Q- | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Q-

Not for anything but without concrete examples of what actually IS happening, the best we have are assumptions. The insiders have their information but when it’s being held from those of us who do not, we are left to assume whichever way we would like. Your matter of fact statement is more akin to telling a kid they just dont get it then actually dispelling rumors and stopping someone from holding their own opinion based on publicly available information.
You’re beyond help

If that is true then why was Q not disciplined at any point during this season??? Either these rumors surrounding Q are not true or Red put up with a heck of a lot from Q and did not discipline him in any real way. You cannot believe these rumors about Q while saying that Red put up with less nonsense than JB. You just can't. And no, not giving him a starting spot does not count as discipline.
How do you know he wasn’t

Last edited:
When will the SUAD come out with their official statement of goals and expectations for 2024-25? That way we can fully prepare for post-season scenarios.

Not for anything but without concrete examples of what actually IS happening, the best we have are assumptions. The insiders have their information but when it’s being held from those of us who do not, we are left to assume whichever way we would like. Your matter of fact statement is more akin to telling a kid they just dont get it then actually dispelling rumors and stopping someone from holding their own opinion based on publicly available information.
These kinds of posts just frustrate the board insiders who have actual information that many of us rely on, and it makes them less likely to share in the future. And you’re on here enough to know who most of them are. If you don’t believe the info, then just ignore it.

If that is true then why was Q not disciplined at any point during this season??? Either these rumors surrounding Q are not true or Red put up with a heck of a lot from Q and did not discipline him in any real way. You cannot believe these rumors about Q while saying that Red put up with less nonsense than JB. You just can't. And no, not giving him a starting spot does not count as discipline.

I'm getting kind of tired of this "Red didn't discipline him" talk, not just about Copeland, but also about others. Let's remember - Copeland never started, except maybe one half, all season. That is discipline. I need you to play a certain way if you want to start.

Judah not being disciplined? There was a game where he sat the first 8 minutes of the 1st half for internal disciplinary reasons. He also got pulled from time to time.

Benny was suspended a couple times before he was kicked off the team.

You say not starting Copeland "does not count" as discipline, but tell me, did Taylor deserve to keep starting every game, when he became afraid to shoot? Why didn't Copeland start beginning in about January? You don't think that chafed his ass? You don't think Q knew he was being disciplined?

I really don't understand a couple people here making definitive statements that Copeland didn't get punished and therefore Red doesn't treat the team fairly. There is so much most of us don't know. Maybe Cope not starting was sort of that punishment. The other possibility (of many that exist) is maybe there wasn't necessarily anything to punish him over. Maybe he just didn't respond to Red. How do you punish that? You don't. You just play that guy less and don't bring him back the following year (which appears is happening). Again, who knows.

The other thing that has been said repeatedly by a couple is how great of a teammate he was. How do you really know? Just because he was a cheerleader during games? What about all the other time (practices, between games, etc.). That said, maybe he was a great teammate. He could be that but not be in sync with the head coach. Lots of possibilities exists here. I for one support Red and will get behind what he and the coaching staff decides is best for the program moving forward.

I really don't understand a couple people here making definitive statements that Copeland didn't get punished and therefore Red doesn't treat the team fairly. There is so much most of us don't know. Maybe Cope not starting was sort of that punishment. The other possibility (of many that exist) is maybe there wasn't necessarily anything to punish him over. Maybe he just didn't respond to Red. How do you punish that? You don't. You just play that guy less and don't bring him back the following year (which appears is happening). Again, who knows.

The other thing that has been said repeatedly by a couple is how great of a teammate he was. How do you really know? Just because he was a cheerleader during games? What about all the other time (practices, between games, etc.). That said, maybe he was a great teammate. He could be that but not be in sync with the head coach. Lots of possibilities exists here. I for one support Red and will get behind what he and the coaching staff decides is best for the program moving forward.
Red gave Q compliments throughout the year.

