Don't forget, this is a rebuilding year!!! | Syracusefan.com

Don't forget, this is a rebuilding year!!!

Antz201

Scout Team
Bang, isn't it funny how this is now our worst team In years? If this is how we rebuild, sign me up. I can see us being ranked pre season #1 next year. We have lost so many to the draft etc the the past years, feels like we lose 3 or 4 key players every year, but we still stay on top. No wonder JB doesn't want to retire, as he knows he will win another one within 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about #1 next year but you have to like the fact that JB has kept us in the conversation year after year after year with not end in sight.

Who's better? Kentucky and their freshman? DC, junior Rakem, Grant, Ennis, gbible, senior fair, this team will be loaded... Never mind the other freshmen players.

Who's better? Kentucky and their freshman? DC, junior Rakem, Grant, Ennis, gbible, senior fair, this team will be loaded... Never mind the other freshmen players.

We may finally get that Championship matchup we should have had last year. We're on a good ride right now, that's for sure. Enjoy it, my friends.

If MCW comes back we have a chance to be #2 in the preseason. UK will always be #1 until proven otherwise with the classes they bring in. Without MCW and losing BT and JS, we will have huge question marks at guard and no shooters. I'll guess we'll be around 20th in the polls to start. Lots of upside and I am expecting Silent G to be an impact player. He was the best player on the court at Midnight Madness, don't forget.

Thing is, I didn't know it was a rebuilding year until we started losing games in chunks. Wasn't the consensus that it was supposed to be a reloading year with little if any drop-off?

Edit: I realize we lost an awful lot but the expectations for the guys filling the gaps were sky-high.

You had me at Gbible.

Thing is, I didn't know it was a rebuilding year until we started losing games in chunks. Wasn't the consensus that it was supposed to be a reloading year with little if any drop-off?
True but when your guys coming off the bench are freshmen, it makes it tough... Cooney, grant and DC are basically freshmen, and even MCW is learning on the job. Remember Chris Joseph and Fair as freshmen? You can see how nervous some of these guys look out there. I just don't think we are deep with experience when half the team is freshmen or redshirt freshmen. We just have lost so much talent the last three years that every year feels like a rebuild...

Wait...teams are still planning on playing next year? I thought they already crowned Kentucky champions.

If MCW doesn't come back (not expecting him to), I'd be surprised if we're in the top 10 preseason.

Guard play is going to be bad next year. Cooney and a freshman (not to take anything from what Ennis may be one day).

Why are people pretending like Gbible is a guard? Wasn't he recruited to Duke as a 3?...

Guard play is going to be bad next year. Cooney and a freshman (not to take anything from what Ennis may be one day).

Why are people pretending like Gbible is a guard? Wasn't he recruited to Duke as a 3?...

Mike G will be playing guard for us. We are well stocked at forward and in need of guards with experience. He's been practicing for the entire year at guard. And he will be good. Potentially great with his size at the top of the zone.

Rebuilding implies that we relied on newcomers this year, which is not really the case.

I'm glad you enjoyed this rebuilding year because next year will be another one.
I think this is true. A decent year in store but with the departure of MCW it will be a reloader, kind of like this year.

Our real targeted teams are the '14-'15 + '15-'16 years. Ennis, our pg, won't be a frosh. DC2 will finally give us back our post game. We will have a couple of seasoned outside options - Cooney, BJ, MG. We will lose CJ but we have a slew of athletic forwards coming through - Grant, Roberson, and McCollough. On paper those teams should have the missing piece that this team doesn't have -the post game.

Mike G will be playing guard for us. We are well stocked at forward and in need of guards with experience. He's been practicing for the entire year at guard. And he will be good. Potentially great with his size at the top of the zone.

In this tape, (against high school competition), he shows about every skill you'd want to see:
I think he'll be an "Alice's Restaurant" kind of player: you can get anything you want. He might be that back-up point guard we've been looking for. (Imagine if we had both him and MCW in the backcourt!)

I think he'll be an "Alice's Restaurant" kind of player: you can get anything you want. He might be that back-up point guard we've been looking for. (Imagine if we had both him and MCW in the backcourt!)

For the younger crowd:

No wonder JB doesn't want to retire, as he knows he will win another one within 5 years.
that's what they've been saying for the last 4 years . . .

Bang, isn't it funny how this is now our worst team In years? If this is how we rebuild, sign me up. I can see us being ranked pre season #1 next year. We have lost so many to the draft etc the the past years, feels like we lose 3 or 4 key players every year, but we still stay on top. No wonder JB doesn't want to retire, as he knows he will win another one within 5 years.

Funny thing is that last year at this time almost everybody said "and we'll be enven better next year!" DC2 was suppose to be a stud that got 8 to 10 ppg and 8-12 rpg. MCW was goint to lead, Bradon was getting 14-16 a night. Cooney upward to 10. Xams was going to be the PF he was suppose to be last year. How did that all work out? Any time you lose 3 starters to be replaced by relative unkowns its tricky to say ANYTHING. More likely like SWC says, another rebuilding year. Top 25 probably.

Funny thing is that last year at this time almost everybody said "and we'll be enven better next year!" DC2 was suppose to be a stud that got 8 to 10 ppg and 8-12 rpg. MCW was goint to lead, Bradon was getting 14-16 a night. Cooney upward to 10. Xams was going to be the PF he was suppose to be last year. How did that all work out? Any time you lose 3 starters to be replaced by relative unkowns its tricky to say ANYTHING. More likely like SWC says, another rebuilding year. Top 25 probably.
I think next year will certainly be more of a "rebuilding year"...and then the NEXT year we will be ready to make a run for the title with a sophomore Ennis, junior Gbinije, sophomore Roberson, junior DC2, (maybe) senior Christmas, junior Cooney, etc, etc, with the most important cog, future #1 overall pick Chris McCullough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom