Diagne | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

If that's the case, why has this been such a secret?

And again, like the Blair situation, why doesn't SU look more closely at his course load?

Baffling.
Hopefully it is under appeal.

I would guess they could say any foreign kids high school courses didn't count if they want to. Kid comes to America meets the requirements at a good private high school and gets a qualifying score on an SAT in English. Why do a few freshman level classes in Africa matter?

I would guess they could say any foreign kids high school courses didn't count if they want to. Kid comes to America meets the requirements at a good private high school and gets a qualifying score on an SAT in English. Why do a few freshman level classes in Africa matter?
It would be interesting to see the consistency of their rulings regarding African players.

Somebody please play devil's advocate and tell me what the logical train of thought is for the NCAA denying eligibility over freshman classes taken in another country.

What exactly are they trying to prevent from happening that would be considered either an unfair advantage for the team recruiting the player or special treatment for an athlete-student over a normal student?

Hearing he was denied eligibility by the NCAA yesterday due to lack of credited classes on his high school transcript, because some of the classes he took back home in Senegal. Sad day:(

Whatever.

If true, yeah would hurt this year. He just goes prep gets the courses or whatever he needs then comes next year.

It's coming soon.

There was a time a few years ago when I was resistant to the notion that the P5 should break away from the NCAA. I didn't want collegiate athletics to change, for players to be paid, etc. I wanted the pure amateur ideal of what the NCAA allegedly is supposed to stand for. But then I slowly came to realize that the NCAA is big business, and that the "ideal" I was clinging to was from the 1980s, when I was a kid.

Today's NCAA is borderline corrupt.

Mark Emmert has run what was already a floundering organization into the ground.

They are a joke of an enforcement organization / regulatory body.

Their rules are over-architected, unnecessarily complex, and antiquated.

They situationally choose who to enforce the rules against, while complicitly looking the other way while some institutions repeatedly and flagrantly break the rules.

They are the epitome of hypocrisy.

And in the rare instance when they DO enforce the rules, the penalties they hand down are capricious, arbitrary, and lack any connection to precedence.

These days, I look forward to when the NCAA's hypocrisy perishes in flames. I know we need some kind of governing system / body in place to level the playing field, but the NCAA has proven repeatedly that they aren't up to the task.

Amazing the scam UNC just pulled. Their whole objective this year is to delay penalties till after the end of this upcoming season, because they're ranked no 2. So to buy time, at the last possible minute of one clock ticking down, they self report additional violations, which restarts the clock delaying any action for an additional 60 days.

Sucks if the kid is denied by the NCAA, but it would mean we are 10 scholarships with Chukwu would put us at 10. We would technically be starting the penalties this year with 9 available scholarship players and Christian White.

Amazing the scam UNC just pulled. Their whole objective this year is to delay penalties till after the end of this upcoming season, because they're ranked no 2. So to buy time, at the last possible minute of one clock ticking down, they self report additional violations, which restarts the clock delaying any action for an additional 60 days.

Glass Houses.jpg

Brooky03 said:
Yes, because the NCAA dragging its feet is pretty much standard operating procedure over there. It's like saying turtles are slow or grass is green.

If I was confusing, I'm of the opinion that the NCAA doesn't sit there and say let's slow roll this one.

Somebody please play devil's advocate and tell me what the logical train of thought is for the NCAA denying eligibility over freshman classes taken in another country.

What exactly are they trying to prevent from happening that would be considered either an unfair advantage for the team recruiting the player or special treatment for an athlete-student over a normal student?
You lost any meaningful reply the moment you wrote "logical train of thought." The NCAA uses little to no logic.

Brooky03 said:
Somebody please play devil's advocate and tell me what the logical train of thought is for the NCAA denying eligibility over freshman classes taken in another country. What exactly are they trying to prevent from happening that would be considered either an unfair advantage for the team recruiting the player or special treatment for an athlete-student over a normal student?

Not to go through the whole process again but it's discussed in detail on the football board regarding Blair.

If I was confusing, I'm of the opinion that the NCAA doesn't sit there and say let's slow roll this one.

Maybe my response was the confusing one, but I knew what you meant. I'm of the opinion that the NCAA employs greased up monkeys humping doorknobs and actively goes out of its way to avoid processing anything in a timely manner. Saying they're dragging their feet goes beyond stating the obvious.

Hearing he was denied eligibility by the NCAA yesterday due to lack of credited classes on his high school transcript, because some of the classes he took back home in Senegal. Sad day:(
If that's the case we should hear something official in the next 24-36 hours, either from insiders here or from SU directly.

Over the last 2-3 years it appears that anything involving Syracuse basketball raises a red flag for the NCAA. I look forward to the day they wither and die a slow death.
Look at Larry Brown. The guy can't pee without the NCAA investigating his PSA level. Boeheim is the new Tarkanian. Orange is the new black.

Brooky03 said:
Thanks. I'll go take a look.

And I didn't mean to sound snarky. But instead of copying and pasting the posts it's probably just as easy to read through that thread ( the last several pages). Comes down to core requirements.

That's not true.

Backcourt will be extremely experienced. Rising junior PF is ready to break out. Center is coming off injury, but has talent and was a McDonald's All American.

Not to mention Lydon & Richardson, who will be able to contribute off the bench.

Even last year with our minimized team w/o McCullough and without a PG, we were in a ton of games only to fall late.

We will be fine.

With McCullough and Bryant, this was a Final Four team. If Diagne doesn't make it to campus and Coleman gets hurt again, this team will be in big trouble. We have terrific perimeter players, but we don't have anyone t defend the post or rebound. Who are we going to put in there, Roberson?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom