Dino's Game 7 Press Conference | FSU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 7 Press Conference | FSU

I’m getting that sick 2019 feeling, it seems like Dino doesn’t like the hand he was dealt, on the field and maybe off of it for all we know, and him saying things like this will cause the players to toss in the towel. No matter where we end up this season, perhaps he needs to go
We’re in year 5 of Dino not acting like the guy who he first sold to us in 2016.

It’s unfortunate.

Also, regarding depth and the portal. It's about getting quality, not just a body. If he's here next year, he's going to have to hit the portal hard for quality depth for the second string. When we talk about depth, look at Greenwood getting meaningful playing time in the secondary. The loss of Ja'Had Carter means a guy like him has to fill a void. This is where NIL comes in. Those looked over studs for FCS and FBS programs are going to have their pick of the litter.

Good point. And that sort of goes to where he thinks he is great at clock management and game management. The first step in solving a problem.. right?
Right for sure!

Dino has never owned it. I dont think ive ever heard take blame. Its not a good trait
That’s one thing that really annoys me.

Honestly, I thought this was a good football team, or at least had the potential to be. I know we have huge losses and obviously don’t have the depth that i thought we had offensively. I wouldn’t have cared if we lost to Clemson and UNC. Both are really good teams, but it’s the way that we lost to both that has me very concerned. Hell, I can even chalk the Clemson game up as an off game, but the way we respond by not showing up to UNC? Once this FSU disaster is over the schedule is extremely manageable. I will withhold my judgement until then, but if it’s not better than 4-1, maybe 3-2, then there is a serious issue. Pitt better be one of those wins too.

Last edited:

Honestly, I thought this was a good football team, or at least had the potential to be. I know we have huge losses and obviously don’t have the depth that i thought we had offensively. I wouldn’t have cared if we lost to Clemson and UNC. Both are really good teams, but it’s the way that we lost to both that has me very concerned. Hell, I can even chalk the Clemson game up as an off game, but the we respond by not showing up to UNC? Once this FSU disaster is over the schedule is extremely manageable. I will withhold my judgement until then, but if it’s not better than 4-1, maybe 3-2, than there is a serious issue. Pitt better be one of those wins too.
This

After watching that press conference I have to believe we are going to get absolutely blasted this weekend.You think the North Carolina game was a beat down?Not sure if I have ever bet against the Cuse, but I just might have to make some serious easy cash and lay the points Saturday.

At the end of the day we are in the wrong conference. Said it for last 5 years. Culturally it doesn’t fit because some of those sec like schools are factories and will spend more than SU on students

I’m rooting for the ACC to destabilize because we frankly can’t survive a Clemson, NC, FSU schedule ever. It’s now multiple times we are meat grinded.

Dino recognizes it too and his mojo is gone. Our program can survive a Miami once a year or Penn st but this malaise during conference play is just soul sucking

Honestly, I thought this was a good football team, or at least had the potential to be. I know we have huge losses and obviously don’t have the depth that i thought we had offensively. I wouldn’t have cared if we lost to Clemson and UNC. Both are really good teams, but it’s the way that we lost to both that has me very concerned. Hell, I can even chalk the Clemson game up as an off game, but the way we respond by not showing up to UNC? Once this FSU disaster is over the schedule is extremely manageable. I will withhold my judgement until then, but if it’s not better than 4-1, maybe 3-2, then there is a serious issue. Pitt better be one of those wins too.
No doubt. Hold our noses and suck it up if/when we get a beatdown next week and hope for the best after that.

Must've talked to a lot of people on this board.
Too many think NIL has to be done with OPM - Other People’s Money. Grass roots fan led NIL initiatives with a deep pool of modest donors can and does make a difference. We’re not going to woo away the 5 star QB from State U and entice him to transfer to Syracuse, wouldn’t want to. But we can help foster a culture that shows our student athletes that they are appreciated and put enough money in their pockets so they can do something nice for themselves and their families. A culture that is visible to recruits as well and shows the Syracuse fan base is willing to step up.

If everyone on this forum who complains about Syracuse not doing enough and blaming Babers and Wildhack made a modest donation to SyraCRUZ or OrangeUnited we would be better positioned immediately.

Be part of the solution.

Too many think NIL has to be done with OPM - Other People’s Money. Grass roots fan led NIL initiatives with a deep pool of modest donors can and does make a difference. We’re not going to woo away the 5 star QB from State U and entice him to transfer to Syracuse, wouldn’t want to. But we can help foster a culture that shows our student athletes that they are appreciated and put enough money in their pockets so they can do something nice for themselves and their families. A culture that is visible to recruits as well and shows the Syracuse fan base is willing to step up.
This is also why the school went out and helped start a new collective where fans can actually donate. that wasn’t in place until a few weeks ago.

It would be nice getting a win to get our record to 4-18 (including a vacated win) against them since 02.

What do you consider competitive? I ask because Babers didn't say that for no reason. Mark Stoops said the same thing as well about Georgia. I mentioned in another thread that I had a conversation with a very trusted source about the NIL situation at SU and the state of their finances to support this endeavor are ugly. You can't keep depending on the Lally and Kuhn families just to name a few of the public donors. The well will run dry.
I mention because I directly see it. There’s plenty more than a few individual donors. Look on the tv and listen to the radio. It’s local businesses etc. too. Syracuse is more competitive in the NIL space than this lame duck comment from a defeated immature Dino lets on.

No we’re not even close to a school like LSU or FSU, but its been going in the right direction. Only way we get closer to them is more grassroots and rebuilding the community connection.

Comments like these from Dino serve absolutely no positive purpose for anyone but himself

Last edited:
I hope your shot is at Marrone. Those horror stories were about players that had no access to the program unless you played in Marrones era for Coach Mac.
Yes

And I could be wrong, but I do not think Gross did much in terms of effort to sway Doug's stance

Also, regarding depth and the portal. It's about getting quality, not just a body. If he's here next year, he's going to have to hit the portal hard for quality depth for the second string. When we talk about depth, look at Greenwood getting meaningful playing time in the secondary. The loss of Ja'Had Carter means a guy like him has to fill a void. This is where NIL comes in. Those looked over studs for FCS and FBS programs are going to have their pick of the litter.
That's on the coaches regarding Greenwood.

They know what they have in him, and after the game complain about lack of depth.

Maybe give one of your recruited young kids a couple plays to see how they perform on the road in a big game.

Other schools have no problem taking that approach.

If they are doing their jobs the kids they are recruiting are better than the previous kids.

Did Delaine play?

College football has to be the only place where its the middle class consumer’s fault for not buying in enough to millionaire’s bad products. Guess this, and politics.

A program’s not entitled to blind support. Im glad contributors who are above the age of 35 got to see some great times and feel undyingly loyal because of it.

Dino has to be feeling the pressure. He most likely doesn't have the comfort of a big buyout to cover him. Syracuse has plenty of support to be competitive. As we build the roster via the portal, we insulate ourselves from further attrition as kids who portal in will most likely stay. We have picked up more contributors than we have lost. We have upgraded the roster as our portal players are significantly higher rated than his HS classes have been. He needs to stay the course stay positive not put this on the administration or his players but own his own failures. He should focus on in game management and providing kids who are on the bench like Gill and Long a chance to play. I also want to see Carlos if Shrader is failing. Mix it up and give others an opportunity especially when you are getting killed. Why keep Shrader and others in as long as he did with the contest over. I stand by my statement that if he makes a bowl he stays if not he is gone. Man, up Dino, what happened to La Familia

That's on the coaches regarding Greenwood.

They know what they have in him, and after the game complain about lack of depth.

Maybe give one of your recruited young kids a couple plays to see how they perform on the road in a big game.

Other schools have no problem taking that approach.

If they are doing their jobs the kids they are recruiting are better than the previous kids.

Did Delaine play?

Play Gould or Farmer over Greenwood then. Jalil Martin? All 3 are safeties and listed 6-2 + 200. They have guys.

This was not one of Dino’s best PCs. Next Saturday looks daunting for sure and his demeanor doesn’t instill much hope. After this past week’s performance maybe Dino should ask FSu for 10 minute quarters.
Like a lot of posters said, we will know after VT.

College football has to be the only place where its the middle class consumer’s fault for not buying in enough to millionaire’s bad products. Guess this, and politics.

A program’s not entitled to blind support. Im glad contributors who are above the age of 35 got to see some great times and feel undyingly loyal because of it.
Excellent post - the school has a built in excuse that they use all the time - we need more money and more support from people outside the Athletic Department (people who for the most part have been very supportive with very little in return in terms of product on the field and appreciation off the field).

I don't have blind faith in SU, Wildhack, Dino, JB or anyone affiliated with the school- that road has been closed. They need to repair it and placing blame or pressure on me isn't going to get it paved.

Yep he hasn’t been that guy since 2018.

Well, that “3rd year, 4th game” promise of his is looooooong gone! He’s now, and has been for some time, an imposter as a P5 level coach; 19-42 after Saturday’s affair.

And, he’s plenty aware he can talk the talk, but incapable of walking the walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom