Don't Care Who Transfers, or How Many Recruits We Lose | Syracusefan.com

Don't Care Who Transfers, or How Many Recruits We Lose

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Coyle has to act now and give himself a chance to find someone quickly as lots of teams will be looking for a new coach. Will also give him time to save the recruiting class, for whatever that's worth.

Don't be fooled by the "recruiting is improving" nonsense. We play at the ACC bottom feeder level because we recruit at the ACC bottom feeder level.

Totally agree. Fire him now before he gets someone killed. Get someone on board and as soon as their season is over make an announcement and hopefully he can piecemeal a class together.

New coach can always go the juco route. Whoever it is, have to give him a bye for his first year, maybe even two.

Coyle has to act now and give himself a chance to find someone quickly as lots of teams will be looking for a new coach. Will also give him time to save the recruiting class, for whatever that's worth.

Don't be fooled by the "recruiting is improving" nonsense. We play at the ACC bottom feeder level because we recruit at the ACC bottom feeder level.

If Coyle spends more than 10 seconds worrying about who might transfer, we have bigger problems than the HC.

The good ADs have already reached out to potential candidates, if for no other reason than to have a contingency plan in place. He does not have to wait until he fires SS (IF he fires him this year) and then move to the back of the long line of programs looking for coaches. That search is happening now...

If Coyle spends more than 10 seconds worrying about who might transfer, we have bigger problems than the HC.

The good ADs have already reached out to potential candidates, if for no other reason than to have a contingency plan in place. He does not have to wait until he fires SS (IF he fires him this year) and then move to the back of the long line of programs looking for coaches. That search is happening now...

Some saying that feelers are out. FWIW

Some saying that feelers are out. FWIW

And those "feelers" should have been out the day after he was hired. Not because he should have known how the season would unfold (although this outcome was reasonably predictable, IMO). No, Coyle should have had those feelers out from the start as a contingency. This is what effective leaders with huge contracts do.

Shafer got three years

What I meant is that Coyle should play a deaf and blind man for a year or two--the real "first" season for a new coach should be the 2nd or third year of his tenure. Kinda of like Marrone.

A poster in the game chat. Who knows if it's accurate, why I said FWIW.
I was just asking who the 'some' were. That's all.

What I meant is that Coyle should play a deaf and blind man for a year or two--the real "first" season for a new coach should be the 2nd or third year of his tenure. Kinda of like Marrone.
after the last few weeks.....I don't think so.

Sucks, but yeah, Shafer has got to go. The games are not competitive, let alone this Dungey situation. If Coyle is going to make a move, I hope he pulls the trigger soon and doesn't wait for the end of the season. There is a big enough sample size of Shafer's work, time to move on, time for a change.

And those "feelers" should have been out the day after he was hired. Not because he should have known how the season would unfold (although this outcome was reasonably predictable, IMO). No, Coyle should have had those feelers out from the start as a contingency. This is what effective leaders with huge contracts do.

All these ADs have a short list. Coyle has his.

after the last few weeks...I don't think so.

So a new guy is on the hot seat from day one? I'm not sure I understand your position.:noidea:

CuseLegacy said:

Supposedly Gross did not have one. Which says a lot if true.

Exactly. He will not be starting from ground zero if and when he starts a search. Educated guess here - he likely knew the day after he was hired if Harsin would be interested and what it would take to get him here.

I was told that Coyle had to tell the BOT his short list before he was hired.

Amen. If true - not saying it is not - this gives me hope that SU will finally get this right.