Dividing up the minutes. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dividing up the minutes.

With all of us knowing how Boeheim do, and also with Buddy in need of some time at the 2, I'm going to say that Jalen likely only averages in the 10-12 minutes/game range for the season.

I agree, and that's OK, because if you play 10 minutes a game, that means you probably got a couple runs on the floor of 4-5 minutes each. That's enough time to impact a game.

Andrew White is the best shooter I’ve seen at SU. I’m 40. He just made a cameo here, unfortunately. He made a horrendous offense appear somewhat respectable. I still maintain the offensive stats were misleading because we constantly needed furious rallies to get back in games because we were buried in so many of those games. Teams stop playing D when they constantly get up 15-20. But, back to White. Never seen a guy make so many tough contested shots and his stroke was real nice. He didn’t get a lot of good looks either. Just a real talent shooting the ball.

Greg Kohls was probably our all-time best shooter. Back in the old days, Dennis DuVal and Jimmy Lee weren't far behind. If there had been a 3 point line, Kohls might have averaged close to 40 points a game his senior year (when I believe he averaged around 27).

In the modern (3 point) era, for me it would be Shumpert, Southerland and Matt Roe.

I gave you a thumbs up but I think you need to add George Hicker to the list of "Back in the old days". He was better shooter than DD and JL in my opinion. Kohls and Hicker is a toss. Both had thirty foot range with no 3pt line. Kohls had a much quicker release, while Hicker could drop his one hand push shot from anywhere on the court, anywhere. Kohls played with the Washington Generals for a brief stretch showing off his extraordinary range as part of the Globe Trotters show.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom