Dino and the media | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Dino and the media

It's wishful thinking that we should go 6-6 next year?? In year 3? I'm not asking for the Sugar Bowl. 6-6. If he can't do that next year, we might just have the wrong guy.
Before this year most fans expected 5-7.
Next year we don’t play a killer road schedule.

Our 50/50 games are on the road more next year.
If we take care of business at home we will be a Bowl team next year.

The local football media at the PS suck.
Bailey/Carlson are trolls their twitter stuff is annoying. Bud polluted that sports department.

Basketball beat reporters aren’t Bud.
Non local Syracuse fans can see the difference between good coverage and bad coverage.

Negativity sells nowadays.

It's wishful thinking that we should go 6-6 next year?? In year 3? I'm not asking for the Sugar Bowl. 6-6. If he can't do that next year, we might just have the wrong guy.
That's just it. Some people want to extend him. If we don't get to 6 next year, then what? That's Gerg level bad.

That's just it. Some people want to extend him. If we don't get to 6 next year, then what? That's Gerg level bad.
Dude stop.
Gerg was 10-37 and 3-25 in Big East.

Yeah Dino is Gerg if we go 5-7 next year.

You want Gerg it was Scott Shafer’s last 2 years. A$$ kicking galores and meathead coaching.

When we hired Dino did you think it would take 3 years to get to a bowl game?
When I looked at the year 2 schedule I did.
Our road games
LSU
NC State
Miami
Florida State
Louisville

I didn’t expect to win any of those.
Thus I realized we had little margin for error at home.

Our depth isn’t good enough to overcome any mistakes and we lost an early home game.

Dude stop.
Gerg was 10-37 and 3-25 in Big East.

Yeah Dino is Gerg if we go 5-7 next year.

You want Gerg it was Scott Shafer’s last 2 years. A$$ kicking galores and meathead coaching.

If we don't go to a bowl in 3 years under Dino then sorry but you guys are flat out wrong. That put us at 5 years with a losing record. Sorry but next year does need to be do or die for Dino. I mean this isn't a fing Rutgers level rebuild here. I think he can get us there but if he doesn't then seriously the love affair needs to end.

If we don't go to a bowl in 3 years under Dino then sorry but you guys are flat out wrong. That put us at 5 years with a losing record. Sorry but next year does need to be do or die for Dino. I mean this isn't a fing Rutgers level rebuild here. I think he can get us there but if he doesn't then seriously the love affair needs to end.
You realize we play in a beast of a division for college football.
We have 2 elite programs in Florida State and Clemson.
A top 25 team a lot in Louisville
A team that always has talent but can’t get out of its way NC State

Then 3 peer schools Wake, BC, Pitt
Flip Pitt and SU we get a Bowl this year as we beat Duke and UNC.

Dino had nothing on defense last year. They made an adjustment and for 9.5 games were improved.

We have the QB of the future RSing.

Syracuse football has bottom 5 talent in the P5 right now.

Our speed has to be among slowest in the power 5.

Dino has a recruiting class which will bring speed to the RB, WR positions.
He has two 4 star OL in the pipelines.

The talent is upward.

This roster has 7 Seniors in the 2 deep contributing a lot. That Shafer recruiting class had no depth. It had 7 really good players for this year but that is the problem it wasn’t deep.

Yes I realize we play in a beast of a division. Do you realize it's not going anywhere? I posted another response earlier discussing SOS, we have the 33rd most difficult schedule in the country, but 7 other ACC schools have tougher schedules, 6 of them are going bowling even with the schedules. The ACC isn't going anywhere, so we need to be able to compete at that level or Adios unless you never want to go to a bowl game again. I think Dino gets it done next year but people need to get out of this honeymoon phase because we beat Clemson with a hurt/backup QB and came close in a couple of games. Next year, people need to be honest with what's going on if it's not happening.

Yes I realize we play in a beast of a division. Do you realize it's not going anywhere? I posted another response earlier discussing SOS, we have the 33rd most difficult schedule in the country, but 7 other ACC schools have tougher schedules, 6 of them are going bowling even with the schedules. The ACC isn't going anywhere, so we need to be able to compete at that level or Adios unless you never want to go to a bowl game again. I think Dino gets it done next year but people need to get out of this honeymoon phase because we beat Clemson with a hurt/backup QB and came close in a couple of games. Next year, people need to be honest with what's going on if it's not happening.
Our road games next year
Western Michigan
Boston College
Clemson
Notre Dame
Pittsburgh
Wake

If we win 2 of those we go bowling.

Florida State
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Louisville
UConn
Wagner
I see 4-2 at home.

If you can’t see the improvement fine.
We have had 2 crappy games.

Dino deserves the faith he has from most of the fanbase.
Syracuse talent was not good.
Marrone couldn’t recruit.
Shafer couldn’t recruit.

That means Dino doesn’t have depth.
Our peer schools have more NFL talent on their team than we have now.

Our road games next year
Western Michigan
Boston College
Clemson
Notre Dame
Pittsburgh
Wake

If we win 2 of those we go bowling.

Florida State
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Louisville
UConn
Wagner
I see 4-2 at home.

If you can’t see the improvement fine.
We have had 2 crappy games.

Dino deserves the faith he has from most of the fanbase.
Syracuse talent was not good.
Marrone couldn’t recruit.
Shafer couldn’t recruit.

That means Dino doesn’t have depth.
Our peer schools have more NFL talent on their team than we have now.
LMFAO It's the time machine:

"P left the cupboards bare! Gerg needs time to get his own recruits!!!!!"

DM went bowling with Gerg's recruits.
Shafer went bowling with DM's recruits.

We had enough talent to hang with tons of teams. Dungey is getting NFL looks, AET is on a practice squad, Ish and Erv are the all-time record setters in SU passing history. Spare me. We aren't playing with Rice's players. Have you seen Culpepper's offer sheet? Shafer's QB recruit is apparently still better. You guys rewash this same BS every time you think a losing coach needs more time. The cupboards weren't bare.

Before this year most fans expected 5-7.
Next year we don’t play a killer road schedule.

Our 50/50 games are on the road more next year.
If we take care of business at home we will be a Bowl team next year.

The local football media at the PS suck.
Bailey/Carlson are trolls their twitter stuff is annoying. Bud polluted that sports department.

Basketball beat reporters aren’t Bud.
Non local Syracuse fans can see the difference between good coverage and bad coverage.

Negativity sells nowadays.
I always love it when people make the claim all the time how others suck at their jobs. JB's offense sucks. The PS guys suck. A lot of suck out there. except the current football coach. He is great.

We had enough talent to hang with tons of teams. Dungey is getting NFL looks, AET is on a practice squad, Ish and Erv are the all-time record setters in SU passing history. Spare me. We aren't playing with Rice's players. Have you seen Culpepper's offer sheet? Shafer's QB recruit is apparently still better. You guys rewash this same BS every time you think a losing coach needs more time. The cupboards weren't bare.
The cupboards were pretty close to bare. There aren't many d-1 programs that would trade their rosters for ours. Having a guy on the practice squad isn't a real accomplishment. We are too small and too slow. But in year 3 of a rebuild, I don't think 6-6 is too much to ask for. I also think baring massive injuries, we'll get it.

The only reason Culpepper had that many offers is schools were gunning for his brother, and thought it would be easier to get him on their roster if his brother was there. Not sure if you watched the Louisville game, but he has some serious mechanics issues that didn't just happen in a day.

But in year 3 of a rebuild, I don't think 6-6 is too much to ask for.

This is all I'm asking for. If we don't get to 6 next year then we have serious serious problems.

The only reason Culpepper had that many offers is schools were gunning for his brother, and thought it would be easier to get him on their roster if his brother was there. Not sure if you watched the Louisville game, but he has some serious mechanics issues that didn't just happen in a day.
Yeah I'm sure Dabo wastes roster spots all the time.

Dungey is getting NFL looks?

Ohio State and Florida don't offer kids because they have a better chance at his brother 3 years later. Plus, his brother isn't all that good. He is good but it isn't like he was a game changer.

I always love it when people make the claim all the time how others suck at their jobs. JB's offense sucks. The PS guys suck. A lot of suck out there. except the current football coach. He is great.
If you want to criticize me by name
do it next time I can take it.
To your point just because you feel differently doesn’t make the opinion right or wrong.
If you think JB’s offensive philosophy is good go ahead.
It’s basic and not creative. It doesn’t mean he is a bad coach.
It means the offensive philosophy could be better.

On the PS. If you think trolls who are being negative to get a reaction is good coverage then go ahead and feel that way.
I think more people than not would agree with this position.

I will say this you to instead of being passive about it. Your opinions are no better than mine. I don’t care if you think differently as that is called diversity of thought. Difference between this and paid coverage is you or I are not paid for opinions/coverage.

Dino deserves criticism for mistakes this year I don’t think he is perfect. I think he is the man for the job and thus has my support.

Yeah I am done with you on this topic you keep your opinion or I will mine.
You aren’t going to change my opinion and I won’t yours.

Children, can you spot the differences in these two pictures?

upload_2017-11-22_14-44-48.png

upload_2017-11-22_14-45-40.png

To your point just because you feel differently doesn’t make the opinion right or wrong.

On the PS. If you think trolls who are being negative to get a reaction is good coverage then go ahead and feel that way.

I will say this you to instead of being passive about it. Your opinions are no better than mine. I don’t care if you think differently as that is called diversity of thought. Difference between this and paid coverage is you or I are not paid for opinions/coverage.

Dino deserves criticism for mistakes this year I don’t think he is perfect. I think he is the man for the job and thus has my support.
I don't have to criticize you by name. You are one of many that think they are superior to others doing their jobs. Oh, and opinions can vary. But that doesn't mean they are all the same. Some are well thought out and the product of knowledge and experience. Some are not. Take the opinion on JB for example. I will accept his opinion over your opinion on what makes a good offense in today's college basketball and for Syracuse in particular. Quite frankly, that is an easy call for me. Now, if someone wanted to know about patent law, one would have to be an idiot to listen to JB over you.

I don't have to criticize you by name. You are one of many that think they are superior to others doing their jobs. Oh, and opinions can vary. But that doesn't mean they are all the same. Some are well thought out and the product of knowledge and experience. Some are not. Take the opinion on JB for example. I will accept his opinion over your opinion on what makes a good offense in today's college basketball and for Syracuse in particular. Quite frankly, that is an easy call for me. Now, if someone wanted to know about patent law, one would have to be an idiot to listen to JB over you.
I never think my opinion is superior just because I am loud doesn’t mean I think my opinion is better.
I just have stronger feelings in what I believe that is the misconception.

My generation of millennials aren’t like the generations before. I concede I come off arrogant but that doesn’t mean I think I am always right.

I can take a back and forth if the other wants real debate.

I never think my opinion is superior just because I am loud doesn’t mean I think my opinion is better.
I just have stronger feelings in what I believe that is the misconception.

My generation of millennials aren’t like the generations before. I concede I come off arrogant but that doesn’t mean I think I am always right.

I can take a back and forth if the other wants real debate.
I have suggested this before to you. call JB's radio show and tell him what you think he is doing wrong on offense. The only thing I ask is that you tell me before you go on. That is one radio show I won't miss. I don't get if I'm at the final table of a million dollar tournament. Sorry guys, got to go listen to the radio. And just so you know, the P.S. football guys are not rooting against Syracuse football. Neither, by the way , was Webb. There is always a conflict between the coach, the fans and the press. 2 of those 3 , Only want positive stories. The third is tasked differently. Yeah, the paper lost a lot when they lost Rahme. No question. He was great. Hopefully in time, these guys will get to that level. I will tell you this, it took a long time for Jb to trust Waters. He still gets upset with Mike but at least he knows that Mike isn't trying to screw him. Hopefully Dino gets there with these guys.

Dino is the man for the job until he is not. Exactly how many failed seasons that would be is not up to us, but lets face facts here, no bowl in season 3, 4, whatever, at some point you have to say it is not working. I am not saying he should not still be the man today, but if he can not turn this around soon, I think he and we know what will happen. I hope to gosh he does get there and soon, I am rooting for that to happen.
I still have my doubts about his system working at the upper P5 level, we shall see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom