#Domedudes | Syracusefan.com

#Domedudes

Ish88888

All American
While I realize there is an extensive dedicated thread to the Dome renovation; you have to think that Dino and company know its not gonna be a complete blow up of the dome requiring the team to play in another venue for a year or two. I truly think he wouldn't have taken the job if that was the case. How could he sell a program and even want to be part of a rebuild where the one selling point (the dome) wouldn't be in the mix. Not to mention losing some of the fan base. Word around the campfire is its a multiphase renovation of the dome over years not disturbing hoops or fb. Kudos to the administration. Go Cuse!

While I realize there is an extensive dedicated thread to the Dome renovation; you have to think that Dino and company know its not gonna be a complete blow up of the dome requiring the team to play in another venue for a year or two. I truly think he wouldn't have taken the job if that was the case. How could he sell a program and even want to be part of a rebuild where the one selling point (the dome) wouldn't be in the mix. Not to mention losing some of the fan base. Word around the campfire is its a multiphase renovation of the dome over years not disturbing hoops or fb. Kudos to the administration. Go Cuse!

Texas State University doubled the size of Bobcat Stadium in one offseason with no interruptions. I remember them practicing with the construction crews on site. This sort of thing happens all the time. I don't follow Texas A&M closely but I don't remember them having to play offsite when they renovated Kyle Field.

More than that, the #DomeDudes thing is kinda lame.

I thought the whole #DoMeDudes thing was pretty funny, though.

Texas State University doubled the size of Bobcat Stadium in one offseason with no interruptions. I remember them practicing with the construction crews on site. This sort of thing happens all the time. I don't follow Texas A&M closely but I don't remember them having to play offsite when they renovated Kyle Field.
How was the stadium constructed? Is it steel framework. I would think that would be easier/faster to modify than the dome with all it's concrete.

i dont know what youre talking about.

Dino took the job because he was told hed have at least 4 games at Giants Stadium a year for his 1st 3 years here.

renovate away...

How was the stadium constructed? Is it steel framework. I would think that would be easier/faster to modify than the dome with all it's concrete.

It was mostly concrete and they bowled in the end zone. Enormous project but they never missed one game.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 115
It was mostly concrete and they bowled in the end zone. Enormous project but they never missed one game.
Impressive. The differences may be they don't play basketball there and they don't have a roof. Ultimately it doesn't matter. The Dome needs to be renovated and if the only way to do it is to displace the teams for a season you do it. If they have a way to do it in stages where nothing is affected as someone suggested above, that's the way to go.

Gotta respectfully disagree. Dome Dudes is awesome! The word dude will never go out of style...Been using using it, and hearing it it, for 40 years straight.
DomeDudes is cool for middle age fans. For recruits I think it's pretty meh.

otisco said:
#Domedudes is horrible. It's not witty and catchy aimed toward young guys; it's overwhelmingly cheesy. It reeks of the SS era.
What does Sonny Spera have to do with this?

#Domedudes is horrible. It's neither witty nor catchy, nor otherwise well tailored toward young guys; it's overwhelmingly cheesy. It reeks of the SS era.

Aside from the fact it's a Babers staff creation of course.

I imagine we will get a new slogan for the 2017 class, that seems to be the case with recruiting. These guys needed a tag line and fast for their class. So they came up with this one. It's no coincidence that a couple weeks in OrangeIsTheNewFast became the thing they use more frequently

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom