Devo Podcast | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Devo Podcast

Hey guys this is Tim (Devo's producer on the podcast). Is there anyone in particular you guys really want Devo to try to get on the show?

Or any questions you'd like him to ask/suggestions on how to make the show better. We're open to any feedback. Thanks!

Chris Cillizza. ;-)

Hey guys this is Tim (Devo's producer on the podcast). Is there anyone in particular you guys really want Devo to try to get on the show?

Or any questions you'd like him to ask/suggestions on how to make the show better. We're open to any feedback. Thanks!
Woah, this is cool

I want to know how much Eric gets paid by the "manscaping" sponsor, because that his pitch on that cracks me up...haha

Serious response now - how about getting an ex-player from a rival team? Would love to hear stories about trash talking, and how intimidating it is to walk in the dome as an opponent.

One other idea - get a HS coach to discuss how recruiting looks from their perspective.

If this podcast is going to be around for a long time, you will want to branch out to new areas.

Woah, this is cool

I want to know how much Eric gets paid by the "manscaping" sponsor, because that his pitch on that cracks me up...haha

Serious response now - how about getting an ex-player from a rival team? Would love to hear stories about trash talking, and how intimidating it is to walk in the dome as an opponent.

One other idea - get a HS coach to discuss how recruiting looks from their perspective.

If this podcast is going to be around for a long time, you will want to branch out to new areas.
I thought about that too...maybe get a Cuse guy and a hated rival on together. Maybe Devo has become friendly after BB with an old BE player he could invite on? It would be fun to hear stories from both sides.

All the ex players love Bernie y’all should bring him on.

What about Mr. Melfi aka Jason Cipolla?

Rakeem Christmas would be good to learn what it’s like being a Jordan (PS would y’all ever sign up for a Keith Smart line of sneakers, it shocks me Gtown is a Jordan school when Jordan Smarted them?)

Tyrone Albright-Would be fascinating to hear his stories of 03 team and what a local kid felt like being a hometown kid on that title team.

Donovan McNabb-Would be good for a 2 parter to talk about everything he did at the school.

Stevie Thompson

What about someone like Troy Weaver who understands the program and big picture aspects?

Hop was episode 2. One of the best ones so far probably. All those are good ideas. Feel like Josh Pace could be really fun.

Agreed. If I recall, Pace and Eric were on the same pro team in New Zealand? They’d probably have a lot to talk about. I know Pace is currently the women’s coach at Western New Mexico.

6ot special episode w/ aj price & jonny flynn

I thought about that too...maybe get a Cuse guy and a hated rival on together. Maybe Devo has become friendly after BB with an old BE player he could invite on? It would be fun to hear stories from both sides.

Would love to hear Carl Krauser and how he somehow was in school for 7 years it seemed

Would love to hear Carl Krauser and how he somehow was in school for 7 years it seemed

“Seemed”?

It seemed like he was there for a decade.

I get the Devo love for Jonny, but -
Sherm is actually our best PG of all time.

He had an uncanny knack for not only running our high-octane O, and was the GOAT of throwing ooops -
But he could also take over the scoring in crunch time when he needed to.

Also - H0t taek inbound! - I’d argue that Red Autry was maybe a better PG than GMac.

I get the Devo love for Jonny, but -
Sherm is actually our best PG of all time.

He had an uncanny knack for not only running our high-octane O, and was the GOAT of throwing ooops -
But he could also take over the scoring in crunch time when he needed to.

Also - H0t taek inbound! - I’d argue that Red Autry was maybe a better PG than GMac.

Agreed with Sherm. Though I understand Devendorf going for the guy that he played with, and Flynn really was a special player.

I think peak Autry as a senior, was probably a little better than GMac ever was. But GMac had the better overall career - he was certainly better as a freshman/sophomore than Autry was.

We basically went from Pearl to Douglas to Autry to Hart to McNamara. From 84 to 06, there was only a few seasons(one of them the extremely underrated and solid Allen Griffin senior year, and one of them the legendary Z Sims senior year) where one of them wasn’t our PG.

That’s a heck of a 20+ year run of PG play.

Much more spotty since then due largely to early entry to the NBA, but still had Flynn, MCW, and Ennis. And even though he was playing out of position because we had nobody else, you can add Gbinije too.

Last edited:

I’ll throw out a few other prominent SU players that were multi year starters that I’d be curious to hear from: Luke Jackson, Otis Hill, Todd Burgan. Burgan being another Michigan native like Devo, they might have a connection?