Dino and the media | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Dino and the media

He shut them out. And like the jerkoff he was, he wouldn't tell him why or meet with him.
Dino should shut them out.
The football media at .com suck.

Their twitter crap is annoying and their coverage sucks.

Football coverage is not even close to basketball since Rahme is gone.

He shut them out. And like the jerkoff he was, he wouldn't tell him why or meet with him.

If he did I don’t know what to tell you, but I do know the relationship there is tenuous at best.

Honestly I think the sports media in the country is going to see the same issues as the political media in the country. Not everyone believes them at face value.

Dino should shut them out.
The football media at .com suck.

Their twitter crap is annoying and their coverage sucks.

Football coverage is not even close to basketball since Rahme is gone.
If I was the publisher and he tried to do something like that, fine. We will use the A.P. story. Also, I call Kent and tell him, don't call us for ANYTHING. Got tickets to sell? Not our problem. Got any Letterman of Distinction awards you want out. Don't call us. I would teach the football coach how hardball is played. He is a good football coach. But he makes mistakes. And he made one yesterday. Made a lot of them the last two weeks coaching his team. 40-5 in the second half. I also heard that he walked that back today. That would be smart.

If he did I don’t know what to tell you, but I do know the relationship there is tenuous at best.

Honestly I think the sports media in the country is going to see the same issues as the political media in the country. Not everyone believes them at face value.
Well fans are free to believe who they want. Marrone doesn't have a lot of credibility with the way he treated people both at Syracuse and with the Bills. He has a boss in Jacksonville that will not let him act like a jerk.

If I was the publisher and he tried to do something like that, fine. We will use the A.P. story. Also, I call Kent and tell him, don't call us for ANYTHING. Got tickets to sell? Not our problem. Got any Letterman of Distinction awards you want out. Don't call us. I would teach the football coach how hardball is played. He is a good football coach. But he makes mistakes. And he made one yesterday. Made a lot of them the last two weeks coaching his team. 40-5 in the second half. I also heard that he walked that back today. That would be smart.
The PS needs SU more than SU needs the PS.

If I were Syverrud I would say good day.

lol that might be the funniest thing I have ever heard. And I'm not kidding. The PS doesn't need S.U. Every school thinks they are more important than they are. Oh, and maybe we will have our cartoonist have a lot of fun with your coach and his football team.

Please tell me how the P.S. needs Syracuse University?

Please tell me how the P.S. needs Syracuse University?
What is the top job provider in the city of Syracuse?
The answer would be the university.

Newspapers are dying. Internet news Would fill PS void in a minute. Local news would fill the other void.

The PS does very little to benefit Syracuse University.

This isn’t the 1980s anymore. Newspapers relevance is less and less by the month.

Well fans are free to believe who they want. Marrone doesn't have a lot of credibility with the way he treated people both at Syracuse and with the Bills. He has a boss in Jacksonville that will not let him act like a jerk.

Not sure why you’re taking this so personally. Nobody is saying anything bad about Waters.

Reporters can be bad at their job too just like any other profession.

What is the top job provider in the city of Syracuse?
The answer would be the university.

Newspapers are dying. Internet news Would fill PS void in a minute. Local news would fill the other void.

The PS does very little to benefit Syracuse University.

This isn’t the 1980s anymore. Newspapers relevance is less and less by the month.
The Post standard is in now way different than the Springfield Union. They are both Newhouse papers. The Union manages without Syracuse University. never pick a fight with a guy that buys his ink in 1,000,000 vats of ink. It's business 101. Syracuse University and little Dino Babers can't win that fight.

Not sure why you’re taking this so personally. Nobody is saying anything bad about Waters.

Reporters can be bad at their job too just like any other profession.
You can say something bad about Waters. He is my friend. But he can take care of himself. Marrone was way out of line with regards to Webb. He was a Bully and a coward. Two bad things to be. Dino hasn't reached that line and I don't believe he will. But he was wrong yesterday. His fan boys can't or won't admit that. Doesn't change the reality. My advice to Babers is to coach his team and leave blaming the community or the media out of it. And not for nothing, the Post standard is rooting for him to be successful. Even the one that everyone here loves to hate.

Not for nothing, but the Post is never going to shut the door on Syracuse, not even just Syracuse Football. It represents too large a portion of their consumer base. Never.

I get it Dasher, you're defending something close to you, but, you're also exaggerating the gravity of this "little" Dino Babers situation.

And yes, Marrone has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Not for nothing, but the Post is never going to shut the door on Syracuse, not even just Syracuse Football. It represents too large a portion of their consumer base. Never.

I get it Dasher, you're defending something close to you, but, you're also exaggerating the gravity of this "little" Dino Babers situation.

And yes, Marrone has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.
I'm not exaggerating anything. Others said shut them out. Dino isn't going to do anything that stupid. But if he did, I responded as to how I would respond if I was the publisher.

Bees why? This guy provides hope. We can all see the progress. Why do some want him gone?
At this juncture nobody wants him gone, but I think everyone is frustrated with the continual lack or perceived lack of progress.
I hope he gets this at least somewhat turned by next year, if not then the questions are really going to start coming. Babers must know this too.
My biggest worry is that his system may not translate into wins at this level of football, his previous success has been at lower level schools, and I think that may make a world of difference( I hope I am wrong).
I am concerned that we lose a lot at LB, but am heartened by better recruiting. The big question is can he get us to a bowl by next year?

At this juncture nobody wants him gone, but I think everyone is frustrated with the continual lack or perceived lack of progress.
I hope he gets this at least somewhat turned by next year, if not then the questions are really going to start coming. Babers must know this too.
My biggest worry is that his system may not translate into wins at this level of football, his previous success has been at lower level schools, and I think that may make a world of difference( I hope I am wrong).
I am concerned that we lose a lot at LB, but am heartened by better recruiting. The big question is can he get us to a bowl by next year?
He better. the schedule lets up a bit. It is year 3. He better get at least 6-6.

If only there was a way for you to avoid this thread.
I mean, I came here to see whether people accepted his apology. I guess I missed the part where he poisoned your goldfish and continued an ancient grudge between your families.

I mean, I came here to see whether people accepted his apology. I guess I missed the part where he poisoned your goldfish and continued an ancient grudge between your families.
You don't accept a apology from a guy that poisons your goldfish. What kind of dick does that? there was however, no ancient grudge.

You can say something bad about Waters. He is my friend. But he can take care of himself. Marrone was way out of line with regards to Webb. He was a Bully and a coward. Two bad things to be. Dino hasn't reached that line and I don't believe he will. But he was wrong yesterday. His fan boys can't or won't admit that. Doesn't change the reality. My advice to Babers is to coach his team and leave blaming the community or the media out of it. And not for nothing, the Post standard is rooting for him to be successful. Even the one that everyone here loves to hate.

HE DIDNT BLAME THE COMMUNITY OR THE MEDIA

Fake news, lol

"The football family, when it's not gameday, it's the people that are inside the building: the custodians, the administrators, the ones who are around all the time, and we have to do a better job of handling success," Babers said.

The custodians have to handle success better?

upload_2017-11-22_10-43-55.png

"The football family, when it's not gameday, it's the people that are inside the building: the custodians, the administrators, the ones who are around all the time, and we have to do a better job of handling success," Babers said.

View attachment 115807

Who knows? Maybe a win went to his head and the toilets are a mess lol

View attachment 115807

I heard they got together after the Clemson game and demanded that the pee troughs be replaced by individual urinals.

That's a little arrogant if you ask me.

He better. the schedule lets up a bit. It is year 3. He better get at least 6-6.

Would be wishful thinking. There are a number of personnel issues next year that need to be addressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom