Do the Knicks have to pay Amare for Game 3? | Syracusefan.com

Do the Knicks have to pay Amare for Game 3?

Eric15

Living Legend
Just curious, do the Knicks have the right to tell Amare, "sorry, we're not paying you for Game 3, or any subsequent games you miss due to this self-inflicted injury".

Just curious, do the Knicks have the right to tell Amare, "sorry, we're not paying you for Game 3, or any subsequent games you miss due to this self-inflicted injury".
Salary is for regular season. There is a designated share for each round, I believe

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

You really bring up two issues-but it's a good question.
1. NBA Contracts are guaranteed to the last penny(unlike NFL deals, where only number that matters is signing bonus). However, not sure how post season bonus money works. I remember reading that the NY Yankees players used to(may still) vote how to distribute the playoff cash.
2. I'm 99% sure NBA contracts can be voided for injuries sustained doing things prohibited in the contract, ie maybe skydiving, bull riding, wrestling alligators, swimming with great white sharks, getting bitten by a pet tiger, etc. HIGHLY punching a wall post game falls into that however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom