Dion's in a Good Place | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dion's in a Good Place

I can see it with my own eyes on the court. It really doesn't matter what JR Smith or Chris Bosh say to the MEDIA, who can't handle the truth no matter how you put it.

Lebron tried mentoring Kyrie and Dion for a month or so and then gave up and now wants out. You know that week off he took in Miami to "rehab", I have friends who saw him on a yacht in Fort Lauderdale (I live in Miami). That dude gave up the second the going got tough in Cleveland. He took all the props for going back, talked about how tough he needs to work, shoots a couple motivational commercials and then quits the moment things don't go his way. That's no leader. That sounds like a guy who likes to think of himself as a leader but doesn't want to put in the work.

this is gonna get good. :cool:

this is gonna get good. :cool:
No arguing with that. LeBron's given up, so says eman77ster. He knows people who saw LeBron on a yacht in Florida. I'm outta my league. BTW, Dion 1-9 tonight, was on bench at end of game. Let the countdown begin till when he takes a swing at his main rival for playing time, Reggie Jackson.

No arguing with that. LeBron's given up, so says eman77ster. He knows people who saw LeBron on a yacht in Florida. I'm outta my league.

Your arguments are a couple media friendly quotes from JR Smith and Chris Bosh. Don't know why you're playing holier-than-thou right now. At least I'm not a chump falling for a couple media quotes.

No arguing with that. LeBron's given up, so says eman77ster. He knows people who saw LeBron on a yacht in Florida. I'm outta my league. BTW, Dion 1-9 tonight, was on bench at end of game. Let the countdown begin till when he takes a swing at his main rival for playing time, Reggie Jackson.
Cleveland is a joke in terms of chemistry and developing young players. Dion was the worst possible fit for that team. Yea, he had an off game tonight but has played great for OKC since the trade and more importantly has helped OKC look like a legit contender again.

I'm not here to hate on Lebron but I have to stick up for Dion. He got a raw deal being asked to be James Jones in Cleveland while Lebron and Kyrie dribble around in circles for hours.

Cleveland is a joke in terms of chemistry and developing young players. Dion was the worst possible fit for that team. Yea, he had an off game tonight but has played great for OKC since the trade and more importantly has helped OKC look like a legit contender again.

I'm not here to hate on Lebron but I have to stick up for Dion. He got a raw deal being asked to be James Jones in Cleveland while Lebron and Kyrie dribble around in circles for hours.

He wasn't asked to be James Jones, he handled the rock plenty. He's playing the same role in OKC he played in Cleveland. He had some good games (like he's had for OKC) and some bad games (like he's had in OKC).

I was THRILLED for Dion when LBJ said he was going back to Cleveland. LeBron talked up Dion, had his back. Maybe Dion was part of the Cavs' chemistry issue. Have you seen them since LeBron came back, Mozgov arrived and Dion left? Chemistry's coming along, and maybe it's improved since Dion left. He didn't feel loved because he felt he should be of the roost and felt Kyrie got too much love. Kyrie's at a whole 'nother level.

Is this James Jones?

I know James is the best player, leader, person, etc. but I must say I think for Dions sake it's better he's no longer in Cleveland, no matter what happened to that team he would be the scapegoat whether it was bad play or chemistry issues he would be the guy to blame. Also he might be getting the ball slightly less in OKC, but he's getting a lot more freedom which is helping him get going in games, save tonight's performance.

I know James is the best player, leader, person, etc. but I must say I think for Dions sake it's better he's no longer in Cleveland, no matter what happened to that team he would be the scapegoat whether it was bad play or chemistry issues he would be the guy to blame. Also he might be getting the ball slightly less in OKC, but he's getting a lot more freedom which is helping him get going in games, save tonight's performance.
I really don't think he'd be the scapegoat. Blatt's taken most of the shots. Good for Dion if this works out for him, but I'd be shocked if he's still with OKC in two years.

Last edited:
I really don't think he'd be the scapegoat. Blatt's taken most of the shots. But good for Dion if this works out for him, but I'd be shocked if he's still with OKC in two years.
Hopefully for his sake he is since they'll probably be losing Jackson so someone needs to be a scorer off the bench for them.

OrangeDW said:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...r-they-give-me-the-ball-like-i-touch-the-ball Waiters doesn't hesitate to disclose the difference between his experience in Cleveland and Oklahoma City. After a 16-point performance Sunday at Orlando in which he made seven of nine shots, Waiters was asked what he's learned so far about where his shots will come from and how he fit into the offense. He chuckled. “Listen,” he said, “they give me the ball. Like, I touch the ball. Like, I actually, like, you know, touch the ball.” It was the second time in less than a week that Waiters trumpeted the freedom the Thunder has given him. “I'm able to feel the game out, knowing when to take the shot, when not to,” Waiters said. “Like I said, we got a great group of guys on this team who's very unselfish and they want you to be successful. So I think I came into a great situation.”

I, I, I,...me, me, me...they. And what's missing: "We".

That's Dion (who I like for a lot of reasons) in a nutshell. When asked the difference between CLE and OKC, he opted to answer about himself. Not how WE move the ball better. Not how the offense flows better. Not the nucleus of this team has been together longer. I get mine. That was his answer.

WTH more does anyone need to know?

44cuse

Not a good fit: agree. Raw deal: don't get it. LeBron and Kyrie are arguably 2 of the best 15 players in the league right now. I love Dion, but game on the line I'd rather have the ball in LeBron or Kyrie's hands.

I think the Thunder just have different expectations for Dion than Cleveland did, so despite the fact that he's giving them basically the same production he gave Cleveland, he'll be happier in OKC and they'll be happier with him than Cleveland was.

Ive watched a bunch of OKC's games and the touches he gets in OKC are different than the ones he got in Cleveland. Yea he still does the stand in the corner while Westbrook/Durant do there thing, and rightfully so but he also gets the ball up top, runs pick and roll and is on a more iso-centric team. Cleveland iso'd in the sense that LBJ/Kyrie iso and everyone watched. OKC iso's in the sense that anyone with scoring ability is allowed to iso ie. Durant-Westbrook-Dion-Jackson. For whatever reason, Dion's defense has also been tremendous in OKC.

The trade was a rare one in that it works out well for everyone. OKC gets a scorer who seems to fit in with what they do. NY gets cap space and Cleveland gets a better shooter in JR Smith, and wing defender in Shump (even though I think he is way overhyped) and flipped some picks for a solid Center in Mozgov. Win-Win-Win.

Not a good fit: agree. Raw deal: don't get it. LeBron and Kyrie are arguably 2 of the best 15 players in the league right now. I love Dion, but game on the line I'd rather have the ball in LeBron or Kyrie's hands.

No question and no brainer. It's also asinine if the OP was suggesting to trade Irving to keep Waiters. No GM or coach in the world except those role-playing on this board would do that.

Ive watched a bunch of OKC's games and the touches he gets in OKC are different than the ones he got in Cleveland. Yea he still does the stand in the corner while Westbrook/Durant do there thing, and rightfully so but he also gets the ball up top, runs pick and roll and is on a more iso-centric team. Cleveland iso'd in the sense that LBJ/Kyrie iso and everyone watched. OKC iso's in the sense that anyone with scoring ability is allowed to iso ie. Durant-Westbrook-Dion-Jackson. For whatever reason, Dion's defense has also been tremendous in OKC.

The trade was a rare one in that it works out well for everyone. OKC gets a scorer who seems to fit in with what they do. NY gets cap space and Cleveland gets a better shooter in JR Smith, and wing defender in Shump (even though I think he is way overhyped) and flipped some picks for a solid Center in Mozgov. Win-Win-Win.
He was playing good d toward the end of his Cleveland run. He became more active, seemed to get it.

I don't follow the NBA anymore. So when I saw the title of this thread, I thought he died!

this post made me re-think the title in a whole new way.

I got a nice chuckle out of it.

You're right. LeBron's no leader. He's a docile, reserved sheep. a follower. http://nypost.com/2015/01/20/j-r-smith-lebron-a-more-hands-on-leader-than-carmelo/

Maybe Melo knew it was hopeless to even bother with JR. This still cracks me up.

jrsmith.gif

You have to love Dion. Not sure he'll ever change, but he sure thinks he's one of the best players in the NBA. Maybe equally amazing that John Wall actually refused to commit to stopping the drive here.

B77QHZEIcAIuL76.jpg

if you were watching last night, dion was still doing that call for the ball crap at the end of the game. durant and westbrook both refused the overture.

if you were watching last night, dion was still doing that call for the ball crap at the end of the game. durant and westbrook both refused the overture.
He was standing there in scoring position? Hands out, ready for a pass or alerting them he's open.. What do you want him to do? Hands on his sides facing the crowd?

He was standing there in scoring position? Hands out, ready for a pass or alerting them he's open.. What do you want him to do? Hands on his sides facing the crowd?

fair point. but hes not getting the ball in those situations in okc either. in cleveland, he was upset with his touches. i dont think thats going to change in okc.

I sense tension between him and Westbrook already. Two guys who always want the ball. It wouldn't be a bad idea for Dion to become the "little brother" to those two guys, and just watch and learn how to win a close game (like Westbrook and Durant did last night). What frustrates me about Dion is he always acts too cool for school on the court. Stop putting on a face and just play basketball. Stop trying to swag all 60 minutes. That's got to be maturity. Westbrook and Durant don't do that and hopefully that rubs off on Dion. You can't worry about how cool you look and play great at the same time. Otherwise you just become Dwight Howard, and nobody likes Dwight Howard.

Dion was on the floor at the end of regulation and all of overtime. That's a great sign. He's been putting in good effort on D.

You have to love Dion. Not sure he'll ever change, but he sure thinks he's one of the best players in the NBA. Maybe equally amazing that John Wall actually refused to commit to stopping the drive here.

B77QHZEIcAIuL76.jpg

Was this his drive to put OKC on top early in the fourth Q? That was pretty.