Diagne | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

I'm trying to figure out what you're talking about. I don't see any real references to Gbinije, let alone jokes, in this thread. Am I just not seeing it taking place in a different thread?
Earlier it was said that Gbinije will be the starting PG and backup center. I know we all hope it doesn't come to that!

I heard a couple of days ago but with no other info that he will not be here this year. Heard it from someone who had recently been at SU and with the staff. Just made a statement that he will not be here, no reason stated.

I heard a couple of days ago but with no other info that he will not be here this year. Heard it from someone who had recently been at SU and with the staff. Just made a statement that he will not be here, no reason stated.
Frigg'n unreal. We cant catch a break. BUT totally out of my/our control...so I guess we just gotta live with whatever the outcome is

He's not on campus now but would be if you there wasn't an issue. This is a clear instance of the NCAA with a foreign kid because he chose SU and SU if on their sheet list. IMO

He still may make it this year, we shall see.

He's not on campus now but would be if you there wasn't an issue. This is a clear instance of the NCAA with a foreign kid because he chose SU and SU if on their sheet list. IMO

When do the freshman report to campus?

Not true. This is a self-imposed problem.

I was told that he was reporting this weekend. Does anyone know if that did or did not happen?

It's the "fully expects" that turns on my caution light. How many times have I heard that in my 73 years? Nevertheless, i hope he makes it on campus.

Ride Coleman. Reports r he has looked good and is ready. I don't play what if he doesn't hold up physically game.

G, Trevor as our go to seniors, Tyler Roberson emerging this year, Kaleb takes the sophomore leap. Reports have been good on the other freshmen Malachi, Frank, and Tyler. Especially Tyler Lydon.

We will be fine (If true)

Calm down people.

So best case scenario for a guy with multiple knee surgeries who hasn't played a game in almost 2 years? Think that is a fair game to play?

In all reality Coleman hasn't played in 2 years, wasn't great when he did, now he has a worse knee. Cooney hasn't been consistent, ditto for G. Tyler will rebound 20 in a game or not show up. Kaleb really can't get worse, and we have no idea what the freshman will do.

The only known is that we lost a guy who put up one of the best seasons we've had in awhile and didn't win 20 games.

We can be better than we were last year, but the loss of Rak is massive and shouldn't be taken so lightly.

Some guys will get better, some will stay the same, I think we end up with 20-24 wins and should make the tournament. 2016-2017 and beyond are our years. This year will be a transition, getting these younger guys ready, phasing G/Cooney out etc etc. What we've gained is nice, but what we lost is huge.

So best case scenario for a guy with multiple knee surgeries who hasn't played a game in almost 2 years? Think that is a fair game to play?

In all reality Coleman hasn't played in 2 years, wasn't great when he did, now he has a worse knee. Cooney hasn't been consistent, ditto for G. Tyler will rebound 20 in a game or not show up. Kaleb really can't get worse, and we have no idea what the freshman will do.

The only known is that we lost a guy who put up one of the best seasons we've had in awhile and didn't win 20 games.

We can be better than we were last year, but the loss of Rak is massive and shouldn't be taken so lightly.

Some guys will get better, some will stay the same, I think we end up with 20-24 wins and should make the tournament. 2016-2017 and beyond are our years. This year will be a transition, getting these younger guys ready, phasing G/Cooney out etc etc. What we've gained is nice, but what we lost is huge.
I've said before it is folly to "expect" anything from Coleman, say nothing about counting on him. Without Diagne there are 2 options, either Obokoh plays a lot of minutes OR the coaches have to completely revamp the offense and defense for the times DC is not on the court. Even at best case most optimistic for Coleman I can't see him playing more than 25 minutes per game.

I've said before it is folly to "expect" anything from Coleman, say nothing about counting on him. Without Diagne there are 2 options, either Obokoh plays a lot of minutes OR the coaches have to completely revamp the offense and defense for the times DC is not on the court. Even at best case most optimistic for Coleman I can't see him playing more than 25 minutes per game.

If that scenario plays out, and that is entirely possible, we are going to have to go to the Villanova style of play, and go with a much smaller lineup, Roberson at the 5.

If that scenario plays out, and that is entirely possible, we are going to have to go to the Villanova style of play, and go with a much smaller lineup, Roberson at the 5.

Well, it may not win us a lot of games. Especially with having 3 guards and an undersized 5 on defense in zone. But it will be entertaining I'm sure.

so in other words - calm down people

Honest question, do High School players only submit their transcripts/records to the NCAA clearinghouse at the end of their Sr. years? It would seem to me that this should be done, or allowed to be done, every year through out the course of their HS career (or at least at the end of their Jr year) to flag any potential "issues" they may have. With all of the foreign players these days and kids reclassifying you would think a proactive approach such as this would be needed, that way these kids don't wait to find out at the end of their Sr years that one of their classes did not count from when the moved, transferred, etc.

Is this something that is currently happening?

If that scenario plays out, we are going to have to go to the Villanova style of play, and go with a much smaller lineup, Roberson at the 5.
Unfortunately, Boeheim would still play exclusively zone even if he had a lineup of Tyrion Lannisters.

pearl31 said:
When is the first day of classes for Fall?

8/31

A Villanova type style is exactly what came to mind for me. I don't know that we would have much choice. I'm more concerned about Coleman's health than my own at this point!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom