Doug Marrone | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone

B3FxMbUCMAAZdal.jpg

When I was on campus for the VT game, I had an opportunity to go on a private tour of the Manley Sports Complex and certain individuals working in the program said that Marrone was by far the most disliked coach in any sport ever at SU..a complete a*ole. They also said that Coach P got screwed by Buzz Shaw and GRob was a major league idiot who had zero control over the players. Both individuals did say that Dino is the genuine article.

When I was on campus for the VT game, I had an opportunity to go on a private tour of the Manley Sports Complex and certain individuals working in the program said that Marrone was by far the most disliked coach in any sport ever at SU..a complete a*ole. They also said that Coach P got screwed by Buzz Shaw and GRob was a major league idiot who had zero control over the players. Both individuals did say that Dino is the genuine article.
At no business of any kind do people like the manager who comes in to straighten out a big mess . This is especially true among low level hangers on .

Burt Breer, NFL Network guy and writer for Peter King's site, said this morning that Jax management doesn't see Marrone as a long term solution. If they can Bradley in-season he might be the default replacement but Breer isn't expecting him to get the permanent gig from what he's heard.

Dino has been handed a team with the best young QB in the country . A team that was close to winning last year in many games and a team that is stocked with lots of high character young men , not a bunch of shlitheads . Babers is also the beneficiary of Marrone laying down the hard line to the BOT several years back .

Burt Breer, NFL Network guy and writer for Peter King's site, said this morning that Jax management doesn't see Marrone as a long term solution. If they can Bradley in-season he might be the default replacement but Breer isn't expecting him to get the permanent gig from what he's heard.
Only hate gives you joy .:(

Dino has been handed a team with the best young QB in the country . A team that was close to winning last year in many games and a team that is stocked with lots of high character young men , not a bunch of shlitheads . Babers is also the beneficiary of Marrone laying down the hard line to the BOT several years back .
The cupboard was full, you guys! Thanks to Marrone laying down the law. Any dime-a-dozen coach like Babers could be 4-4 against the toughest schedule in the nation with this stacked, disciplined roster.

Marrone's genius will carry this program for decades!

No he was just a complete jerk. Face it. Everywhere he goes there is a trail of people who don't like him.
Not in my experience. You need someone who can make hard decisions but also generate support and goodwill. I've experienced both versions. Marrone breaks a culture cuts bait and runs and leaves behind many haters. Babers does it right.
If your comparing the situation Doug took over to the one Dino was handed , then there is your first mistake .

If that's your opinion, then don't bemoan the fact that people DO call him a jerk.
Were the people who called him a jerk at Manley angry that he had the fieldhouse turned into a football practice facility ? I mean , it was their private fiefdom and then he comes along and changes everything . That sounds about right to me .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom