Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

I think I read, or heard, from somewhere that one of the things the coaches are looking at with Steven is how well he will adapt to a new playing weight. If Steven is actually 303 pounds, there would be no need to adapt as that's really close to the weight he played at in high school (290-305). From the pictures being taken at camp, I'm guessing Steven's got to be somewhere around 320. He's never been 320.

I think I read, or heard, from somewhere that one of the things the coaches are looking at with Steven is how well he will adapt to a new playing weight. If Steven is actually 303 pounds, there would be no need to adapt as that's really close to the weight he played at in high school (290-305). From the pictures being taken at camp, I'm guessing Steven's got to be somewhere around 320. He's never been 320.
Does that include the 6 lb beard?

bcubs9497, so how is Steve holding up? Curious to hear how he is handling the rigorous schedule right now. It has be absurdly taxing.

Actually, he's holding up just fine. He did a lot of sprinting down here in the midday heat to prepare for the rigors of camp. That and the lifting. Really, all the kids prepared themselves as well.

The only thing he's been griping about is the laptop he bought for school.

If our Dline and linebackers become our strongest unit in time, maybe we'll actually beat Pitt for once. Gasp.

Actually, he's holding up just fine. He did a lot of sprinting down here in the midday heat to prepare for the rigors of camp. That and the lifting. Really, all the kids prepared themselves as well.

The only thing he's been griping about is the laptop he bought for school.

Our hottest days In the north don't even come close to that southern heat/humidity combo that punches you in the face.

I can't say I'm surprised with Steven, but I'm legitimately impressed when first year guys in the trenches get a serious look for extended PT.

Our hottest days In the north don't even come close to that southern heat/humidity combo that punches you in the face.

I can't say I'm surprised with Steven, but I'm legitimately impressed when first year guys in the trenches get a serious look for extended PT.
He was out there running in this sht down here; dry bulb temp would be 94, wet bulb temp at 105ish. Mid-day. Afterwards, he'd lift. Coach Daoust told him to be ready, and he took it seriously.

Wish there was video of the 1-1's.

He was out there running in this sht down here; dry bulb temp would be 94, wet bulb temp at 105ish. Mid-day. Afterwards, he'd lift. Coach Daoust told him to be ready, and he took it seriously.

Wish there was video of the 1-1's.

Wish we had video as well but equally excited for some "unkowns" to be unveiled on September 4th.

We rented a house 35 miles from Gainesville for a week the end of july (coincidentally close to Stevens other most desperate suitor) and can say I will gladley shovel snow for 3 months in winter vs live in that 95 degree fog for 3 months of summer. Not sure if that factored into the decision or not but suffice to say I've gained a new respect for what summer in the south means.

You must be very proud of your son.

I like these quotes from Shafer:

"That was hell on wheels, man, for a few weeks."

"Toughest position to play as a freshman, but stock is up for Steven Clark."

I am glad he stayed with SU after every other program tried to jump on him late in the game.

You must be very proud of your son.

I like these quotes from Shafer:

"That was hell on wheels, man, for a few weeks."

"Toughest position to play as a freshman, but stock is up for Steven Clark."

I am glad he stayed with SU after every other program tried to jump on him late in the game.
It was hell on wheels. Glad it turned out the way it did, though. Syracuse is the best fit.

Hell_on_Wheels_Title_Card.jpg