Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse

I hope we bring him in, but I’m not worried about it. I truly believe our recruits that Fran is going to be bringing in will be a higher level than duce (which is saying a lot). He is as others said an average or maybe slightly above average CB who has abilities to make big time plays.

I’d take him back. He was great here. The players still have love for him and he’s a Camden kid.
I think now that LQA got through the incident Deuce will be able to navigate that much quicker. Unless there is evidence he was the aggressor.

Ngl I was not a fan of him when he left, especially after it was reveled he played a big part in the whole Lequint situation. He also was pretty bad when he was on the field at LSU. But our corner situation is pretty awful right now so why not. The old staff is gone and the players who are still here seem to welcome him back with open arms. Good enough for me.

honest question: seen a few people mention the LeQuint incident…. as the facts as we know it have come out from the LeQuint incident, what would peoples hang up be on that as it pertains to Duce.

I think there was near unanimous conversation on here in July that it was a standard college fight, some poor decisions made but nothing really pointing to either as poor character guys. Was there something else we don’t know about that situation that makes people feel otherwise

honest question: seen a few people mention the LeQuint incident…. as the facts as we know it have come out from the LeQuint incident, what would peoples hang up be on that as it pertains to Duce.

I think there was near unanimous conversation on here in July that it was a standard college fight, some poor decisions made but nothing really pointing to either as poor character guys. Was there something else we don’t know about that situation that makes people feel otherwise
My suspicion is that Duce didn't have to deal with reviews and things because it was known he was gone anyway.

Perhaps there may be unfinished business on that front.

My suspicion is that Duce didn't have to deal with reviews and things because it was known he was gone anyway.

Perhaps there may be unfinished business on that front.
If Duce has to deal with any open issues back at Syracuse I highly doubt he would come back. Plenty of other options out there for him before he would need to reopen issues that are closed.

I don't know if says anything other/more than...birds of a feather flock together.
Well how many of the kids that want him back are notorious troublemakers off the field? I think that is an unfair generalization to levy. I have no idea if Duce is a troublemaker or not, I don’t know him personally or any of the other members of the team for that matter. What I do know is there haven’t been many if any off field problems of that magnitude other than that 1 incident.

If he comes back with no nil and no guarantee about playing time fine. I know he appeared liked by his teammates but there are a number of guys we are looking at that seem better.

I prefer that SU moves in another direction with open schollies. He has already been part of the "Bad" SU football program and it is time to move on. Syracuse football is on a new trajectory and there is no need to add players from two years ago.
Might as well boot OG, Villari, LQA, Wax and Barron then. Why should they get a pass when Duce doesn’t?

If he comes back with no nil and no guarantee about playing time fine. I know he appeared liked by his teammates but there are a number of guys we are looking at that seem better.
Key phrase: “looking at”

You don’t tell quality players no until you have commits. It’s fun to think about this team with guys like AJ Harris but until they commit, the team is still in massive need of players at key positions

My opinion is that Duce is an average ACC CB. Which is a lot better than we had in 2023 with Johnson and Bellamy.

Duce is above average defending the run and screens.

He is okay defending most passes. He is going to get beat long because he isn’t fast enough to cover 4.4 guys. Tends to get beat up and that affects his level of play over the course of a season.

But you need a bunch of CBS to get through a season. They get banged up and it is best to play a few of them to help keep the injuries and wear and tear with our CBS low.

Might be a good fit at that nickel safety position as well.

But if I had my druthers, I would have a couple of 4.4 or 4.5 guys at CB and stop getting beat deep so much.

We have a lot of wide-outs at the moment. Maybe one of the faster guys could switch to defense?

Well how many of the kids that want him back are notorious troublemakers off the field? I think that is an unfair generalization to levy. I have no idea if Duce is a troublemaker or not, I don’t know him personally or any of the other members of the team for that matter. What I do know is there haven’t been many if any off field problems of that magnitude other than that 1 incident.

You're the one (based upon your own thinking) that took a generalization and made it into your own non-generalization.

Players typically stick together, a band of brothers kind of deal, whether it's good, bad or indifferent. Again, my post didn't qualify anything specific.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom