Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

He was "too small" and from Connecticut which isn't considered a main area for D1 talent.

He was still considered too small by some NFL execs after peeling off a 4.48 40 and doing 28 reps at the combine following his 17.5 sack all american senior season.

Others please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he still comes back to Syracuse to workout every off season (or at least did).
Freeney basically lives in Syracuse in the offseason.

Great news ! Have always felt that Syracuse had a lot to offer for any recruit. Some see it…and some don't. Glad Steven Clark and his family felt Syracuse was the best choice for him…You made a great decision!..go Cuse..

The short version is that I sent an email to Coach Daoust; he opened it, saw the hudl video, and called that day. Thing is, coaches get hundreds of emails a day from parents, and almost every one of them are ignored. Also, the only reason I sent the video is because a few years back, Steven told me, while we were watching the Ernie Davis movie, that he'd like to play at Syracuse. Just so happened that I remembered him saying that, so I sent the email.

"The Express" having an impact on yet another recruit. I like it. And I'm glad you shared, some of our board experts were insistent that kids these days could care less about history and specifically the history of the 44.

And Congrats on the Commitment! Welcome Aboard! I have to tell you, Steven's video is one of the best I've seen, I'm still surprised how under-recruited he was. The last DT video of a recruit I saw that I was this impressed with was Harold Brantley's - he's currently starting at DT for Missouri as a sophomore.

anchorman.jpg

Okay, a really OT question; I've got a 5'6" Shakespear ultralight rig. Will that be enough for trout fishing the streams up there?

I don't see why not

Good.

Hey, what about the park in the middle of the city; can't remember the name of it, but there's a stream that's supposedly stocked throughout the year. Is that an okay place to fish for rainbows, etc?

bcubs9497 said:
Good. Hey, what about the park in the middle of the city; can't remember the name of it, but there's a stream that's supposedly stocked throughout the year. Is that an okay place to fish for rainbows, etc?

I'm not sure. I know there are some really nice spots outside the city though...

I'm not a fisher - I'm sure the more knowledgable posters will point you to some great spots.