Diagne | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

rrlbees said:
Exactly. I'm doubling down on my prior posts.
I mean why is Diagne going a diff route than Diallo or Yakwe. More than 1 kid there had to go JUCO...

The one class thing after he enrolled in JUCO coming from his high school coach just smells strange to me.

Perhaps you guys are right. The way I understand it, he passed all of his American classes and passed the SATs. He's proven that he's competent in the classroom. I don't know what his classes were like in Senegal. I doubt they compare favorably to an American curriculum. Should that be held against him?

jimsonjunction said:
Perhaps you guys are right. The way I understand it, he passed all of his American classes and passed the SATs. He's proven that he's competent in the classroom. I don't know what his classes were like in Senegal. I doubt they compare favorably to an American curriculum. Should that be held against him?
It's been said on here that diagne had qualifying scores but I've never seen that confirmed. Maybe it was but I haven't seen it.

It's been said on here that diagne had qualifying scores but I've never seen that confirmed. Maybe it was but I haven't seen it.

True. It's tough to get verified information. Adds to the frustration.

pearl31 said:
Right, might as well assume his coach is lying

Or perhaps only telling part of the story. Stud athletes who are only short one class do not end up at JUCOs, they prep.

The one class thing after he enrolled in JUCO coming from his high school coach just smells strange to me.

Its to keep his student visa, he needed to be enrolled at a school before a certain date

Or perhaps only telling part of the story. Stud athletes who are only short one class do not end up at JUCOs, they prep.

Which begs the question--was the student visa really an issue [in which case, I guess hedging and enrolling at a JUCO makes some sense], or... ?

I mean why is Diagne going a diff route than Diallo or Yakwe. More than 1 kid there had to go JUCO...

Because one of them is in Africa and the other two are still in the US?

Doesn't prep school cost money?

Its to keep his student visa, he needed to be enrolled at a school before a certain date

I know that is whats been reported. It just seems to me that it's unlikely that things are that simple all over one class from Senegal.

Day2 said:
Doesn't prep school cost money?

When's the last time you heard of a star athlete not being able to go to prep school because of tuition? I'm talking a bonafide, P-5 impact player.

Never. It gets worked out.

Jake said:
it's definitely that IMO. But seems like most would rather believe the coach and blame the NCAA

When's the last time you heard of a star athlete not being able to go to prep school because of tuition? I'm talking a bonafide, P-5 impact player.

Never. It gets worked out.

Except he didn't know if he was going to be a P-5 player or not.

Are the transfer rules different juco vs a prep school?

urban96 said:
Are the transfer rules different juco vs a prep school?
JUCO you're stuck for 2 years and it counts against eligibility.

it's definitely that IMO. But seems like most would rather believe the coach and blame the NCAA

What does the coach gain by lying? Serious question.

Day2 said:
Offers don't mean much if you're not eligible.
what? He was coming here. If he was one class short he'd go prep and it'd be free...

Day2 said:
What does the coach gain by lying? Serious question.
If it's the NCAA fault then Pope John dodges a bullet. If not and its on Pope John what does that do to kids thinking about going there (if their students don't qualify)?

Offers don't mean much if you're not eligible.
I can't tell if you're kidding or not. If you have a P5 offer and you accept one, you're going to be a P5 player. Not sure what you don't get about that.

I can't tell if you're kidding or not. If you have a P5 offer and you accept one, you're going to be a P5 player. Not sure what you don't get about that.

You're acting like there isn't an issue over his eligibility. There is, and the NCAA has yet to make a decision. Meanwhile, he's in Senegal and needs to get back to the US so he can go to school and play ball. Not sure what you don't get about that.

Day2 said:
They haven't ruled either way, though.
I'd guess the powers that be have a pretty good idea on it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom