Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

It's not a good sign if he is making an announcement. Most of the time the player just says they are not interested.

Was thinking the same. Who is on twitter watch? Has Eric or any other coaches unfollowed Clark yet?

Best of luck to Steve no matter where he goes!

Last edited:
Too bad really as i believe he ends up being passed over at Florida. We will need to truly focus on the DT position next recruiting cycle and fully expect us to bring in one if not two Jucos next year as we will be super thin. Kid would have started for sure his RS year

Florida has also offered a 3 star OL prospect from Oklahoma who recently verballed to Baylor. It's to be seen whether Riley Daniel will take an official this weekend to Gainesville. Seems like Florida is searching long and far for OL prospects.

announcement to announce his reaffirmed pledge to SU? No way, hes going to florida folks.

Sums up my feelings about Florida
images

announcement to announce his reaffirmed pledge to SU? No way, hes going to florida folks.
If he goes to Fla he may enjoy the school and his education but next year they will recruit over his head and he will be a second or third stringer on offense for his career vs coming to SU starting his second year and developing his skill set to maybe play at the next level. What a shame the bright lights of FU will cost him his defensive career that he so much wanted. Hope he has his sunglasses on and can see the best choice clearly.

The funny thin about this is I dont see him being recruited over. I mean we want this kid as a number 1 choice the UF staff wants him pretty bad ole miss came snooping...this may be because he is the kid you want in that position. Why would we want a kid that another school can get a better kid..i think he is the real deal.

jimcuse said:
If he goes to Fla he may enjoy the school and his education but next year they will recruit over his head and he will be a second or third stringer on offense for his career vs coming to SU starting his second year and developing his skill set to maybe play at the next level. What a shame the bright lights of FU will cost him his defensive career that he so much wanted. Hope he has his sunglasses on and can see the best choice clearly.

Just because they bring in another talented kid doesn't mean he isn't talented enough to play. We want kids that are talented enough to play at Florida and Ole Miss., and Steven is talented enough to play there.

At this point, I just want to know for sure what's happening one way or the other. The longer we go without hearing anything the more insane it's going to drive me.

The funny thin about this is I dont see him being recruited over. I mean we want this kid as a number 1 choice the UF staff wants him pretty bad ole miss came snooping...this may be because he is the kid you want in that position. Why would we want a kid that another school can get a better kid..i think he is the real deal.

Agreed. I don't know whether the kid is the real deal or not, but he is clearly generating interest. Judging from those that know what they're talking about, he has talent, works hard, and it sounds like he comes from a good background. Enough with the "he'll only get recruited over next year stuff." It just sounds like sour grapes if we lose out.

This isn't directed at you because it is said all of the time around here, but I HATE this argument. It is us saying as fans that our team is second tier or that our coaches don't know what they are doing in recruiting. Honestly, if Shafer and company aren't trying to recruit over players on a team that went 3-9 then we are in serious trouble.

Every year, every coaching staff should be trying to find players they believe can compete and beat out their current lineup for starting spots. We want players like young Mr. Clark to WANT the competition... To constantly prove they are the best at their position and welcome the challenge.

The use of this argument that other schools will recruit over a player and Syracuse would not as a positive to me speaks volumes of how fans view our program.

This isn't directed at you because it is said all of the time around here, but I HATE this argument. It is us saying as fans that our team is second tier or that our coaches don't know what they are doing in recruiting. Honestly, if Shafer and company aren't trying to recruit over players on a team that went 3-9 then we are in serious trouble.

Every year, every coaching staff should be trying to find players they believe can compete and beat out their current lineup for starting spots. We want players like young Mr. Clark to WANT the competition... To constantly prove they are the best at their position and welcome the challenge.

The use of this argument that other schools will recruit over a player and Syracuse would not as a positive to me speaks volumes of how fans view our program.
I always thought I was the only one that felt this way. lol

Backwards logic to try and make oneself feel better if we don't win this battle. It's funny that the same people that are on the ledge when we get a commit with no other big name offers step off that ledge and onto another when said offers come in.

At this point, I just want to know for sure what's happening one way or the other. The longer we go without hearing anything the more insane it's going to drive me.

What do you mean going to drive you more insane... I have already signed your 2pc... you are certifiable.;)

Was thinking the same. Who is on twitter watch? Has Eric or any other coaches unfollowed Clark yet?

Best of luck to Steve no matter where he goes!

Call me old fashioned, but I just wish these kids would not make any commits they do not intend to fulfill. Not sure, do not commit, but live up to what you say you are going to do or do not say it. Recruiting really is a dirty business.
Good luck to him either way.

Call me old fashioned, but I just wish these kids would not make any commits they do not intend to fulfill. Not sure, do not commit, but live up to what you say you are going to do or do not say it. Recruiting really is a dirty business.

If that was the case we'd have never gotten his commit in the first place.

I agree it is a dirty business and I did tell Shy if you commit here and the big boys come calling later I dont want you decommiting. this man gave you his word if you get hurt he says you have a scholarship, If you miss the grades he will wait for you. I told him the only way he could break the promise he made would be if the staff left. I told him he could not hold up these guys time.. they need to get a team together and they have picked you...if you commit its done there is no jumping ship you stick with who had faith in you first. But thats not for every person just my opinion... in the end its up to the kids

Bambrewer said:
I agree it is a dirty business and I did tell Shy if you commit here and the big boys come calling later I dont want you decommiting. this man gave you his word if you get hurt he says you have a scholarship, If you miss the grades he will wait for you. I told him the only way he could break the promise he made would be if the staff left. I told him he could not hold up these guys time.. they need to get a team together and they have picked you...if you commit its done there is no jumping ship you stick with who had faith in you first. But thats not for every person just my opinion... in the end its up to the kids
Thats how it should go everytime.

giphy.gif

Can't blame a young man from Alabama, who's probably been brought up with Auburn against Alabama for taking an SEC offer. Nothing would be better, then if Steven came here, but playing in the SEC is a big thing for an Alabama player.

You and Shy are a rare commodity these days, I too believe in living up to what I tell people. If you can not depend on what someone promises you, everything falls apart. Not sure, just say nothing.
As you said if other factors change that you were unaware of when you made the commitment then all bets are off.

Can't blame a young man from Alabama, who's probably been brought up with Auburn against Alabama for taking an SEC offer. Nothing would be better, then if Steven came here, but playing in the SEC is a big thing for an Alabama player.
I can, because it means his word is worth little. Simple, not sure say nothing and you live up to your own honor and character.
No one forced him to make a commitment. This is my feeling toward anyone not just this young man, and I understand there are pressures, but those who live up to what they say even given those pressures are the most valuable people both as friends and associates.
I still wish him well whatever he does.

Last edited: