it.

But apparently he doesn’t, because the Giants announced him as being from both Syracuse and Illinois and then said AND NEW JERSEY’S OWN…TOMMY DEVITO as they cranked the Sopranos theme.

There is no reason he couldn’t have done here what he did as a soph and as 6th year QB at Illinois…..but Dino.

This board can spin it as they like, for Board Rule #1 is always out there….

Tommy = good
Dino = bad
Shrader = TE

No Shrader sucks.

Everyone knows it.

He didn’t trade down to a mac, a Delaware or D3 like many wanted, he traded up to Illionois and got himself a camp invite. He didn’t bounce from team to team and then get hot here all of a sudden. The Giants noticed talent, signed him, then kept him and then reluctantly…for you never want your UDFA rookie practice stringer to get regular season snaps….played and then started him. Then kept him again as a starter over a proven NFL QB in Tyrod.

Dino didn’t know how, or didn’t have the wherewithal to have an NFL QB, run his offense.

Granted, before Dino went to the TE at QB stupidity that got him fired, he went with the RB at OL stupidity during Covid and got Tommy hurt, but let’s gloss that over too.

Tommy got a raw deal here. If he just called himseld an Illini, id be ok with it.

But apparently he doesn’t, because the Giants announced him as being from both Syracuse and Illinois and then said AND NEW JERSEY’S OWN…TOMMY DEVITO as they cranked the Sopranos theme.

There is no reason he couldn’t have done here what he did as a soph and as 6th year QB at Illinois…..but Dino.

Tommy = good
Dino = bad
Shrader = TE

Did you actually watch 2019? We literally did better without him.

Why does Daboll not allow Tommy to actually throw the football much? Heck the first few games they didn't let him throw it at all. He had NEGATIVE yards passing in one game.

We should be celebrating what he is now doing. That should be our focus and what this thread is about. But we don't have to make up an alternative universe of his time here at SU. You are ruining a nice thread with your idiot agenda.

No Shrader sucks.

Everyone knows it.

Tommy = good
Dino = bad
Shrader = TE
kid has evolved and grown, literally stronger. But the talent was not adequately there when he was here, nor Illinois. Simple reality end of story.

Had two generational rb’s an and at Illinois a stout D and best he could do was 8-5 there. No bro The TE qb was better at that point. Now that said go Tommy go!

Last edited:

Why does Daboll not allow Tommy to actually throw the football much? Heck the first few games they didn't let him throw it at all. He had NEGATIVE yards passing in one game.

We should be celebrating what he is now doing. That should be our focus and what this thread is about. But we don't have to make up an alternative universe of his time here at SU. You are ruining a nice thread with your idiot agenda.
Typical

kid has evolved and grown, literally stronger. But the talent was not adequately there when he was here. Simple end of story. The TE qb was better at that point. Now that said go Tommy!
TD was bad when he was here but for a half against FSU and 5 minutes against UNC. Yes part of it was a poor pass protection , though it seems people forgot the countless times he held on too long and got sacked or he scrambled and threw the ball into the third row with somebody open .

TD was bad when he was here but for a half against FSU and 5 minutes against UNC. Yes part of it was a poor pass protection , though it seems people forgot the countless times he held on too long and got sacked or he scrambled and threw the ball into the third row with somebody open .
He has evolved and become much , much better. Kudos to him

IMG_1045.jpeg

Man cant people just be happy for the kid. I love the story and I hate the Giants.
I was just coming here to say how happy I am for Tommy. No revisionist history from me, I wanted to move on from him but now I see there were bigger issues at play. But no point in looking backwards.

Tommy has looked better in the NFL than he did in the ACC. Such a fun story to follow.

OMG seriously. Got some PTSD reading that, which makes it all the more incomprehensibly Awesome What he’s doing right now!

Man cant people just be happy for the kid. I love the story and I hate the Giants.
I don't get the sense anyone here is not happy for him. It's just the talking point that SU failed in properly developing Tommy and it's 100% the offensive line's fault which some (including myself) disagree with.

We were a better team with a healthy Garrett at QB than Tommy. But Tommy is unquestionably a better pro QB than Garrett who will never sniff the NFL. Both things can be true.

I believe this was my 1st post on this topic.

And bwhahahahahaha, you are the KING of relentless, stupid, repetitive posts about whatever stupid, useless repetitive agenda you have a cross to die on.

Please stop, for all of our sanity.

Or create a schedule board or one for one of your other repetitive agendas.

As my posts here suggest VERY VERY happy for the kid, just not gonna tolerate revisionist history.
Revisionist history is what is happening here.

The list of Tommy supporters was short, likely a 1 man show.

As he evolved??? Well duh, who wouldn’t once out from under Dino’s incompetence.

I do realize now that every single 1st year college starter, even if they’re a redshirt soph…comes in polished and all take their teams to the BCS and go undefeated except Tommy in 2019. See, I did learn something here.

Everyone gets a pass for 2020 but Tommy, and then Dino spends 2021 setting up his TE/QB offense and runs Tommy out. I know how happy his departure made everyone, and I’m glad this little Ital-Lin-sanity has United the board.

I believe this was my 1st post on this topic.

And bwhahahahahaha, you are the KING of relentless, stupid, repetitive posts about whatever stupid, useless repetitive agenda you have a cross to die on.

Please stop, for all of our sanity.

Or create a schedule board or one for one of your other repetitive agendas.

Either you have multiple personalities or you need serious help. This is your first post on TD? This is your first post on a TE being our QB? That is laughable.

I don't have any agendas. I don't start topics I reply to correct stupid people using stats and facts to backup my point. Not my fault if people like you cannot get simple concepts through their simple heads.

You never stick to any facts and consistently change the subject when you are called out. It just proves what we all know, you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

You have now ruined another feel good thread. Congrats.