Dont ever mess with Chewy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dont ever mess with Chewy

The development of Chukwu and Howard from uncertain contributors to major factors has saved this season from becoming a total disaster.

Very true. Works in progress still for sure but very true.

True. I guess we shouldn't have really judged him last year. He simply played too few minutes to evaluate him properly.

He has vastly improved from his play from early last season.
I tried to tell people that the 4 games he played last year (when he wasn’t injured) was too small a sample size to judge him.

Chukwu could see fine last year before he injured his eye. And he looked nothing like the player we're seeing now.

Your incessant speculation and innuendo about Sidibe's condition and the team medical staff is tiring.
He injured his eye in like the 3rd or 4th game.

I find this thread funny.

While yes I wouldn't get carried away, I would think even you would be somewhat encouraged by how he played last night?

He's still inconsistent and has a lot of work to do, but I would just say he's a heck of a lot better than what I expected going into the season which was basically terrified if we ever got into a situation where he would need to play extended minutes.

Actually when it comes to specific medical issues it isn't the players decision. Just ask our QB. To be fair im sure that in Sids case it was his call and unfortunately if that is the case Sid made a bad call. As to our medical staff i remain underwhelmed and will for reasons beyond Sid. Suffice to say we can be better.

I've been meaning to ask you. What are your thoughts on narcissistic personality disorder?

I've been meaning to ask you. What are your thoughts on narcissistic personality disorder?
Very tough to break. Now back to our medical staff...

Now, this is slightly off-topic but Majur Majak is now shown as a 100% Syracuse lean by Crystal Ball.

Wondering if Montgomery and Majak are projected as Syracuse Possibilities because of a Syracuse perceived need for a big man in the eventuality that Pascal Chukwu leaves after this year.
Where is Chukwu going? Unless he graduates (which is certainly a possibility, as this year is his 4th in college), he isn't declaring for the draft.

Very tough to break. Now back to our medical staff...

Apparently it is. That's my official diagnosis for you. I'll be sure to remind you anytime you go outside your lane and we'll see how quickly that gets old.

Where is Chukwu going? Unless he graduates (which is certainly a possibility, as this year is his 4th in college), he isn't declaring for the draft.

Why not? It's what all the kids that play 35+ minutes a game for us do these days. If Moyer's injury is significant, I'm beginning to think we may have 5 guys leaving early.

Saw him at Benjamin’s in Armory.

Dude’s tall, believe it or not.

Why not? It's what all the kids that play 35+ minutes a game for us do these days. If Moyer's injury is significant, I'm beginning to think we may have 5 guys leaving early.

I guess the easy answer is hes not on any nba radar.

Sid DID NOT want to redshirt.

End of story.
Isn't redshirting a result, not an irreversible decision? If he didn't play in the requisite number of games, he is granted an extra year. If he plays too many, he can't get it.

Apparently it is. That's my official diagnosis for you. I'll be sure to remind you anytime you go outside your lane and we'll see how quickly that gets old.
Thanks MS being narcissisticly disabled it will never get old. If this keeps up some might begin to consider us co-dependent like TT and his Mom.

Chewy has really improved not only from last year, but from the beginning of this year. Good coaching, but obviously a willing student.
We'll get a better look at how far he's progressed when he goes against Lammers.

Isn't redshirting a result, not an irreversible decision? If he didn't play in the requisite number of games, he is granted an extra year. If he plays too many, he can't get it.

NO.
Not only can you not play in more than a certain % of games, you also cannot play beyond a certain point in the season.

And you also have to have a diagnosed injury that caused you to miss games, not just the coach saying you have a boo-boo and can't go anymore.

Sid apparently did NOT want to RS.
And since he's now played in too many games for it to be an option any longer, that is now an irreversible decision.

He can certainly declare for the draft ... that doesn't mean that he gets a job in the NBA and that's not the only way to get paid to play basketball. Personally, I don't think he's going anywhere, but lots of kids leave programs for all sorts of reasons.

While yes I wouldn't get carried away, I would think even you would be somewhat encouraged by how he played last night?

He's still inconsistent and has a lot of work to do, but I would just say he's a heck of a lot better than what I expected going into the season which was basically terrified if we ever got into a situation where he would need to play extended minutes.

Completely fair assessment. I cringe when I see people, including ones I highly respect, seemingly equating his improvement with Frank's improvement.

I'm glad he's progressing, but it's hard for me to forget that this is his 4th year of college. This isn't a sophomore we are talking about. I'm not going to get all excited because he was finally able to catch a ball and dunk all in the same play.

Then again, I was running around a bit during the game last night and may have missed a few other plays.

Just saw in the highlights that he was able to convert on an alley oop from Frank as well last night. That's definite progress as well.

People are crazy. Why would Chewy leave? He’s just starting to come into his own and figure things out. He will be even more improved (and hopefully stronger) next season.

Completely fair assessment. I cringe when I see people, including ones I highly respect, seemingly equating his improvement with Frank's improvement.

I'm glad he's progressing, but it's hard for me to forget that this is his 4th year of college. This isn't a sophomore we are talking about. I'm not going to get all excited because he was finally able to catch a ball and dunk all in the same play.

Then again, I was running around a bit during the game last night and may have missed a few other plays.
Both Howard and Chukwu have improved tremendously after playing sparingly before this season, and I'm just happy it happened.

Both Howard and Chukwu have improved tremendously after playing sparingly before this season, and I'm just happy it happened.
At dissimilar rates. But your point is valid.

People are crazy. Why would Chewy leave? He’s just starting to come into his own and figure things out. He will be even more improved (and hopefully stronger) next season.
Why would anyone do anything. Because people are free to make choices.

The only person I 100% expect back from one season to the next is Boeheim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom