Dion's in a Good Place | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dion's in a Good Place

Oh yeah, there was a lot of that. I was on the boat until about the third year. We felt Melo should've won rookie of the year but they gave it to Lebron because of the hype, which I still believe. Lebron took it to another level eventually.

This. Melo was the better player very early in thier careers (queue 'stats guy' to show that LeBron's stats were better) but LeBron was the more marketable player and in a better situation from a publicity standpoint. Lebron eventually figured out just how much bigger and faster he was than everybody else and shifted into a new gear. There's currently no defense within the rules that allows you to stop a freight train moving that fast haha.

Melo is strong, but he obviously never had the freak frame and athleticism that LeBron has. Much like Jordan, Lebron can simply 'out-athlete' everybody if things aren't going well.

Nothing like debating a ROY race from over a decade ago, but...

from a numbers POV it's pretty close. Could have gone either way. Denver won more games in the harder conference, if you wanna go there. By year 2 it was pretty much a no contest though.

To the Mods:
We should start a new forum for all SU players in the NBA and/or playing professional ball.
That way we can have one place dedicated strictly to underestimating their chances, downplaying their success, denigrating their ability, questioning their motivation/attitudes, and generally providing a one-stop shop for gleeful bashing!
JMHO. ;)

To the Mods:
We should start a new forum for all SU players in the NBA and/or playing professional ball.
That way we can have one place dedicated strictly to underestimating their chances, downplaying their success, denigrating their ability, questioning their motivation/attitudes, and generally providing a one-stop shop for gleeful bashing!
JMHO. ;)

There's only a few of these on the main board and most people have kept the Dion talk to this thread.

If you have an opinion on our former players then feel free to give it, instead of marginalizing our thoughts on the subject.

Dion is happier and the Cavs rattled off 12 wins in a row. See? It worked for everyone.

44cuse

To be fair, the Cavs initially continued a long losing streak after the trade.

And in those deals, they basically got 3 players for 1. Plus everyone knew it would take time for their main guys to mesh anyway. It would be unfair to paint it like "as soon as they got rid of Waiters they took off!", but that is what will happen.

To be fair, the Cavs initially continued a long losing streak after the trade.

And in those deals, they basically got 3 players for 1. Plus everyone knew it would take time for their main guys to mesh anyway. It would be unfair to paint it like "as soon as they got rid of Waiters they took off!", but that is what will happen.

Obviously their winning streak (which ended last night) had a lot more to do with Lebron coming back and being the old Lebron.

I'll consider this an NBA thread; did anyone see the game winner Anthony Davis had last night? my god

Andrew Sharp over at Grantland had Dion on his midseason report...ouch

Dion Waiters. I’ve accepted that he will not be good this season, or maybe ever, but watching him try will never get old. I love Waiters, so it hurts to grade him like this. And yet to truly appreciate the disappointment here, you have to remember what Waiters’s season could have been.

“I actually talked with LeBron before he made his decision,” he said this summer. “He called me and just told me to be ready. Be ready.” It was like watching a petty criminal getting made by the Godfather. Then came talk of the best backcourt in basketball, BUCKETS DNT LIE, and the beginning of a dynasty in Cleveland. But that dynasty never really got started, and Godfather LeBron cut him out of the family. Now he’s in Oklahoma City as a shoot-first, pass-never reminder of the nonexistent chemistry that makes this team so hard to trust. There’s a decent chance he’ll bounce back later in his career, but there is a better chance we’ll look back at Waiters as the guy who got opportunities to play with the two best players alive and wound up getting frozen out by both.