Don't forget, this is a rebuilding year!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Don't forget, this is a rebuilding year!!!

Alot different from last offseason though. To early to say its a rebuilding year, especially after 02-03 and 06-07. But personally I like the prospects much better then last offseason, because...

DC2 has been around a year and has the skillset. He just needs the conditioning which usually takes a year. Rak is reaching leadership as a jr, and built himself a body over the offseason. He knows he needs fundementals this offseason and I wouldn't guess a monumental jump but we will get a good one. DC2 and/or Rak will make a jump that puts Raks woes this year and triches inconsistant nights in the past to shame. Book it.

CJ fair is coming back averaging 14.5 ppg our returning leader last year was averaging 9 in triche. And Gbinije at midnight madness played at a faster pace then even MCW with more strength and a extra half inch. Reminded me of josh pace with more strength and a better jumpshot just hope he can play the 2 on defense. Glad hes practicing at the 2. And Keita isn't just playing well he has evolved. Triche has been horribly inconsistant at times and if mike, southerland, triche and fair are off the court we only have 3 scorers on the floor. Next year I like our prospects of 2-3 solid isolation scoeres on top of Ennis.

I think people are downplaying our guards next year. Ennis looks smooth, and I trust Cooney or Buss will step up to give us a scoring backcourt to add to our frontcourt when Ennis is out (similar to edelin running the point and duany and gmac when he didn't).

Not to mention adding 5 freshmen and Grant with a year experience knows what he has to add to his offensive game.

Our biggest problem with next year is moving DC2 or Rak to PF for a few minutes, because my money is on they both evolve.

That being said Thets go Southerland Mike and Triche. This team has the confidence to win it all, they just need to play with heart. Heart takes even missed opportunities to heart, and stays hot out of timeouts.

Can we stop always looking forward to "next year" and just enjoying the current season? It seems like we've been looking forward to how "stacked" we will be "next season" and never fully enjoy what is going on before our eyes right now.

The way College hoops is right now, we will never be as good as we think we will be "next year because we lose a lot every year, and we're not the only ones. The key is to just get hot at the right time in March.

If Antz avatar is the team prophet we are in trouble. Thankfully its just a avatar.
;)

I think next year will certainly be more of a "rebuilding year"...and then the NEXT year we will be ready to make a run for the title with a sophomore Ennis, junior Gbinije, sophomore Roberson, junior DC2, (maybe) senior Christmas, junior Cooney, etc, etc, with the most important cog, future #1 overall pick Chris McCullough.
That's how I see it too. We're winning it in '15.

Alot different from last offseason though. To early to say its a rebuilding year, especially after 02-03 and 06-07. But personally I like the prospects much better then last offseason, because...

DC2 has been around a year and has the skillset. He just needs the conditioning which usually takes a year. Rak is reaching leadership as a jr, and built himself a body over the offseason. He knows he needs fundementals this offseason and I wouldn't guess a monumental jump but we will get a good one. DC2 and/or Rak will make a jump that puts Raks woes this year and triches inconsistant nights in the past to shame. Book it.

CJ fair is coming back averaging 14.5 ppg our returning leader last year was averaging 9 in triche. And Gbinije at midnight madness played at a faster pace then even MCW with more strength and a extra half inch. Reminded me of josh pace with more strength and a better jumpshot just hope he can play the 2 on defense. Glad hes practicing at the 2. And Keita isn't just playing well he has evolved. Triche has been horribly inconsistant at times and if mike, southerland, triche and fair are off the court we only have 3 scorers on the floor. Next year I like our prospects of 2-3 solid isolation scoeres on top of Ennis.

I think people are downplaying our guards next year. Ennis looks smooth, and I trust Cooney or Buss will step up to give us a scoring backcourt to add to our frontcourt when Ennis is out (similar to edelin running the point and duany and gmac when he didn't).

Not to mention adding 5 freshmen and Grant with a year experience knows what he has to add to his offensive game.

Our biggest problem with next year is moving DC2 or Rak to PF for a few minutes, because my money is on they both evolve.

That being said Thets go Southerland Mike and Triche. This team has the confidence to win it all, they just need to play with heart. Heart takes even missed opportunities to heart, and stays hot out of timeouts.
Basic point is wait until you see them play an actual game to foretell the future. Cooney is lights out in practice and looks like he is shooting with the lights out during most games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom