Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

So, no matter what happens, we're all clear to respect Steven's choice and not start badmouthing him, right? Don't make me scold you with this again: http://.com/recruiting-season-reveals-more-about-us-than-recruits/

Agreed. Frankly, this is a good thing. I'd rather have a kid explore his options and decide upon SU for the right reasons.

No issue whatsoever with him and his family doing due dilligence.

So, no matter what happens, we're all clear to respect Steven's choice and not start badmouthing him, right? Don't make me scold you with this again: http://.com/recruiting-season-reveals-more-about-us-than-recruits/

seriously, someone doing that is asking to be banned. That's Syracuse.com troll garbage

OV's a great... Take every one you can get; I'll never advise a kid otherwise.

You're put on a pedestal. You are 18 years old and exploring what's in the world for probably, realistically, the first time on your own. All while college students are showing you exactly what the next 4-5 years will entail, the best of what it will entail.

Go be a kid and enjoy it, not eveybody earns that opportunity, and it only comes around once.

Honestly, if I were a big time recruit, I'd take official visits to Hawaii, San Diego State, and basically anywhere else I'd always wanted to visit. And then I'd commit to Syracuse.
Agreed- Id throw in 'Ole Miss as well- ahh to be 18 again!

Honestly, if I were a big time recruit, I'd take official visits to Hawaii, San Diego State, and basically anywhere else I'd always wanted to visit. And then I'd commit to Syracuse.

I've thought that before as well specifically re: Hawaii. I wonder how many official visits they host and then never hear from the prospect again?

I'd take official visits to Hawaii, Miami, UW, LSU, and UCLA... and them commit to Cuse

Interesting development but not surprising. For those who were around for the coach P days this was normally a kiss of death for Syracuse as we lost a couple of big time prospects late to Florida after an OV ie OJ Small.

Interesting to see how this plays out.

Shocking to see how much Florida is struggling in recruiting.

Shocking to see how much Florida is struggling in recruiting.

I've always been surprised at how well they've recruited until this year givin their recent struggles. Yes they are a big name program and in the SEC but living in Gainesville never remotely interested me and it's not as if UF is known as a great academic option.

Interesting development but not surprising. For those who were around for the coach P days this was normally a kiss of death for Syracuse as we lost a couple of big time prospects late to Florida after an OV ie OJ Small.

Interesting to see how this plays out.

oh god thanks for the memories.

I hope Steven enjoys his visit, but I WOULD like to remind him of a couple things:

1) Syracuse has been on him for awhile and the coaching staff is as committed to him as he has been to them
2) Syracuse wants him to play DT, which is his preference, and UF wants him to play OL
3) Florida has only just recently started showing interest as they attempt to fill their class, so go back to the first point, and the fact that Shafer and Daoust and the rest of the coaches have wanted Steven for awhile now, and not just suddenly when they have holes to plug

I hope Steven enjoys his visit, but I WOULD like to remind him of a couple things:

1) Syracuse has been on him for awhile and the coaching staff is as committed to him as he has been to them

Same could be said for South Alabama a few months ago.

When you get back from the Florida visit, and assuming this request isn't out of line... I would be very interested to hear what, if any, "negative recruiting" the Florida staff does against Syracuse and Steven's commitment.

B8Dw4HuCMAAFIW2.jpg:large