Does Roberson get back on track tonight? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does Roberson get back on track tonight?

I think many of the posts here are placing way to much stock in his demeanor, or how he appears on the bench or whatever. Roberson is not a guy who shows emotion. He is as close to a robot as we have ever had. Even less display of emotion than Ennis who was close to robot status himself.

Roberson may have totally checked out, but we have no evidence of that based on his outward behavior. When he was having a historically great day at Cameron, he looked exactly the same as he did getting "2 more rebounds than a dead guy" against Pitt.

The only thing I have seen from him (which is a wildly demonstrative on the Roberson scale) is he did throw his hands up moderately when he came back to the bench a few games ago and JB was yelling at him.

Based on Jim's PCs of late it is clear he thinks Roberson isn't playing hard and Roberson thinks he is playing hard. So there is a conflict and it has been a little bit of a downward spiral for TR. A great performance tonight would be great for his confidence and he has typically risen to the occasion and had great games against our toughest opponents.

I predict 11 rebounds tonight. 5 ORs.

His inability to play defense is the cause of his downfall. He's always out of position or losing track of players in his area.

I think many of the posts here are placing way to much stock in his demeanor, or how he appears on the bench or whatever. Roberson is not a guy who shows emotion. He is as close to a robot as we have ever had. Even less display of emotion than Ennis who was close to robot status himself.

Roberson may have totally checked out, but we have no evidence of that based on his outward behavior. When he was having a historically great day at Cameron, he looked exactly the same as he did getting "2 more rebounds than a dead guy" against Pitt.

The only thing I have seen from him (which is a wildly demonstrative on the Roberson scale) is he did throw his hands up moderately when he came back to the bench a few games ago and JB was yelling at him.

Based on Jim's PCs of late it is clear he thinks Roberson isn't playing hard and Roberson thinks he is playing hard. So there is a conflict and it has been a little bit of a downward spiral for TR. A great performance tonight would be great for his confidence and he has typically risen to the occasion and had great games against our toughest opponents.

I predict 11 rebounds tonight. 5 ORs.

I think it's his under par play that has gotten people's attention more than anything else - so his demeanor, reactions etc are now being mentioned only as a result. You are right, his demeanor may not have changed. I don't think people paid much attention. He certainly isn't the first quiet, low emotion player at SU. I remember threads on Triche, Arinze, Rak, Moten etc who all were usually low-key. We also have had threads on emotional, enthusiastic kids like Devo, Paul Harris, Dion, Dejuan etc, even coaches. It is anyone's guess if it is ever relevant.

i actually think he is mentally just not there and he continues to struggle. I hope I am wrong but his last few games do not give me any hope that his switch will all of a sudden flip

This is where I'm at as well. He's had some of his biggest/best games against bigger opponents though, so I wouldn't be shocked if he came out and ripped down 15 boards. We'll need it, with any luck he does that, Cooney hits 5 threes, G plays like his last game, and we walk away with a win.

LGO!

Ghost said:
This is where I'm at as well. He's had some of his biggest/best games against bigger opponents though, so I wouldn't be shocked if he came out and ripped down 15 boards. We'll need it, with any luck he does that, Cooney hits 5 threes, G plays like his last game, and we walk away with a win. LGO!
Eh UNC is not Duke in the size dept. Roberson seems to struggle when teams have size and they put a body on him.

Coach Boeheim is at a total loss for how to reach Tyler. He can't goad him because he can't find any emotional hot button. The only one who can get Tyler back on track is Tyler, but who knows what's going on inside his head?

Very interesting moment early in the first half (I think). Tyler got pulled along with someone else and did not take the customary seat by the coaches but squeezed into the middle of bench guys.

Proves how incredibly important he is to this teams success.
He still has an odd way about him. He had some weird plays even in this one. Is the dude hurt or something? He's always doing this weird stretching.

He still has an odd way about him. He had some weird plays even in this one. Is the dude hurt or something? He's always doing this weird stretching.

He was doing that early in the game right after he ran into the UNC wall (with no call either way). I really do think he's got a nagging injury that no one knows about or is talking about.

He was doing that early in the game right after he ran into the UNC wall (with no call either way). I really do think he's got a nagging injury that no one knows about or is talking about.
Yeah he looks gimpy or something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom