Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Gator Bait said:
You can thank your mods for letting me in then, man. Honestly, I just came to read the 20+ pages on this recruit because I knew nothing about him and figured the board of the school he's committed to would have all the info.

Welcome. Kirby Dar Dar said to say hello.

Gator Bait said:
As mentioned, UF is ranked higher than Syracuse academically by 10+ on every major sites' rankings list. While the SEC isn't known for its academic prowess, UF is a top 15 public university and second only to Vanderbilt. I don't know why you would be surprised at our recruiting success either, when we've won 3 national championships, have 3 Heisman winners, and have produced NFL greats, like Emmitt Smith. The state of Florida is also the #1 recruiting hotbed in the country, so it also shouldn't be shocking that we get great classes. Gainesville is also a renowned college town, despite how sketchy downtown is. That being said, I don't know much about this guy, and obviously, UF offering him late and preferring him as an offensive, rather than defensive, player might make this a long shot for us. However, crazier things have happened. UF can offer him early PT, bigger exposure, and three-four years in Florida sounds a lot more appealing weather-wise than New York. If the kid just likes you guys more, though, than that's awesome. I can always appreciate kids who commit to programs because they fell in love with it.

Welcome.

We're no slouch when it comes to NFL greats, esp at RB. Emmitt was great - but I'd take Jim Brown (widely considered the greatest RB ever). We also have more NFL HoFer's than Florida and the first African-American to win a Heisman in Ernie Davis. Our last great QB had a very long pro career (McNabb) compared to your last great one (Tebow).

As mentioned, UF is ranked higher than Syracuse academically by 10+ on every major sites' rankings list. While the SEC isn't known for its academic prowess, UF is a top 15 public university and second only to Vanderbilt. I don't know why you would be surprised at our recruiting success either, when we've won 3 national championships, have 3 Heisman winners, and have produced NFL greats, like Emmitt Smith. The state of Florida is also the #1 recruiting hotbed in the country, so it also shouldn't be shocking that we get great classes. Gainesville is also a renowned college town, despite how sketchy downtown is.

That being said, I don't know much about this guy, and obviously, UF offering him late and preferring him as an offensive, rather than defensive, player might make this a long shot for us. However, crazier things have happened. UF can offer him early PT, bigger exposure, and three-four years in Florida sounds a lot more appealing weather-wise than New York. If the kid just likes you guys more, though, than that's awesome. I can always appreciate kids who commit to programs because they fell in love with it.
Bigger exposure, eh? How much exposure do backup offensive linemen get in the SEC? Because, face it, if McElwain isn't bringing in 5 and 4 star linemen in the next couple of years he won't be the Gator coach for long.

Staying classy is one thing and should be done. But if he flips it's another reason parents shouldn't post on these sites, especially before they commit.

Personally I believe the same should go for every recruits thread whether or not their parents are posting on here. Just because we think something doesn't mean we shouldn't use good sense in what we post.

I'll never understand why people fail to realize that Florida is a pretty good school with some really excellent programs. Just hope the kid does what is best for him. I just can't believe that adults would be tweeting 17 year old kids, just flat out creepy and not right.

I'll never understand why people fail to realize that Florida is a pretty good school with some really excellent programs. Just hope the kid does what is best for him. I just can't believe that adults would be tweeting 17 year old kids, just flat out creepy and not right.

THAT...but parents posting their kid isn't heading anywhere only to have that change less than 24 hours later ain't smart either.

Guys

It's been a confusing, and busy, couple of days. We weren't going to take this visit, then Steven he wanted to go just to make sure. Not sure what changed his mind; I apparently don't always know what rolls around in his noggin.

So, anyways, as expected, it's nice here. And he may be seriously considering this. I do know that there's a long 8.5 hour car ride back home. His mom, myself, and him will have plenty of time to hash this out.

I don't want to say anything more right now, because I might stuff my foot in my mouth again.

THAT...but parents posting their kid isn't heading anywhere only to have that change less than 24 hours later ain't smart either.

First. He has not gone anywhere, as of yet, he took a visit. Second. Coach has always encouraged kids to take visits to make sure they want to be cuse. I'm sure that is the same here.

Bcubs has been great

Hope he stays committed.

;) - btw just for those trying to read so much into tweets.

@TreyDunk11: Football is now 2-0

Guys

It's been a confusing, and busy, couple of days. We weren't going to take this visit, then Steven he wanted to go just to make sure. Not sure what changed his mind; I apparently don't always know what rolls around in his noggin.

So, anyways, as expected, it's nice here. And he may be seriously considering this. I do know that there's a long 8.5 hour car ride back home. His mom, myself, and him will have plenty of time to hash this out.

I don't want to say anything more right now, because I might stuff my foot in my mouth again.
Its up to you and Steven to decide what is best for him. You don't have to explain anything to anyone on this board. It's very nice of you to post here. Most of us fully understand that people especially teenagers change their minds constantly. I'm sure he's been told by every kid he knows down their to go to Florida as you guys are in SEC country I'm sure this is very difficult for all of you.

Guys

Nah man. No foot in your mouth. Some people bitch and moan for more info, then complain about that info. Steven seems like a nice kid. Great player. We want him here bottom line. But most of us respect the process.

Go orange

Much respect to you and your family. I don't begrudge the decision you have (or the long car ride).

As always - please disregard (if you can) - the people on here and Twitter that make arsenic themselves. I can't speak for all Syracuse fans - but this one is rooting for what's best for Steven. And only God knows what that is. I was a youth pastor for 10 years and helped a lot of kids with big choices about colleges WITHOUT d1 football offers. Can only imagine...

If Syracuse loses Clark - I'm going to be sick to my stomach.

Not because of the decision to visit or flip, but because he is going to be a stud on defense. He's a recruit that has strength to play as a freshman in college and that's 1/2 of what's require to play your freshman year.

He's a recruit that I'm really excited to see in Orange and Blue. It would be fun to see him in the "right" Orange and Blue though.

When you play the Game of Thrones (recruiting)...you win...or...

Guys

Nothing to ever apologize for my friend. This is a kids decision and the biggest one of their lives so far. Both our kids need to do what's beat for them and anyone that doesn't like it can just be someone else's fan. Of course I hope steven plays with shy and the rest of this team but where ever he goes I will always be a fan of your sons. Enjoy the trip home and take as much time as he needs to make the right choice

I'll never understand the "parents shouldn't post here" sentiment. I mean, I get where it's coming from. I can understand why a lot of parents wouldn't want to read forums when their child is being discussed. But if they do want to post, well, how can anyone tell them they shouldn't? They're adults. They're fully aware what they're getting into, and making a conscious decision. It's inappropriate to try to tell them whether they should be doing it or not, IMO.

Guys

Your insight into your son's recruitment has been greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing what that decision is, whichever way it goes.

You have the luxury of choosing between 2 great institutions, there is no bad choice with either Orange and Blue.

The one thing I want to bring up is this; when Steven committed, a lot of people were high on him, but, some we're critical as well. Some of the same people that were critical are now up in arms because we are now in a battle with Florida. It seems some are contrarian, just to be contrarian.

I think credit should go to our staff for identifying the talent earlier.

Over the past 4 or so years we've had more and more larger programs trying to poach commits and battle us for other recruits.

This is a positive development.

WINNING these battles will be a GREAT development.

Kudos to Steven and the staff.

As always: CUSE, CUSE, CUUUUUUSE!!!!!

Guys

Love ya guys! Any decision Steve makes will be respected by me! He is a great kid, and not dumb! Job well done mom and dad! Safe travels home!!

First. He has not gone anywhere, as of yet, he took a visit. Second. Coach has always encouraged kids to take visits to make sure they want to be cuse. I'm sure that is the same here.

Bcubs has been great

Hope he stays committed.

;) - btw just for those trying to read so much into tweets.

@TreyDunk11: Football is now 2-0
Haha!

Youth
Much respect to you and your family. I don't begrudge the decision you have (or the long car ride).

As always - please disregard (if you can) - the people on here and Twitter that make arsenic themselves. I can't speak for all Syracuse fans - but this one is rooting for what's best for Steven. And only God knows what that is. I was a youth pastor for 10 years and helped a lot of kids with big choices about colleges WITHOUT d1 football offers. Can only imagine...
Youth pastor!! I knew there was a reason I liked you!!

Love ya guys! Any decision Steve makes will be respected by me! He is a great kid, and not dumb! Job well done mom and dad! Safe travels home!!
Totally agree. I haven't met either Steven or his dad, but they have been very gracious in sharing their ongoing story with us. I young man is presented with opportunities, great opportunities, he has to do what he feels best serves him. Anyone who can scorn a young man for making a thoughtful decision should really analyze their own motivation and priorities. He is a smart kid with a strong family, any decision won't be made without great thought. I think they know how much we all want him in Syracuse Orange.