Dino's Media Day Presser | 11 AM | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Media Day Presser | 11 AM

The point of the press conference is for the media to get questions answered and to get quotes/sound bites. Far more people are going to consume that on the local news or through Syracuse.com than are going to watch live or via YouTube (his Wednesday presser is up to 1,200 views).

Curious who "a lot" of people are. From a marketing standpoint, doing something to make 200 diehards 2% happier is not worth anyone's time, especially when there's no perceptible financial benefit from it. Better audio at a press conference is not going to convert a casual or actively dissuade anyone from not attending games.

This is just complaining for the sake of complaining because people have to always find something wrong.
I hear you and I agree to a point. But we’re now in an era where people would prefer not to have their information filtered by reporters, and would rather see the “raw footage”. And I think that percentage is growing rapidly.

I hear you and I agree to a point. But we’re now in an era where people would prefer not to have their information filtered by reporters, and would rather see the “raw footage”. And I think that percentage is growing rapidly.
I can’t find the live stream number (wasn’t available on the site it was hosted), but I’ve already cited the YouTube views number. I’m not sure I agree with your hypothesis for something as mundane as a Dino start the season presser. A post game of a big win BB game? That’s a different animal.

If you are going to do something, do it right. Streaming the press conference is a service for the fans. The school obviously believes that the diehards are "worth their time". Regardless of how many 'hits' it gets on You-Tube, those watching deserve to know what the question was.
I’m done with this conversation. The basis of all of your responses is essentially “but what about what I and therefore everyone else want?”

I can’t find the live stream number (wasn’t available on the site it was hosted), but I’ve already cited the YouTube views number. I’m not sure I agree with your hypothesis for something as mundane as a Dino start the season presser. A post game of a big win BB game? That’s a different animal.

If you can do it post game Clemson, you can do it post practice. It’s simply making it SOP. If post practice is outside, I get it. But all pressers in your set up, should be consistent.

I’m done with this conversation. The basis of all of your responses is essentially “but what about what I and therefore everyone else want?

I’m genuinely confused why you’re steadfastly defending a crappy press conference stream. Whether you believe it matters or not, as a fan how are you fine with a subpar fan experience in anything? Watch other school’s streams, they have this stuff figured out.

I’m done with this conversation. The basis of all of your responses is essentially “but what about what I and therefore everyone else want?”

And your basis is "Not enough people are watching to make me want this to be done right." Then why do it at all? Was it Ok to get Roosevelt Bouie's name wrong because spelling it right wouldn't "move the needle"?

The people watching would like to hear the question. 100% of them, I would think. You really think I'm the only one?

I agree we've come to an impasse and it's time to move on.

I’m genuinely confused why you’re steadfastly defending a crappy press conference stream. Whether you believe it matters or not, as a fan how are you fine with a subpar fan experience in anything? Watch other school’s streams, they have this stuff figured out.
There it is. “We’re not as good as other schools.”

That’s all this is.

And your basis is "Not enough people are watching to make me want this to be done right." Then why do it at all? Was it Ok to get Roosevelt Bouie's name wrong because spelling it right wouldn't "move the needle"?

The people watching would like to hear the question. 100% of them, I would think. You really think I'm the only one?

I agree we've come to an impasse and it's time to move on.
I think life is too short to care about these stupid little things, and no one outside of the Syracuse fanbase notices or remembers for more than two seconds. So why just get mad at ourselves?

I think life is too short to care about these stupid little things, and no one outside of the Syracuse fanbase notices or remembers for more than two seconds. So why just get mad at ourselves?
Because its indicative of a lack of professionalism. This is Syracuse University. One of the leading communications and media schools in the world.
It matters.

Because its indicative of a lack of professionalism. This is Syracuse University. One of the leading communications and media schools in the world.
It matters.
And yet no one outside of this board or Syracuse Twitter notices or cares. So it really doesn’t matter.

People complain when they can’t hear the questions, but complain the questions aren’t hard hitting enough. Then they complain Dino doesn’t say anything in his answers anyway. So why do press conferences even matter?

I shake my head at a University, or business, news station that can't get video/audio quality up to par when you see teenagers on Twitch, YouTube, Kick etc. that seems to have no problem setting up everything and doing it ina daily basis. No excuse this day and age when everything is available to get it done right.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom