Q- | Syracusefan.com

Q-

Jake

Mod
He’s a show all by himself. He’s really entertaining, His vision is excellent and he’s very unselfish and enjoys assists as much as baskets.

A couple of interesting things from him tonight. I’m not sure if they showed it but helped a Va Tech player up from the floor during live action behind the play in the first half.

He was also the guy to try to pump up Bell after Red ripped him.

I thought his ability to split double teams with the dribble a couple of times tonight shows how good he can be. That’s a tough move and he made it look easy.

I truly expect him to get a triple-double at some point in his career, I just hope TOs aren’t one of the categories.

He’s a show all by himself. He’s really entertaining, His vision is excellent and he’s very unselfish and enjoys assists as much as baskets.

A couple of interesting things from him tonight. I’m not sure if they showed it but helped a Va Tech player up from the floor during live action behind the play in the first half.

He was also the guy to try to pump up Bell after Red ripped him.

I thought his ability to split double teams with the dribble a couple of times tonight shows how good he can be. That’s a tough move and he made it look easy.

I truly expect him to get a triple-double at some point in his career, I just hope TOs aren’t one of the categories.

They showed him helping the VT player up and even mentioned the good sportsmanship.

If anyone wants an avatar change, (or is looking for the 2nd Ave/Broadway Express)...

Q2.jpg

He’ll make a great leader next season. He and Red seem to have a great relationship, he cares about his teammates and he’s not afraid of big moments. He might get a little revved up with his decision-making but it’s nothing he can’t improve with time.

That no-look pass he bounced off JJ's face was sick. For real, JJ had no clue that thing was coming and it was a perfect bullet pass. Teammates have to keep their head on a swivel around this guy. I do love watching him play.

That no-look pass he bounced off JJ's face was sick. For real, JJ had no clue that thing was coming and it was a perfect bullet pass. Teammates have to keep their head on a swivel around this guy. I do love watching him play.
I thought that pass was a bad decision by Cope given the situation. Just run clock. Good w/ the bad though. He’s so fun to watch.

It’s pretty apparent to me over the last 10 games or so that Copeland is the heart and soul of this team. I think we’re going to get two years of him really stepping into the team leader role. Add a couple of pieces and maintain some semblance of continuity and we’re in business…

I thought that pass was a bad decision by Cope given the situation. Just run clock. Good w/ the bad though. He’s so fun to watch.
We were in the back half of the shot clock and the point is to score once you run a chunk of clock

JJ was in a position to score and Cope fed him. 100% the right play

JJ either didn’t realize he was in a position to score or that Cope could get home the ball, both those problems are JJ problems

He's by far my favorite player on this team. That doesn't mean I don't scream at him through my TV a few times a game, but that's just because I care.

This season would actually have been a bust had he not stepped up.

He is fun to watch and has improved a ton. Hopefully the next step is jump shot, perimeter D, and understanding that not every play needs to be an effort for a highlight reel. Layups and bounce passes count the same as triple clutch reverse layups and no look passes.

He followed that up with a steal on the other end (might have been Brown who initiated it but Q was right there ball hawking).

Then the next offensive possession they ran the clock all the way down and he made a beautiful pass to Brown for the easy basket.

Some of the spin o ramas without the finish, while drawing ooohs from the crowd, are ill advised. Especially when you could run some clock. But the good outweighs the bad and it’s good to have a team favorite and crowd favorite like him on your team.

We were in the back half of the shot clock and the point is to score once you run a chunk of clock

JJ was in a position to score and Cope fed him. 100% the right play

JJ either didn’t realize he was in a position to score or that Cope could get home the ball, both those problems are JJ problems
JJ was asleep at the wheel all night. Dude was cutting and wide open why would you not expect a pass? Great play, terrible anticipation from JJ

He’ll make a great leader next season. He and Red seem to have a great relationship, he cares about his teammates and he’s not afraid of big moments. He might get a little revved up with his decision-making but it’s nothing he can’t improve with time.
What's the confidence level he returns? Seems like great situation for him to do so but hard to say what $$ options are and Judah's post game comment about last dime game for a few guys seemingly refers to someone besides himself. Would be great to see JJ Q Westry Moore and Cuffe in backcourt next season.

He really needs to improve his defense, particularly on the perimeter.
His perimeter D is a lot like his overall game. He's got good and bad, but seems to be improving a bit. Last night, he knew his defender wasn't a shooter, so when their sniper had the ball and got close enough, he saw he was about to pull up and he left his man to jump the shooter and the shooter airballed. I think it was JJ he helped out?

I also noticed in the last 2 minutes, he was in tight on his guy on the perimeter, and active. You'd think that would be the norm for everyone on the team, but not always the case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom