Diagne | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

If it's the NCAA fault then Pope John dodges a bullet. If not and its on Pope John what does that do to kids thinking about going there (if their students don't qualify)?

How is it on Pope John, though? If it's one class or seven, everyone seems to agree the issue is with his freshman year in Senegal.

I'd guess the powers that be have a pretty good idea on it...

Do they? It sounds like Diagne's decision had more to do with a deadline than a ruling.

Day2 said:
You're acting like there isn't an issue over his eligibility. There is, and the NCAA has yet to make a decision. Meanwhile, he's in Senegal and needs to get back to the US so he can go to school and play ball. Not sure what you don't get about that.
why is Diallo enrolled at Kansas? Why is Yakwe at St. John's?

Day2 said:
How is it on Pope John, though? If it's one class or seven, everyone seems to agree the issue is with his freshman year in Senegal.
Uh that's the coaches story. You asked what he'd gain by lying...

You're acting like there isn't an issue over his eligibility. There is, and the NCAA has yet to make a decision. Meanwhile, he's in Senegal and needs to get back to the US so he can go to school and play ball. Not sure what you don't get about that.
He accepted a Syracuse scholarship offer. Whether or not he is eligible immediately is irrelevant. If you don't think he will play college ball, I don't know what to tell you. If your argument is that he isn't a P5 player RIGHT NOW, then you're quibbling and splitting hairs. Kid has P5 talent. He will play. Hopefully, for SU. If not, somewhere else.

Uh that's the coaches story. You asked why he'd gain by lying...

We've been talking about his coursework in Senegal as the culprit for the last month.

Day2 said:
They were already in the US. Diagne wasn't. Still isn't, correct?
So why not enroll at SU...? They aren't cleared either.

He accepted a Syracuse scholarship offer. Whether or not he is eligible immediately is irrelevant. If you don't think he will play college ball, I don't know what to tell you. If your argument is that he isn't a P5 player RIGHT NOW, then you're quibbling and splitting hairs. Kid has P5 talent. He will play. Hopefully, for SU. If not, somewhere else.

Of course he's going to play college ball. He's headed to a JUCO program.

I'm not the one quibbling and splitting hairs. You came after me.

So why not enroll at SU...? They aren't cleared either.

They can't give him a visa until he's cleared, right? That's the problem. He has to get back to the US first.

Day2 said:
We've been talking about his coursework in Senegal as the culprit for the last month.
His coach is! You asked what he'd gain by lying! If he's lying it isn't one course from his freshman year in Senegal! Are you being intentional here? It's pretty clear why the coach wants this to be about Senegal/NCAA.

When's the last time you heard of a star athlete not being able to go to prep school because of tuition? I'm talking a bonafide, P-5 impact player.

Never. It gets worked out.
Would a really short time-frame change the calculus?

Of course he's going to play college ball. He's headed to a JUCO program.

I'm not the one quibbling and splitting hairs. You came after me.
You asked the question. Did you expect it not to be answered? And no one 'came after' you.

Day2 said:
They can't give him a visa until he's cleared, right? That's the problem. He has to get back to the US first.
you're dodging the question. He could get his visa by enrolling at SU. Why didn't he? Diallo did. Yakwe did.

You asked the question. Did you expect it not to be answered? And no one 'came after' you.

The post you responded to wasn't a question and you didn't give an answer, you gave sarcasm and snark.

His coach is! You asked what he'd gain by lying! If he's lying it isn't one course from his freshman year in Senegal! Are you being intentional here? It's pretty clear why the coach wants this to be about Senegal/NCAA.

His coach's story is from over the weekend. Again, we've been talking about his coursework for a month.

you're dodging the question. He could get his visa by enrolling at SU. Why didn't he? Diallo did. Yakwe did.

I'm not dodging anything. I've said this several times now. They're already in the US. He's in Senegal.

Calm down and re-read my posts.

Day2 said:
Doesn't prep school cost money?

So does JUCO

The post you responded to wasn't a question and you didn't give an answer, you gave sarcasm and snark.
I'm sorry you read it in your head as snark. When I read it in my head, it didn't come off that way. Going back over it, it still doesn't. The point is, the kid has P5 talent, and will play at the P5 level. If you don't think so, fine. I don't care. Doesn't change the fact that he will play at that level.

When's the last time you heard of a star athlete not being able to go to prep school because of tuition? I'm talking a bonafide, P-5 impact player.

Never. It gets worked out.
Except he didn't know if he was going to be a P-5 player or not.

Day2 has to be intentionally obtuse here. Not hard to see what Jake was saying.

AZOrange said:
it's definitely that IMO. But seems like most would rather believe the coach and blame the NCAA

Low hanging fruit. The NCAA is always the default guilty party of fans. 99% of the time emotional fans are wrong.

Day2 said:
What does the coach gain by lying? Serious question.

You seem to fancy yourself as an expert on this particular case...you tell me. I'll hang up and listen.

Day2 said:

Everyone? Who's everyone?

Jake said:
Everyone? Who's everyone?

Actually 95% of this board and that article. But not everybody.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom