Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

CUSU said:
Even though it has nothing to do with me, all Steven, I feel like total bada$$ for starting it.

image-3545537601.jpg

Great News! This kid really gets it…..Besides the football experience, he will be exposed to so much at the Cuse in terms of people from all around the country. This will be a culture change for him. I am so happy that he was insightful enough to be open to this new experience. It will really be life enhancing in a way that Florida would not have been, Congratulation Steve and family and welcome to the ORANGE NATION……

Last edited:
Well I think based on the decision tonight and hopefully this class all signs on signing day plus pickard, grimes and another safety, include last years class I think we can officially say #CuseNation is rising!

I do know that Coach Daoust likes him. With who we're bringing on this year, I'd say we have a good shot at playing in the ACC championship within the next 2 to 3 years.
Sheppard, Clark, Cross, Pickard (fingers crossed), Giudice, Ginnetti, and Ealey (I think - can't recall if he is going to be DE or TE). That is a fine DL group.

Great News! This kid really gets it…..Besides the football experience, he will be exposed to so much at the Cuse in terms of people from all around the country. This will be a culture change for him. I am so happy that he was insightful enough to be open to this new experience. It will really be life enhancing in a way that Florida would not have been, Congratulation Steve and family and welcome the the ORANGE NATION……

Thanks!

Just watched his hudl video again. It's a hoot seeing guys getting air time when he hits them. The first play on the video, Steven reads screen and the receiver turns into him and Steven's full head of steam. That poor kid.

Lost by one. Not sure how many points he scored, but I would guess somewhere between 10 and 14 points. That's what he usually averages. Usually gets around 1o rebounds a game, maybe a bit more.
Bcubs, Kelly and Bam I just want to tell y'all thank you. Thank you for entrusting your children to the school that we love. Thank you for giving us a glimpse behind the recruiting curtain. Thank you for instilling some hope after a dismal season. Let's hope your boys help lead our beloved Orange back to respectability.

She's a great big sister, all 5'1" of her. She toughened him up as when he was a little tyke. Believe me when I tell you that she's actually a lot meaner than her brother. Maybe "more vicious" is a better term.

Can she tackle?

Bcubs, Kelly and Bam I just want to tell y'all thank you. Thank you for entrusting your children to the school that we love. Thank you for giving us a glimpse behind the recruiting curtain. Thank you for instilling some hope after a dismal season. Let's hope your boys help lead our beloved Orange back to respectability.
Thank you guys for being so accepting :)
That would be something else to have those 3 lead SU back to a powerhouse! I know Trey wanted to be in that position. To help rebuild a team! He got his dream!
AJ, Trey, Dontae, and God willing Washington! on offense, with Steve, Shy, and Jake on defense!

Thanks!
Welcome to the family!!! Tell your son to enjoy his hs time for right now. The hard work is coming. Can't wait to see him in the CORRECT orange and blue uniform busting skulls. Oh ... Get your son to make a #hardnosed tweet. It's only fitting for his decision.

The Florida visit was very nice. Coaches were great, affable, and all that. Exactly as one would expect. We spent a few days yapping about the visit, weighing the pros and cons. You know, the usual stuff. Things were made a bit more complicated when Vanderbilt and Ole Miss contacted us. The Ole Miss coach gave Steven a great bit of advice during his visit on Monday. Steven's sister, Katie, made a very astute observation that none of us had noted; Steven always sounded like he was on a job interview, except when he talked to Coach Daoust and Coach Bullough.

That pretty much says it all about our staff and the family atmosphere they create. I would put our guys against any staff in nation on ability to connect. Once we get ranked again other programs better LOOK OUT because we'll be unstoppable

This had to be a really gutsy decision that took a lot of testicular fortitude (summoning my inner Mankind). You have a kid in the heart of SEC country that was surely being pushed towards UF. I couldn't imagine many school friends saying oh ya you should head on up to Syracuse. Have to give Steven credit for looking past the pressure, and making the decision he felt most comfortable with.

Florida didn't do anything "wrong" so to speak, it's just that, in the end, Steven felt he belonged at Syracuse.

I may have asked my question wrong. Initially it seemed that Steve had decided against visiting Florida. I believe you may have even posted that he was shutting his recruitment down. Then, all of sudden, there was a change in plans and he ended up taking the OV. Was wondering what made him change his mind? Was it something he heard that he like or was it more of a courtesy visit due to the constant texts and calls he was getting from them?

CuseOnly said:
I am one that never thought stars matter...ask Bees.

You realize he didn't really drop and it was a joke right?

Ecstatic to see Clark committed. I had to work late and had no way of checking. I'm very happy I my initial thoughts that he would flip were wrong. I can imagine this is quite the burden to now have gotten rid of.

Well done, Steven! GO SUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!