Q- | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Q-

Sure. But like Billy this is a player we will wish we gave another chance.

Hoops alone fills the hole Mintz and Taylor leave with both being the guys who took his minutes and likely the reason he acted up not starting. Less pressure on the freshmen.

Again noone cheered their teammates on harder than him this year.
It seems most of us have the same opinion, we love Q's potential and his spirit and demeanor seemed great. But, without knowing the details, so many trusted insiders having the same information, I'm glad he is going. Because, no matter how talented, a locker room cancer can take down a very talented team quickly. We have watched a lot of talent walk out that door over the years, we will be fine. Red will build a great roster that will respond to his coaching. It was frustrating this year to watch the offense just sputter. If guys aren't doing what the coaches say, then nothing works. Red is building a culture here, he needs to purge the guys that don't fit.

You have zero idea what’s gone on between Q and red so stop assuming
Actually I KNOW for a fact that Q was not disciplined in any way. I know that because Q was not disciplined in any way. Not suspended for even half a game. From February on he played less than 20 min in only 2 games. That is 100% factual. Not an assumption in any way shape or form. Is there some secret other form of discipline that I am not aware of?

Several comments about Q not attending classes for the past month. Serious question - where does this type of information come from? Not arguing whether it is true or not just curious how people have this type of information on a player. Does anyone on the board know him personally and know his whereabouts on a daily basis?

Hasn't been to a classroom in a month but has not been disciplined in any way whatsoever. Either Red is disturbingly inconsistent in his disciplinary moves or that report is an exaggeration.

..or, if the rumors are true, Q made his bed and Red decided he wasn't going to waste his time on trying to discipline a player who would be gone in a month and a half.

Actually I KNOW for a fact that Q was not disciplined in any way. I know that because Q was not disciplined in any way. Not suspended for even half a game. From February on he played less than 20 min in only 2 games. That is 100% factual. Not an assumption in any way shape or form. Is there some secret other form of discipline that I am not aware of?
Yes there is actually..

You have zero idea what’s gone on between Q and red so stop assuming
Not for anything but without concrete examples of what actually IS happening, the best we have are assumptions. The insiders have their information but when its being held from those of us who do not, we are left to assume whichever way we would like. Your matter of fact statement is more akin to telling a kid they just dont get it then actually dispelling rumors and stopping someone from holding their own opinion based on publicly available information.

Yes, it's called:

Double-secret probation.

Last edited:
This was funny when he lost his mind on the bench after Bell's 3.

How can anyone want to get rid of this guy?

The two guys who started at his positions are finished just retain him however we have to and ask him to grow up.

His situation is extremely odd. Red praises him, he is by all accounts a great teamate, Kid plays hard and tough every game. And now he is a bad egg? I dont buy that and if so why hasnt he been benched and or suspended?
As to not starting and deciding to leave or getting a bigger payment from another school that I can buy but the bad character thing doesn't add up.

Well, think about it. Q was often standing rooting on his teammates during games. Maybe that was because he had a sore bottom. Put 2 and 2 together.

"You're next, mister!"

"Yes sir..."

rfzRZN.gif

I've been here before as a Syracuse fan was crushed at the way the city and fanbase treated Devo at the end and really wanted him back for his final season. Luckily its ended up OK in time and we were good the following season but at the time it drove me insane.
what do you mean?

Was he mean mugging Red all the way back to his home like a cat that refuses to take “no” for an answer?

His situation is extremely odd. Red praises him, he is by all accounts a great teamate, Kid plays hard and tough every game. And now he is a bad egg? I dont buy that and if so why hasnt he been benched and or suspended?
As to not starting and deciding to leave or getting a bigger payment from another school that I can buy but the bad character thing doesn't add up.
I agree, but I do trust the limited information our insiders are able to provide. I don't think Q is necessarily a bad guy. I do believe that when you get multiple guys with negative attitudes together, it can change the chemistry of the team. And, a vocal guy like Q may end saying things detrimental to the building of the kind of culture that Red wants to build. To the point that he is among a group of players that must go in order for the program to grow in the right direction.

"You're next, mister!"

"Yes sir..."

rfzRZN.gif
I heard that Red's most used phrase this whole year was "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you."

Well, think about it. Q was often standing rooting on his teammates during games. Maybe that was because he had a sore bottom. Put 2 and 2 together.
As in he reduced his minutes? From February on Q averaged 24.27 mpg. Average mpg in the month of January: 20.62. 2 plus 2 equals 5. His minutes were not reduced down the stretch.

One thing I always thought watching Q is that he loves attention. Everything he does on the court is something aimed at drawing extra attention to himself. The sideline cheering, the mean mugging, the snazzy passes. He likes being noticed.

I agree, but I do trust the limited information our insiders are able to provide. I don't think Q is necessarily a bad guy. I do believe that when you get multiple guys with negative attitudes together, it can change the chemistry of the team. And, a vocal guy like Q may end saying things detrimental to the building of the kind of culture that Red wants to build. To the point that he is among a group of players that must go in order for the program to grow in the right direction.

I am going to guess that perhaps Judah not running the offense as practiced on gamedays likely set a bad tone for all involved...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom