Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

This isn't true though, he was committed to South Alabama, we missed on Milan/Annan and then went after him. Can't get mad if a kid you flip flips elsewhere, thats just hypocritical.

I understand your point, but it's a little different showing interest in someone in November compared to showing interest in someone 2 weeks before signing day. Reminds me a little of last call at Chucks haha.

Wow, talking with teammates in order to gauge interest. Wonder if anyone has tried reaching out to his HS coach, particularly after Steve spoke with him last night.

The thing I don't like about kids deciding with their high school coaches is that these guys have bigger egos then the recruits! He probably wants to tell people "Hey, I sent one of my players to Florida/SEC!"

I understand your point, but it's a little different showing interest in someone in November compared to showing interest in someone 2 weeks before signing day. Reminds me a little of last call at Chucks haha.

Seriously! Also, it's not surprising it took Cuse longer to find this kid at a small school in Alabama! South Alabama is right down the road.

The thing I don't like about kids deciding with their high school coaches is that these guys have bigger egos then the recruits! He probably wants to tell people "Hey, I sent one of my players to Florida/SEC!"
That's kind of a broad brush you are using to paint all HS coaches. Some of them actually look out for the best interests of their players.

This will be interesting up until he decides. I remember how difficult of a decision college was for me. I personally still think he chooses Florida but I'm hoping he heads up here. He will be a good player wherever he decides to play. It's all about where he will fit in well and do the things he enjoys most which is why SU still has a chance because he can still play defense.

That's kind of a broad brush you are using to paint all HS coaches. Some of them actually look out for the best interests of their players.

Perhaps you're right. I should have made it clear that not all coaches are like this. However, I'm kind of obsessed with recruiting, and have been following recruiting for years, as well as being recruited in high school. A lot of coaches have their own agendas. Part of the reason schools have pipelines to certain high schools is because the coaches are pushing kids their way. Stevens high school is a small division school, Which didn't win a game last year, and was 2-8 this year. It would look real nice on the coaches resume to be able to say he got a kid to Florida despite his lack of success. Not saying that is what is happening, I just think kids should defer to their family and not a coach.

Enough with the defeatist attitude on here, good grief. So now Ole Miss is coming so we should just run away?

C'mon people, this is exciting and would be a huge coup if our staff can retain this kid.

Absolutely. You all moan and groan when the staff offers a kid with no other offers yet and then you whine and kvetch when a commit blows up and gets attention from other P5 Schools. Talk about negative and dysfunctional. I think the staff is in this until the very end and that Steven might still be SU Orange.

Enough with the defeatist attitude on here, good grief. So now Ole Miss is coming so we should just run away?

C'mon people, this is exciting and would be a huge coup if our staff can retain this kid.

Great post.

Perhaps you're right. I should have made it clear that not all coaches are like this. However, I'm kind of obsessed with recruiting, and have been following recruiting for years, as well as being recruited in high school. A lot of coaches have their own agendas. Part of the reason schools have pipelines to certain high schools is because the coaches are pushing kids their way. Stevens high school is a small division school, Which didn't win a game last year, and was 2-8 this year. It would look real nice on the coaches resume to be able to say he got a kid to Florida despite his lack of success. Not saying that is what is happening, I just think kids should defer to their family and not a coach.

I didn't see any place where Stevens coach is making the decision for him. Only that Steven was discussing the process with him. I think you need to take a breath and take a step back from the recruiting for a little bit.

You wany exciting? I want the kid to go to syracuse because it is a fantastic place and no drama.

I didn't see any place where Stevens coach is making the decision for him. Only that Steven was discussing the process with him. I think you need to take a breath and take a step back from the recruiting for a little bit.

Lol, Thanks CL. I always appreciate your perspective and calming influence. You're right, it was not implied his coach was making his decision. It just worries me.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the privilege of witnessing the Glory years like most of our posters and I'm dying for a return!

You older cats were spoiled with great football! It's hard being a young Cuse fan! My peers think I'm nuts being such a diehard for what they perceive to be a bottom-feeder. It's really disheartening honestly. I absolutely bleed Orange and every year I get disappointed either on the field or on the recruiting trail.

I try to find solace in the good moments and really do love and appreciate the kids that want to be here. It just hurts when I think we're about to get over the hump only to be kicked back down again. On the bright side, it helps me really appreciate those good moments.

I believe in this staff, and hope Shafer gets the time he deserves to build a winner here.

You wany exciting? I want the kid to go to syracuse because it is a fantastic place and no drama.

I don't "wany" anything. ;)

I don't necessarily want "exciting" either, but it comes with the territory when trying to land prize recruits. I'd rather it be exciting than boring.

This is the story of my entire sports-watching life.:noidea:

Me too! Unfortunately I must really hate myself because I'm also a Mets, Bucs, and Nets fan! Syracuse basketball was keeping me sane until this year! :bang:

th

Dont worry I am a pats fan we always win! My daughter won a national title in cheer this year, my son won 3 state titles in 3 years in pop warner. Shy is the number one in the state line backer...this family DOESN"T lose.

Heres to hoping Shy continues the trend at Cuse!