Diagne | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

With McCullough and Bryant, this was a Final Four team. If Diagne doesn't make it to campus and Coleman gets hurt again, this team will be in big trouble. We have terrific perimeter players, but we don't have anyone t defend the post or rebound. Who are we going to put in there, Roberson?

McCullough was expected to be one and done and Bryant was never a lock to come here. We could also say "If Okafor came here last year, or Simmons came here this year". If Ennis didn't leave and Grant stayed for his senior year we'd probably be in the final four too. We have what we have and the it doesn't really make much sense to play this game because I'm sure the top 50 teams have issues of returning players or players that just missed coming here.

Imagine if Anthony Davis came here with him at the 4 and Fab at the 5 in '12, probably would have been undefeated and one of the best teams ever.

McCullough was expected to be one and done and Bryant was never a lock to come here. We could also say "If Okafor came here last year, or Simmons came here this year". If Ennis didn't leave and Grant stayed for his senior year we'd probably be in the final four too. We have what we have and the it doesn't really make much sense to play this game because I'm sure the top 50 teams have issues of returning players or players that just missed coming here.

Imagine if Anthony Davis came here with him at the 4 and Fab at the 5 in '12, probably would have been undefeated and one of the best teams ever.
I think we would have zero wins that year.

Mike Waters was just on ESPN Radio Syracuse.

He's heard nothing.

Says that Diagne's transcript is more complicated because he started HS in Africa.

Yes, but McCullough got hurt and could have easily come back. It's not like saying "we wish a player chose us who didn't". The kid was on the team and certainly could have raised his stock with a good year and maybe made the lottery. Maybe if Boeheim hadn't been so hard on him in the press, he might have stuck around.

Bryant was a lock until the penalties and we got cold feet with him. We shouldn't have taken the "Sure Thing" in Diagne and gone balls out to get Bryant instead of shutting him out.

And I didn't mean to sound snarky. But instead of copying and pasting the posts it's probably just as easy to read through that thread ( the last several pages). Comes down to core requirements.

NCAA rippin us to the core...

OrangeXtreme said:
Mike Waters was just on ESPN Radio Syracuse. He's heard nothing. Says that Diagne's transcript is more complicated because he started HS in Africa.

So why doesn't Waters write a story telling us what he does know?

Seems he knows something.

Mike Waters was just on ESPN Radio Syracuse.

He's heard nothing.

Says that Diagne's transcript is more complicated because he started HS in Africa.

When has he heard anything before its been official? Seriously I don't think he has great lines of info into the SU BBall program on anything important.

When has he heard anything before its been official? Seriously I don't think he has great lines of info into the SU BBall program on anything important.

Or if he does, he's never willing to share the info he gets.

So it's a surprise that Diagne would plan to be a college freshman in 2015? There's NOTHING the NCAA can do for high profile recruits like 'Stapha UNTIL HE'S ABOUT TO ENROLL! If this is really due to some classes he took in High School in Senegal in 2011 why can't there be a proactive approach to certify these courses. And moreso, How does the NCAA evaluate high school classes in Senegal! I'm just mildly outraged here...

dilligaf said:
NCAA rippin us to the core...

I guess, if you don't know or understand the minimum core requirements.

shandeezy7 said:
Or if he does, he's never willing to share the info he gets.

Do you think Bailey would be treating the story this way?

Not a chance.

rrlbees said:
I guess, if you don't know or understand the minimum core requirements.

Again, SU should have made sure he was meeting the core requirements.

Pretty simple.

Pretty simple.

But how does this relate when a portion of the core requirements were assumed to have been met in a foreign country. Difficult enough to evaluate state to state but how can anyone pretend to be able to evaluate every potential COUNTRY a prospective student athlete comes from.

So it's a surprise that Diagne would plan to be a college freshman in 2015? There's NOTHING the NCAA can do for high profile recruits like 'Stapha UNTIL HE'S ABOUT TO ENROLL! If this is really due to some classes he took in High School in Senegal in 2011 why can't there be a proactive approach to certify these courses. And moreso, How does the NCAA evaluate high school classes in Senegal! I'm just mildly outraged here...

Exactly, they probably won't care about UNC's fake classes so why scrutinize HS African classes? Oh cause its Syracuse and JB.

Yes, but McCullough got hurt and could have easily come back. It's not like saying "we wish a player chose us who didn't". The kid was on the team and certainly could have raised his stock with a good year and maybe made the lottery. Maybe if Boeheim hadn't been so hard on him in the press, he might have stuck around.

Bryant was a lock until the penalties and we got cold feet with him. We shouldn't have taken the "Sure Thing" in Diagne and gone balls out to get Bryant instead of shutting him out.

Grant could have raised his stock by staying, ditto to Ennis. If you're a first round pick you bolt. McCullough did that. If he tailed off one bit or had a year like his freshman year he falls out of the first round. He made the right move.

When was Bryant a lock? Seems to me even before the penalties he was still adding and subtracting teams from his list.

Pretty simple.

Unfair.

Yeah let's check every single incoming Scholarship athlete's in all sports men and women.

And core requirements bull.

Gotta put some trust in the High School.

Correct. Bailey WOULD write an article despite not having anything new or official to report, chock full of unsubstantiated speculation.

Going to send you a PM.

Unfair.

Yeah let's check every single incoming Scholarship athlete's in all sports men and women.

And core requirements bull.

Gotta put some trust in the High School.

It's called due diligence.

Also. I think MW has a pulse of the program a lot better then a lot people on this board.

Also. I think MW has a pulse of the program a lot better then people on this board. Outside of the known respected insiders.

Everyone else MW knows more than you.

Let's shut this place down and just read MW articles from our smart phones while drinking 2 for 1 tall ones at Applebees.

Let's shut this place down and just read MW articles from our smart phones while drinking 2 for 1 tall ones at Applebees.

I don't care for the "I heard this" from people on this board outside of Jake, Bees, and CTO and the couple others.

Makes everyone think and believe they r an insider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom