Don't Care Who Transfers, or How Many Recruits We Lose | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Don't Care Who Transfers, or How Many Recruits We Lose

It gives the kids that are committed to us more time to leave us and go elsewhere. You fire SS when you are ready to hire someone else. And boom, the new guy comes in and immediately settles the recruits down. Oh, and maybe he calls Clark back.

Took away Clark's offer because they knew he couldn't play next year. Why recruit a guy who you can't use in what is likely your last year. Just like all the shirts they've burned this year and all the ones they'll burn next year if given the chance.

Took away Clark's offer because they knew he couldn't play next year. Why recruit a guy who you can't use in what is likely your last year. Just like all the shirts they've burned this year and all the ones they'll burn next year if given the chance.
If that's why you think the offer was pulled, then, ya it would be confusing.

Exactly. He will not be starting from ground zero if and when he starts a search. Educated guess here - he likely knew the day after he was hired if Harsin would be interested and what it would take to get him here.

Harsin highly unlikely to come here, highly unlikely, and Coyle already knew this.

We're likely getting a coordinator from a P5 program.

That's who we get.

This year's hotshot coaches are going to bigger programs.

CuseLegacy said:
I was told that Coyle had to tell the BOT his short list before he was hired.

Reading this, I might need new underwear.

Then again, I might not. Why would I tell you people.

Yeah, at halftime, frustrated, I got into the drinks again.

Sooo, I'd love to hear those names.

Millhouse said:
Which is fine

If he's good, he's good.

Just bowing to the folks who want a proven head coach,.

Then again, we've never hired a proven head coach.

dasher said:
hmm. I guess their coaches could work with him. Too bad our coaches couldn't.

It was the right decision.

Coyle didn't hire Peterson.

But he did hire they guy who's currently advancing their program in a much more restrictive environment. I suspect it's that exact fact that was why he appealed to SU.
I don't believe he hired Harsin either. Think he came in right after that.

Reading this, I might need new underwear.

Then again, I might not. Why would I tell you people.

Yeah, at halftime, frustrated, I got into the drinks again.

Sooo, I'd love to hear those names.
How about McNabb? That dude can party.

jr4750 said:
I don't believe he hired Harsin either. Think he came in right after that.

No he hired Harsin.

Hey, Saban coached here many moons ago, perhaps he'd like to go full circle and finish his career here?

And yes, I'm joking.

I swear he said he didn't in an interview I heard right after he was hired. I guess I could be wrong.
http://www.broncosports.com/genrel/mark_coyle_842629.html

Mark Coyle was named Director of Athletics at Boise State University on Dec. 1, 2011.
Coyle has successfully hired five head coaches, including Jim Thomas (women's soccer), Dan Potter (men's golf), Cindy Ball (softball), Corey Ihmels (track and field / cross country) and Bryan Harsin (football).

http://www.broncosports.com/genrel/mark_coyle_842629.html

Mark Coyle was named Director of Athletics at Boise State University on Dec. 1, 2011.
Coyle has successfully hired five head coaches, including Jim Thomas (women's soccer), Dan Potter (men's golf), Cindy Ball (softball), Corey Ihmels (track and field / cross country) and Bryan Harsin (football).
Ok, I'm wrong. My bad. Glad to be wrong on this. Like that he has hired a football coach in his past

I was told that Coyle had to
nunber one shafers ethics have never come into question so why would you assume all of a sudden he would stunt the future of Syracuse over a kidding sitting out a year. You can call him a lot of things but in the end this guys is building a family and all of his family sticks together and are their for each. They never get into trouble and the graduate. You can bash shafer for on the field decisions all you want but everything off the field should make you very proud to call him coach.

Supposedly Gross did not have one. Which says a lot if true.
Something about Gross will baffle me forever. He can hire kick ass Olympic sports coaches, Bradley, fox, McIntyre, but now has failed on 2 of 3 football coaches.

Something about Gross will baffle me forever. He can hire kick ass Olympic sports coaches, Bradley, fox, McIntyre, but now has failed on 2 of 3 football coaches.

It shouldn't baffle you - it's easy to hire exceptional Olympic sports coaches when you piss away $$ by over-paying them.

A variation on Bill Clinton's first presidential campaign sums up TGD's tenure perfectly for me - "it's the football program, stupid!"

It shouldn't baffle you - it's easy to hire exceptional Olympic sports coaches when you piss away $$ by over-paying them.

A variation on Bill Clinton's first presidential campaign sums up TGD's tenure perfectly for me - "it's the football program, stupid!"
Ok but none of those coaches were big names in their sports before they came to su. They were young unknowns. He had a feel for those hires that he did not have in football. Granted they are on a smaller scale, but each have taken their teams to the top. In the case of x country and soccer for the first time ever in school history.

Ok, I'm wrong. My bad. Glad to be wrong on this. Like that he has hired a football coach in his past

Harsin is a Boise alum. He played football for Boise. Harsin was Petersen’s offensive coordinator for five of his eight seasons as head coach (2006-10). He inherited a winning program from Petersen. Maybe it was his dream job. ;)