Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

No doubt. The "scenery" is AMAZING. Never seen a more attractive campus [wink wink].
Yup. Been there once and...well. Yeah.

Let's just say that if we ever have a recruit go visit ASU I think we're losing that recruit.

I don't mind Clark taking OV's at all, it's right to and should enjoy the experience... I think most agree. I think what makes this situation odd/different is bcubs mentioned yesterday that Florida kept calling, Florida was told no, they weren't gonna answer the phone, etc. Next day Steven is on an official to Florida. It's weird to me.

JDubbin said:
I don't mind Clark taking OV's at all, it's right to and should enjoy the experience... I think most agree. I think what makes this situation odd/different is bcubs mentioned yesterday that Florida kept calling, Florida was told no, they weren't gonna answer the phone, etc. Next day Steven is on an official to Florida. It's weird to me.

I am sure they said something like "it couldn't hurt to check out your options". And that makes a lot of sense. I hope he has fun, but remains committed after the dust settles.

Steven Clark ‏@SLClark7250 6m6 minutes ago
#Syracuse #ACC #tyke
1f34a.png
1f61c.png
1f60f.png
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png
#futurehome http://instagram.com/p/yNcA3AhLuX/

I am sure they said something like "it couldn't hurt to check out your options". And that makes a lot of sense. I hope he has fun, but remains committed after the dust settles.
It'll be great if it works out the way we want. Commit gets a Florida offer, heavy pressure, takes an OV, and declines. At the end of the day that is still going head to head with Florida and winning. I say, "Yes, please."

I wish him well on the visit. Can't knock a kid taking visits to colleges to see which one he likes best.

I personally think he decommits and ends up at Florida and have thought so ever since I heard Florida was interested. I will wish him well whether he stay with us or not.

Let's just say that if we ever have a recruit go visit ASU I think we're losing that recruit.
Matriculated for a year at University of Arizona and they are no slouch. Lots of matriculating.

What I hate about the situations is that Clark will be given every opportunity to succeed at Syracuse. At Florida he becomes just a number. Next years first full class for the new coach they will recruit 10 kids at his position

We're all SU fans here so its understandable why the some on here respond they way they do: of course we would love to have Steven to sign his letter of commitment to play SU and it would be a great opportunity for both him and SU, no doubt.

But I agree with those that say that Steven should explore all options available to him, take the opportunity to see what's out there because once you are committed that opportunity is over. I think it is a smart move, personally and objectively (wait ... is that contradictory?). From an SU Alum perspective, I would like to see him matriculated and part of the SU Football program, but I can't pretend to know which opportunity fits him best. It seems his family is doing things right and guiding Steven to a decision that will decide his future college experience.

Hoping he will be Orange!

If I was a stud football player coming out of HS, I would certainly take all 5 official visits. When else will you be courted at some of the best football schools in the country? You get treated like gold and get a chance to hang out with some pretty girls, too.

For an 18 year old, take advantage of the opportunity as life comes at you pretty fast after college.

He knows here, he has a coach who has proven he can get players ready for the next level. With a new staff at Florida, there is no guarantee that their coach is able to do this.

He knows here, he has a coach who has proven he can get players ready for the next level. With a new staff at Florida, there is no guarantee that their coach is able to do this.
That, plus DLs make a lot more money than OLs in the NFL.

In Steve I Trust. Still think after the dust settles he's going to stay with SU. Like some have said let him explore other options but in long run think his heart will remain at SU, plus mom and dad love SU too.

I take it as a good sign that he's been retweeting a sh**load of SU related tweets. I've only seen one or two UF tweets...often followed by a retweet of an SU fan saying the Gators suck.

I remember seeing Rob Gronkowski at the Dome for a game when he was visiting SU... shortly thereafter he went to visit Arizona and ended up there... given his reputation now, it makes even more sense!

I remember seeing Rob Gronkowski at the Dome for a game when he was visiting SU... shortly thereafter he went to visit Arizona and ended up there... given his reputation now, it makes even more sense!

Arizona co-eds are absurd. Truly absurd.

With that being said, Gronk made the "right" decision for him.