Actually I KNOW for a fact that Q was not disciplined in any way. I know that because Q was not disciplined in any way. Not suspended for even half a game. From February on he played less than 20 min in only 2 games. That is 100% factual. Not an assumption in any way shape or form. Is there some secret other form of discipline that I am not aware of?

NOT STARTING WHEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE TOP 3 or 4 PLAYERS ON THE TEAM.

THAT IS PUNISHMENT.

HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED ON A TEAM? DIDN'T ALL THE BEST GUYS START?

Fun fact: The former dean of my department at Cuse was quietly fired for doing exactly this with a literal fraternity paddle to many students.

The principal and vice principal of my middle school used paddle the crap out kids in the 70's/early 80's... by 85, it got shut down by the district tho...

NOT STARTING WHEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE TOP 3 or 4 PLAYERS ON THE TEAM.

THAT IS PUNISHMENT.

HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED ON A TEAM? DIDN'T ALL THE BEST GUYS START?
Maliq didn’t start until McLeod went down. Surely I don’t need to bring up the several instances where we have had a guy in the starting lineup who got quickly pulled from the game while the better player came in off the bench. Come on man. That is not a good argument. Q played 24 mins a game in February/March. 28 and 31 mins in our final two games. Never got suspended for even half a game like Judah did that one time. Certainly nothing near what he did with Benny. Reds actions with Q do not line up with the reports from our insiders. I stand by that.

Dion Waiters says hold my beer

Yes, and I said in another thread that if Red wants to keep Copeland on the team for next year, but doesn't want to start him because he brings in a "true" PG, to remind Copeland that Dion was a lottery pick as 6th man and had a terrific NBA career. If their relationship is too broken for Red to sell him on that concept, and Quadir won't accept it, then there will be a parting of the ways. But it's too bad, because he is our most dynamic player. If he makes better decisions, this kid could be a star.

Yes, and I said in another thread that if Red wants to keep Copeland on the team for next year, but doesn't want to start him because he brings in a "true" PG, to remind Copeland that Dion was a lottery pick as 6th man and had a terrific NBA career. If their relationship is too broken for Red to sell him on that concept, and Quadir won't accept it, then there will be a parting of the ways. But it's too bad, because he is our most dynamic player. If he makes better decisions, this kid could be a star.
Looks like all the bridges were burned from the reports.

Looks like all the bridges were burned from the reports.

Well, that takes 2 people, I guess. Too bad. Transfers are tough, though, because they come in as mercenaries to an established team. They don't always blend in well with the guys who are hold-overs. If Q transfers anywhere, I hope he picks a Philly team.

I'm getting kind of tired of this "Red didn't discipline him" talk, not just about Copeland, but also about others. Let's remember - Copeland never started, except maybe one half, all season. That is discipline. I need you to play a certain way if you want to start.

Judah not being disciplined? There was a game where he sat the first 8 minutes of the 1st half for internal disciplinary reasons. He also got pulled from time to time.

Benny was suspended a couple times before he was kicked off the team.

You say not starting Copeland "does not count" as discipline, but tell me, did Taylor deserve to keep starting every game, when he became afraid to shoot? Why didn't Copeland start beginning in about January? You don't think that chafed his ass? You don't think Q knew he was being disciplined?
Difficult to shoot when they don't pass you the ball and you're wide open in the corner. I suspect there was more dissension on the team then we'll ever know. As an aside, with all the discussion of leaving and staying, I wonder about Gerry Mac.

Difficult to shoot when they don't pass you the ball and you're wide open in the corner. I suspect there was more dissension on the team then we'll ever know. As an aside, with all the discussion of leaving and staying, I wonder about Gerry Mac.

I'm on record as saying Gerry, if he wants to be a head coach someday, should go get a job in the MAAC or the Patriot League. He should be an attractive candidate, and he's in his 40s now. He's a good teacher (we've had great jump shooters under him), if not such a high level recruiter. If he leaves, that would give Red room for another AAU connected guy to get us good recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom