Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Been wanting to squeal like a piggy since yesterday afternoon. Promised him I wouldn't.
If his team ever plays down towards the Montgomery, AL area I will be sure to catch it since I am near there.

B4mSsc3IQAACUEu.jpg:large

• 11:33 AM - 11 Dec 2014
    CuseNation.1m1 minute ago
    The crowd here at Brindlee Mountain, which just gave a final cheer for Clark to Cuse.

Would like the full story please!

The short version is that I sent an email to Coach Daoust; he opened it, saw the hudl video, and called that day. Thing is, coaches get hundreds of emails a day from parents, and almost every one of them are ignored. Also, the only reason I sent the video is because a few years back, Steven told me, while we were watching the Ernie Davis movie, that he'd like to play at Syracuse. Just so happened that I remembered him saying that, so I sent the email.

The short version is that I sent an email to Coach Daoust; he opened it, saw the hudl video, and called that day. Thing is, coaches get hundreds of emails a day from parents, and almost every one of them are ignored. Also, the only reason I sent the video is because a few years back, Steven told me, while we were watching the Ernie Davis movie, that he'd like to play at Syracuse. Just so happened that I remembered him saying that, so I sent the email.
Haha TGD the genius :)

Awesome. Welcome to the Family Steve! As you can tell, we are all very excited about having your son in Orange!

He absolutely loves fishing! We don't do a whole lot of bass fishing on Guntersville Lake, but we do try to get out to Smith Lake Dam every once in a while for some trout fishing. The tail waters of the dam are routinely stocked with rainbow trout. How's the trout fishing up there? Also, what about deer hunting?
We have the best salmon fishing in the world just north of Syracuse. We also have more lakes than anyone could count. He will be very happy here.

Two members of my wife's side of the family have season tix for South Alabama - boo hoo. But this branch of the family is extremely pleased that the decision is Syracuse!

The USA fans are a bit pissed. I do understand. And USA is a wonderful university. But, Syracuse was one of his dream schools. And, it's SYRACUSE! One of the best institutions in the nation. How can a 17 year old pass on such an opportunity?

That is sooo awesome!! Meant to be!

Y'all know that Syracuse was one of his dream schools, right? There's a story behind all this that just screams divine intervention.
Congrats. Its not just about size, talent and athleticism. Its about a kid having the the support and the commitment of his parents and community. Wish I could have seen the big smiles on your faces during the announcement. Priceless.

Congrats. Its not just about size, talent and athleticism. Its about a kid having the the support and the commitment of his parents and community. Wish I could have seen the big smiles on your faces during the announcement. Priceless.

Dad has been smiling for over 24 hours apparently! lol ;) bcubs9497 I can only imagine how proud you are Steve.