Dino's Game 7 Press Conference | FSU | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 7 Press Conference | FSU

I think this is greatly overplayed. I sit on 101 behind the SU bench. I’ve seen Dino many many times get on the refs. No he isn’t animated jumping up and down so he may not be noticed but he’s always jawing. The Clemson game I even saw him in the face of a defensive coach. He’s not just a spectator.
I have to agree with you. My seats are in 102 and saw the same thing you did. Now I will say, I went to the UNC game last week and sat behind the bench but he had a totally different vibe. He did work the refs over regarding the blocked punt return but I think for the rest of the game both Dino and the team were shell-shocked.

Of course.

The one thing I really, really, really wish Dino did was work the refs. He doesn’t have to scream, but he’s gotta do *something*.
I get it. He talks to refs but we dont know the content of those conversations. I wouldn't mind seeing more barking at them but it doesn't mean something will change. My buddy was at the UNC game. After UNC got the first down on the block punt he said Dino wouldn't leave the field until the refs came and talk to him. It didn't make a difference in that situation. You have to pick your battles and move on at some point.

I think it was WMU game earlier this season where the refs botched a few calls.

Dino literally spent the entire TV timeout ripping them up. Didn't even talk to his players or coaches.

When warranted Dino does the job. Just doesn't matter I guess when it's ACC royalty.

I have to agree with you. My seats are in 102 and saw the same thing you did. Now I will say, I went to the UNC game last week and sat behind the bench but he had a totally different vibe. He did work the refs over regarding the blocked punt return but I think for the rest of the game both Dino and the team were shell-shocked.
I also don't think it helps that in media availability leading up to the game he made UNC sound like the Kansas City Chiefs and that we didn't have a chance in the game. He doesn't instill a whole bunch of confidence and just seems defeated. I have zero issue with him no acting like a maniac during the game, but wish he didn't go into a shell. That affects the feel of the whole team. His job is to make sure the team shakes those moments off and doesn't get boat-raced.

No, we were upset about that flag because Schiano was ridiculous riding the refs, and there's absolutely no way Dino crossed a line that Schiano hadn't without a flag.
Schiano was screaming at this ref for what seemed like an entire tv timeout. Then not long after they throw a flag on Dino. It’s a complete joke how biased the officials can be.

Schiano was screaming at this ref for what seemed like an entire tv timeout. Then not long after they throw a flag on Dino. It’s a complete joke how biased the officials can be.
I remember the official just cowering as Schiano berated him. I remember when officials didn't take crap, this guy allowed that shaved gorilla to intimidate him and it affected the way the game was called.

I mentioned that in a comment, I think there’s a time and place for it. Don’t need someone yelling all the time, but I can’t recall off hand even one time that Dino got in someone’s face, even when they led the league in penalties. I think the leader has to show more emotion than just a smirk here and there, with arms folded
But do we know what he is doing in the locker room?

Less concerned with what he was saying and more concerned with his demeanor. Hope it was just a bad day and not him giving up.

I think bad calls that get reviewed and are still bad are life sucking for coaches. NIL is too.

That was a defeated man today

A man looking like he is ready to throw in the towel or was given a talk by his boss
Such a defeatest attitude. What message does it send to his players, let, alone the fans. All the while whining about attendance And the portal/NIL taking away his depth. Where was the depth the previous years? I’m tired of him and his excuses and complaints. I’m not watching the game this Saturday. Why should I?

Such a defeatest attitude. What message does it send to his players, let, alone the fans. All the while whining about attendance And the portal/NIL taking away his depth. Where was the depth the previous years? I’m tired of him and his excuses and complaints. I’m not watching the game this Saturday. Why should I?
I'll still watch the game until it gets out of hand (glutton for punishment, what can I say) but I can't argue with the rest.

Last edited:

Brent said that Dino "fumbled at the goal line".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom