Diagne | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

A couple of things here.

Many years ago (2004) a day before the first football game, and also the day before classes started, a kid from our NJ high school (and one of my son's closest friends) was pulled off the field because the NCAA clearinghouse decided that a course he took did not meet their requirements. He had been at the college where he was recruited to play football for 2 weeks, practicing with the team. This particular course was taught in a top 50 NJ high school where 99% of the kids go to college, and probably 35% take the same course. This high school does not often get athletes so would not be as familiar with the NCAA process. The NCAA requested a syllabus of this college prep course and somehow determined that it was not good enough for them. I can guarantee you that there was at least one regular student at SU who took the same course that year. Students in that class also went to Penn State, Maryland, Delaware, Quinnipiac, Rhode Island etc. BUT the NCAA turned it down for this poor kid. Now in all fairness, this high school did not keep a syllabus of any classes and had to prepare one for the NCAA. His college football days were over and he ended up going to Montclair St. (who had no trouble with said course) played there and got a degree. This was appealed to the nth degree with no luck because the NCAA can do anything at any time. However, he did successfully sue our school district because they should have had a better idea of how to prepare the syllabus, and had they done a better job explaining the course content this probably would not have happened. This kid had tremendous NFL potential. So don't be so sure that this has anything to do with SU, compliance, or the athletic department. I am sure it appeared that he had all the courses he needed. And I am also sure a high school in Africa does not know how to deal with the NCAA. And yes, in Diagne's case this was done late because they looked at course syllabuses. Stuff was in to the NCAA in plenty of time, but he got red flagged. Happens, sucks, and is a HUGE problem with the NCAA.

Other thing. Coyne is keeping a tight ship and is keeping the lid on these sorts of things. There are leaks about it. I knew a couple of weeks ago, and I also got an email yesterday morning with the final confirmation from someone else. There are a lot of people on here who can find out info. But they are not going to share it because they get attacked. I pm'd a few people yesterday when the final word came down. I am not often in the know, but sometimes this info drops in my lap because I do have an association with the school and talk to staff there often. The only word is that it will be officially announced before August 31.

Mike Waters: Diagne will enroll in a two year school, rather than SU.

Not surprising unfortunately, once this started to drag you knew this wasn't going to end positively. Cmac and Bryant not being here really looming large now. Just have to hope Coleman can stay healthy if not we might be in for a sub .500 year.

Never the doom and gloom type of person, but when will it STOP!!!!!!! This has been a never ending saga for the past 5 years, I'm tired of it, when will things start to bounce our way. I know this sounds whiney but for the last 5 years something has gone wrong every single year, did someone sell their soul to the devil? Un-freaking believable, END RANT.

I interviewed Diagne at the Mary Kline Classic a few months ago. He didn't seem to have a care in the world; he was just looking forward to getting up to SU and getting ready for the season. I'm sure this hit him very hard. The sad thing is the kid did
everything he had to do in order to graduate and follow his dream to SU.

Looking at this from an SU perspective, we are now painfully thin at the center position this coming year. We need DC to get through this year healthy. Yikes.

Never the doom and gloom type of person, but when will it STOP!! This has been a never ending saga for the past 5 years, I'm tired of it, when will things start to bounce our way. I know this sounds whiney but for the last 5 years something has gone wrong every single year, did someone sell their soul to the devil? Un-freaking believable, END RANT.

Aside from the injuries a lot of our issues were self inflicted see the sanctions and early tourney losses. This latest thing happens all the time we have just been lucky enough to avoid it for a while. The problem is its coming at the worst possible time. On the bright side it solves the scholarship issue for next year at least partially

Well Roberson will have to cross train at the 5 and Lyndon could see big minutes at the 4. This opens up room for Richardson at the 3 as well if Lyndon has to play the 4 exclusively

iommi said:
I interviewed Diagne at the Mary Kline Classic a few months ago. He didn't seem to have a care in the world; he was just looking forward to getting up to SU and getting ready for the season. I'm sure this hit him very hard. The sad thing is the kid did everything he had to do in order to graduate and follow his dream to SU. Looking at this from an SU perspective, we are now painfully thin at the center position this coming year. We need DC to get through this year healthy. Yikes.
Indeed. Worst of all is he lost his father and sister in a six month period. :(

I don't care for the "I heard this" from people on this board outside of Jake, Bees, and CTO and the couple others.

Makes everyone think and believe they r an insider.
Steve, Joyce and Rick are all great sources of Information. But their are other posters on this board with connections as well!

Last edited:
Well Roberson will have to cross train at the 5 and Lyndon could see big minutes at the 4. This opens up room for Richardson at the 3 as well if Lyndon has to play the 4 exclusively

Other teams play a three-guard lineup, we will have to play a three-forward lineup. Not ideal. I guess we could see a front court of G, Lydon and Roberson at times.

Other teams play a three-guard lineup, we will have to play a three-forward lineup. Not ideal. I guess we could see a front court of G, Lydon and Roberson at times.

Assuming Kaleb or Howard can give us something at the point a lineup of one of them us Cooney G Roberson and Coleman would be a an above average team. Bench depth would be a bit scary but Richardson Lyndon and say howard gives you some scoring punch at least on paper. I have zero faith in Chino.

Aside from the injuries a lot of our issues were self inflicted see the sanctions and early tourney losses. This latest thing happens all the time we have just been lucky enough to avoid it for a while. The problem is its coming at the worst possible time. On the bright side it solves the scholarship issue for next year at least partially

Oh Im very aware, it just sucks from a fans perspective. And I know some were injuries and such, but it just seems like every year it is something new that gets in our way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom