Dino Babers: Year 1 at Syracuse was 'like watching paint dry' (ESPN) | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers: Year 1 at Syracuse was 'like watching paint dry' (ESPN)

1. Man, it feels so good to have a HC who just "gets it". HCDB has already started establishing himself as a rock star. At the recent UConn game at MSG most everyone, UConn fans included, knew who he was because of the now famous "Whose house" speech.
    Here's a guy in NYC getting love from random fans everywhere- imagine what's likely to happen when we start to win? There is no bigger stage than NYC with a winning team, & notwithstanding the insecurities of some in our fanbase, a successful Cuse football program would own NYC!
    If/When HCDB gets this thing rolling, he'll have all the spotlight he needs.

Last edited:
I will add that it seems like the remaining few promises made to DFB by Coyle are being worked out. Just recognize that these outstanding issues will only help in recruiting and/or operations and are consistent with what other P5/ACC universities do to suppport their football programs. So it seems like SUAD really understands what it needs to do to ensure DFB is on equal footing with other P5 programs.

The only thing left hopefully after everything gets worked out is for the fan base to come back, fill the dome, and get this program totally back on track! Nothing better than a Dome full of fans for a SU football game!

I will add that it seems like the remaining few promises made to DFB by Coyle are being worked out. Just recognize that these outstanding issues will only help in recruiting and/or operations and are consistent with what other P5/ACC universities do to suppport their football programs. So it seems like SUAD really understands what it needs to do to ensure DFB is on equal footing with other P5 programs.

The only thing left hopefully after everything gets worked out is for the fan base to come back, fill the dome, and get this program totally back on track! Nothing better than a Dome full of fans for a SU football game!

That's good to hear. Now we just need to shore up the funding for the Dome reno. This would be huge for recruiting and help bring the fans back.

That's great news that they are giving him what he contractually/or hand shook on. That's how you build a program. The remaining to-dos honestly reside with Dino. They will fill the joint and fans will come back if the team starts winning. His points about the schedule are going to be a strike against him b/c he's playing an SEC schedule so he's def building in some moderate expectations saying that. But once we get through this moronic scheduling quagmire we should be in a position to exploit and win.

Netjets?

Babers certainly stays on message.

Not saying you're being a cynical media guy - but .. It's also possible he's being 100% real and authentic; that there is no "skeleton in his closet" or other story. I think he's a careful guy with the media, but tries very hard to be honest.

its a great piece. Dino gets it, hopefully the fans do to.

and we're going to go down to LSU next year and beat their asses.

Remember when we were all like "Whew! Canada leaving Pitt is good for us!" ... not so sure now :(

Not saying you're being a cynical media guy - but .. It's also possible he's being 100% real and authentic; that there is no "skeleton in his closet" or other story. I think he's a careful guy with the media, but tries very hard to be honest.
No cynicism here at all. Babers seriously hasn't wavered from tempo or philosophy or outlook since he got here. He believes in what he's saying. Just an observation, not really a commentary.

He certainly hasn't waivered from the statement that we'll be clicking on offense between games four and six in 2017. Honestly, no one would blame him if he backed off that statement after a really really tough first year and a brutal 2017 schedule.

I wonder if he looked at the schedule before he started making the comment about the offense clicking around games 4-6. Just looked at the schedule myself. Games 4-6 are all on the road against some of the best defenses we will see all year. Game 7 back home against wake forest could be real fun to watch.

He certainly hasn't waivered from the statement that we'll be clicking on offense between games four and six in 2017. Honestly, no one would blame him if he backed off that statement after a really really tough first year and a brutal 2017 schedule.

I love dino and am all in in him. That said, all the we were playing too slow, paint drying comments do get old. We were top 7-8 in tempo this year, what's the big deal? Also, the things clicking prediction i dont take seriously. There are too many variables to be able ro predict that. Heck, we might click from snap #1 in 2017.

What are the remaining few promises? I never did see any details of his contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom