Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Hopefully he sticks because I think the 3 DTs we have coming in this class are forces and steals. Unfortunately for us they are starting to get noticed now.

Man its going to really really hurt if we lose Steve! I'm OK with a kid doing what he feels best but damn its so heart wrenching when we were the only ones that believed in the kid and saw the potential. I understand new staff and all that, but its not going to be long until they just get a few 5 4 star kids and just bury the depth chart. I'm not saying that's going to happen to Steven he's a very good player all I'm saying is he comes here he's a game changer, he means something! There he's just another player in the cycle that'll never end. He's just a huge peice in this chess game that can get this program back on track.last year we had the defense. man that Notre dame game would a been real interesting if we actually ran something you weren't scratching your head at. I noticed better then others when lester walked into oc role everything was running wayyy smoother I just can see us doing some great things in the future only problem is it begins by winning battles like these! either way I wish the best for Steven no matter your choice I know everyone here at syracusefan.com will be rooting for you!

It's hard to get a good grasp on the God angle here. The kid is a passionate Christ follower and the north east can feel like a different world compared to the "Bible belt". When I was choosing a school I knew Syracuse wouldn't be a safe cocoon for me and my faith. But I ended up choosing Syracuse for that reason. It's easy to play it safe and be surrounded by people who are like minded.

For me - I felt God calling me into the world to do some good. Mission-like.

(Side note: there are some real solid Christian groups on campus too.)

What does he want to do academically that makes Florida a better fit? Anyone know?

I'm wondering just how many of our late flips to SEC (or whatever) actually see significant playing time?

That kid who flipped to Mizzou is the only one I can think of in the past 10 years. That FL kid who flipped on us two years ago to Tennessee transferred.

Is Daoust visiting Steven today? Or is he just speaking with him via phone?

I think what makes this such an enviable yet gut-wrenching decision is that there is no bad choice to be made. Either way he chooses, the likelihood of it being a "good choice" in 4-5 years is pretty darn high. Thats a lot for an 18 year old to handle. I was a lightly recruited D-III player and that decision kept me up at night. I can't even imagine making the decision he's making.

i think what might be telling is dad hasnt posted on this site since they got back.

He posted around time they were leaving UofFL...he wanted to wait for son's decision before saying anything else.

Guys

It's been a confusing, and busy, couple of days. We weren't going to take this visit, then Steven he wanted to go just to make sure. Not sure what changed his mind; I apparently don't always know what rolls around in his noggin.

So, anyways, as expected, it's nice here. And he may be seriously considering this. I do know that there's a long 8.5 hour car ride back home. His mom, myself, and him will have plenty of time to hash this out.

I don't want to say anything more right now, because I might stuff my foot in my mouth again.

I hope he does what he truly feels as best for him. I could list a ton of reasons why Syracuse is the better choice. UF could list many reasons as well. The kid surely has talent and will be successful wherever he goes.

With that said, I hope the young man picks Syracuse! Legitimate defensive tackle prospects are the hardest position to recruit outside of quarterback IMO.

GO CUSE!!!!!

It's like a kid committing to VCU in hoops then Cuse and KU enters scene and offers.

Remeber Steve, you are our Plan A! You are these SEC school's plan B or C. You aren't table scraps! You're an important piece in our class and our future. Florida and Ole Miss missed on some guys they liked more than you...
This isn't true though, he was committed to South Alabama, we missed on Milan/Annan and then went after him. Can't get mad if a kid you flip flips elsewhere, thats just hypocritical.

Matt Schneidman ‏@matt_schneidman
Syracuse ℅ 2015 DT commit Steven Clark will stay with SU or leave for Florida today. Talked to HS teammate Tristen Palmisano, who said...

SU is only school offering Clark chance to play defense and "he absolutely loves defense." Palmisano thinks Clark will stay with Syracuse.
Like 1000 X's. Hope they talked after the trip.

I will celebrate, likely by myself tonight, if Steven decides we are the best fit for him.

Wow, talking with teammates in order to gauge interest. Wonder if anyone has tried reaching out to his HS coach, particularly after Steve spoke with him last night.

Per Bailey "Ole Miss will visit Clark during his basketball practice on Monday"