Do We Have A Orange Madness Visitor List?? | Syracusefan.com

Do We Have A Orange Madness Visitor List??

This looks to be the official add who is coming list.

Is Jones coming???

Isaiah Briscoe will be as well.

I wish to god there was some way we landed this kid! He's going to be a great college player right out of the gate IMO.

Why is Briscoe coming?
Because Ace Hood is a really good, high-profile rapper. And any kid who likes rap that would get to see him for free, from ten feet away, would be an idiot to pass that opportunity up. Also, Syracuse basketball ain't half bad, Zona is probably looking at other guards in 2015, and Pierre Jackson-Cartwright is a true PG who will have a year ahead of him.

Because Ace Hood is a really good, high-profile rapper. And any kid who likes rap that would get to see him for free, from ten feet away, would be an idiot to pass that opportunity up. Also, Syracuse basketball ain't half bad, Zona is probably looking at other guards in 2015, and Pierre Jackson-Cartwright is a true PG who will have a year ahead of him.

Bingo. That and I do really believe he would still like to come here, just pops isnt feeling us. Shame

I'm guessing that Briscoe's "group" would sign with SU in 2 seconds if he was coming into a situation like Ennis is this year. They seem to want him to be able to walk in and start at PG for a very good team. Thats easier said than done. AZ looked to be the place but they seem to offer every top 50 guard these days so there is really no garantee of that there either. I think the Briscoe team is going to have to chose between a lower level school (probably east coast good but not elite) with the playing situation they want or a higher level school with no garantee and a PG already in place. I think the knock on SU is PG is his ticket to the NBA and we could have Ennis and Joseph plus a stable of 2G's to compete with for minutes. Likely even winning the competition Briscoe would more or less be a combo guard for us because of his scoring ability. Still I hold out hope that we somehow snag him and I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that he goes some place like St. Johns or something where he can step right in and play PG.

I'm guessing that Briscoe's "group" would sign with SU in 2 seconds if he was coming into a situation like Ennis is this year. They seem to want him to be able to walk in and start at PG for a very good team. Thats easier said than done. AZ looked to be the place but they seem to offer every top 50 guard these days so there is really no garantee of that there either. I think the Briscoe team is going to have to chose between a lower level school (probably east coast good but not elite) with the playing situation they want or a higher level school with no garantee and a PG already in place. I think the knock on SU is PG is his ticket to the NBA and we could have Ennis and Joseph plus a stable of 2G's to compete with for minutes. Likely even winning the competition Briscoe would more or less be a combo guard for us because of his scoring ability. Still I hold out hope that we somehow snag him and I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that he goes some place like St. Johns or something where he can step right in and play PG.
Even at St. Johns, he would have Rysheed Jordan to contend with. It is just very difficult to find a good team that doesn't have point guards. Quite a few have vacancies from year to year, but sometimes you have to wait it out to see who leaves for the draft. That would be quite a gamble.

Even at St. Johns, he would have Rysheed Jordan to contend with. It is just very difficult to find a good team that doesn't have point guards. Quite a few have vacancies from year to year, but sometimes you have to wait it out to see who leaves for the draft. That would be quite a gamble.

Jordan is more of a combo MO but your right in general its a risk to wait and very hard to find that situation. If MCW had stayed Ennis would be the backup this year still not a bad situation either really.

Let's hear what Briscoe says after madness. If he bails at the last minute, or says "Syracuse is Syracuse" like he's been there, done that, I wouldn't set our hopes too high. If however, he says he had a great time etc, I'll start to believe again.

I wish brisoe would come to su I doubt he will though.

One thing that is becoming clear to me is that the handlers of these kids are really misjudging the value of the kid they have a lot of times.

I get that the elite of the elite, like a Wiggins for example, can basically get the situation he wants without too much trouble. But most of the other top kids really need to have better handlers to understand what, if any, leverage they have.

I don't fault Briscoe and his team for wanting to be able to play PG and step right in. I get it. But this isn't Jason Kidd. They are going to have to make concessions or reassess the options that are acceptable.

Hope it works out for him and, if the chips fall the right way, maybe he can have a mutually beneficial experience at Syracuse.

One thing that is becoming clear to me is that the handlers of these kids are really misjudging the value of the kid they have a lot of times.

I get that the elite of the elite, like a Wiggins for example, can basically get the situation he wants without too much trouble. But most of the other top kids really need to have better handlers to understand what, if any, leverage they have.

I don't fault Briscoe and his team for wanting to be able to play PG and step right in. I get it. But this isn't Jason Kidd. They are going to have to make concessions or reassess the options that are acceptable.

Hope it works out for him and, if the chips fall the right way, maybe he can have a mutually beneficial experience at Syracuse.
This.
But its the nature of the beast to pump these kids and have them thinking they're the "next LBJ, Kobe, KG,...etc". How many kids leave way too early because some "handler/enabler" whispered sweet nothings in their ear? The smarter ones usually realize they need to bide their time, but its hard to tell that to an 18-yr old who's been the focus of everyone's attention since grade school. Even those who eventually accept that reality (MCW, Dion), have a hard time adjusting. JB has set up a nice 1-2 yr apprentice system at SU, and at least these kids know where they stand before they commit. If Briscoe can accept that, cool. If not, he's better off somewhere else...unless of course he's a Melo-like talent that can dominate right away.

Let's hear what Briscoe says after madness. If he bails at the last minute, or says "Syracuse is Syracuse" like he's been there, done that, I wouldn't set our hopes too high. If however, he says he had a great time etc, I'll start to believe again.
If you are counting on our MM to sway anyone, good luck. In all my years of going, I have, for the most part, always been left wanting. The Dome is crappy place with 10K in it.

I don't know if I would put too much stock in how he comes off in an interview afterward. I have felt that some time ago - people who influence him told him to tone down the SU love. It seems to me he has followed that advice, and that he will probably continue to follow that advice.

I feel he still likes SU, but is taking the advice of people to put more factors into his decision than just where he wants to attend - the playing time, position, NBA considerations, etc.

Hope they enjoy "juggle boys"

WGIPRunning1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom