Devito... | Syracusefan.com

Devito...

TD should transfer to a G5 team that scores, he's not an NFL guy and it's not gonna work here, go play and enjoy the game he'll put up big numbers there.

Lol thats on the horrible WRs not him. You shouldn't have to take something off it at this level.

But yeah there is some credence that we would do better with a noodle arm QB because our WRs suck that bad. I am not being facetious either.

Hope Tommy is OK looked painful.

Devito's problem is he has no touch throwing...everything is a fastball.

Devito’s biggest problem IMO is that he lacks perhaps the greatest intangible a successful QB needs, and that’s pocket presence. The moment there is any semblance of things breaking down, so does he with his happy feet, lack of poise/presence, etc. He also appears to be unable to check down his progressions as you hardly ever see him physically doing this as his head seems locked in at all times.

Last edited:
The kid left the stadium on crutches and might be out for the season, give him a break.
I hope he’s ok

I don’t think anyone wishes him anything but the best health wise. It’s ok to talk about game play, it doesn’t mean people wish him Ill health.

That being said, today was not on him. He wasn’t amazing but if his WR catch the ball we may very well have won this game

Nonsense. They said the same thing about Nassib.
Well it was true. Those fastballs to RBs in the flats and short slants routes were maddening. I was a big Nassib fan but the kid only had one type of pass... bullet. Its fine if every receiver is Marvin Harrison but most receivers, especially backs, will struggle to catch a ball that gets on them too fast unless it is placed perfectly.

TD should transfer to a G5 team that scores, he's not an NFL guy and it's not gonna work here, go play and enjoy the game he'll put up big numbers there.

Disagree.

The OL help we need is on the roster.

You just need to get 2 sure handed WRs to go with Taj for next year. They don't need to be fast. Preferably one guy who is tough and can block on bubble screens.

WRs/TES: Harris/Jordan/Transfer/Transfer/Benson/Hackett

RBs: Tucker with one of Adams or Howard maybe both

That looks fine to me.

While all that may be true about the many limitations of TD, he was still the best we had at the QB position. Without him, we don't win another game this season - beginning next week against Liberty. And Clemson, good lord, can we just forfeit now? That will be a beat down like no other...on the bright side at least we don't have to worry about our head coach leaving for a better program lol.

Disagree.

You just need to get 2 sure handed WRs to go with Taj for next year. They don't need to be fast. Preferably one guy who is tough and can block on bubble screens.

That looks fine to me.
That's not gonna work, your falling in love with names not players, if the OL help on the roster is so good they'll save next year they'd play now. I know we have some injuries and bleich can't play but you need more than 3 Wr's, and why would any of our top players stay especially hackett, TD can go play 2 years and put up good numbers, DB is closer to being fired than we are to being fixed next season. We need to build this thing correctly, I like devito but I think it's time we go our seoerate ways it'll benefit everyone

Disagree.

That looks fine to me.
Tommy graduates in December

Devito's problem is he has no touch throwing...everything is a fastball.

We used to say that about Nassib. I don't se that so much with Tommy.

Tommy graduates in December

Speculate all you want he probably has to step down to far to be guaranteed the starting job elsewhere or beat out someone good. I doubt we can recruit a transfer that he wouldn't feel comfortable beating out. Wouldn't shock me one bit if he starts at a different P5 school next September but its hardly a guarantee and he could go somewhere else and not win the job.

Speculate all you want he probably has to step down to far to be guaranteed the starting job elsewhere or beat out someone good. I doubt we can recruit a transfer that he wouldn't feel comfortable beating out. Wouldn't shock me one bit if he starts at a different P5 school next September but its hardly a guarantee and he could go somewhere else and not win the job.
Now who’s speculating? I just stated he’s graduating, that’s it. I have no idea what he’s going to do but it’s not a forgone conclusion that he’s back. And I believe he can go anywhere since he’s a graduate student no?

He leads the league 2 years running throwing it away average 4 times a game how many does he have to throw away with 7 defenders in coverage nobody’s open !!!
Sorry that he’s out for the year. That blows the big one. This season is officially over.

Reactions: FAL
Today was not on devito ofcourse the play calling finally gets chugging along and the poor kid gets hurt on a successful drive. He definitely has problems with pocket presence and locking on receivers but his receivers failed him and the line failed him i mean come on cant be letting sacks happen when they are rushing 4. Ik its infuriating that every damn throw is a bomb but he showed on that last drive he could do the quick hits. I think larger piece of the pie is play calling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom