DUKE FANS GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING | Syracusefan.com

DUKE FANS GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING

retro44

Living Legend
b46f0427b80148bdaba0e68e8f92a849.jpg

How much money does Syracuse already have? When you have that much $$ and you take away fan experience to get more it's called greed.

I'll apply the greed label to the in-game advertising, but as long as only 400 students want to come to all but the three most high-profile games, I can't blame SU for keeping them in a less visible location. They tried it the other way and the students didn't keep up their end of the bargain.

I'll apply the greed label to the in-game advertising, but as long as only 400 students want to come to all but the three most high-profile games, I can't blame SU for keeping them in a less visible location. They tried it the other way and the students didn't keep up their end of the bargain.

I don't disagree with you there at all. Maybe give it a trial run for a season and if the turnout isn't better for the students, send them back out of sight.

I think the "game experience" may keep them from coming to the games, at least partially.

I don't disagree with you there at all. Maybe give it a trial run for a season and if the turnout isn't better for the students, send them back out of sight.

I think the "game experience" may keep them from coming to the games, at least partially.

It's true, kind of a vicious cycle.

How much money does Syracuse already have? When you have that much $$ and you take away fan experience to get more it's called greed.

Actually, it would improve the brand with huge dividends. I think this issue is like Dome naming rights. The season ticket holders probably hold some kind of sway. Sometimes looking at the lifeless old people in those seats gets to you sometimes! Duke fans disrupt every possession. EVERY POSSESSION!

When was that out of curiosity?

The thing is, Duke only gets 400 students to show up... but that's half of Cameron's capacity so it looks like a lot.

The thing is, Duke only gets 400 students to show up... but that's half of Cameron's capacity so it looks like a lot.

youre being hyperbolic, correct?

It was that way when the dome first opened. My seat was in the chairs behind what was then the court-side press table. It was sweet!

Oh, I might have misunderstood the question, meant when SU moved everyone to the end.

For those who like hoops and want to be at the games, that initial set-up must have been fantastic.

Oh, I might have misunderstood the question, meant when SU moved everyone to the end.

For those who like hoops and want to be at the games, that initial set-up must have been fantastic.
You were right. My answer should have been: I don't know when they moved them but it was pretty cool being side-court while it lasted!

It was. SU played at basketball Manley my frosh year, then moved to the Dome. Manley was intimate and the seats were great but that were general admission for students, so if you wanted a decent seat, you have to get there a few hours before the game.

I believe they kept it like that for the first year at the Dome but the run to the seats when the gates opened was a lot longer, there were steps involved and there were more students, and one fell and was injured, and it was decided to go with assigned seating the next year. That was really nice. My seat was at the top of the key in the moyable section.

Those were the days.

It was. SU played at basketball Manley my frosh year, then moved to the Dome. Manley was intimate and the seats were great but that were general admission for students, so if you wanted a decent seat, you have to get there a few hours before the game.

I believe they kept it like that for the first year at the Dome but the run to the seats when the gates opened was a lot longer, there were steps involved and there were more students, and one fell and was injured, and it was decided to go with assigned seating the next year. That was really nice. My seat was at the top of the key in the moyable section.

Those were the days.
Yep - in grad school I had seasons (waiting in line outside of Manley to pay and pick them up was fun) for the first year in the Dome. Seats were in the portable section - 5th row just south of center court. It was a sad day when they announced they were moving the student seats :(

Those were the days.

Theres still no assigned seating in the student section. Atleast there wasnt in 2003-07. If it was a big game and you were late, you could get stuck up top when the wrist bands run out, but there were ways around that too.

SU played at basketball Manley my frosh year, then moved to the Dome. Manley was intimate and the seats were great but that were general admission for students, so if you wanted a decent seat, you have to get there a few hours before the game.

I believe they kept it like that for the first year at the Dome but the run to the seats when the gates opened was a lot longer, there were steps involved and there were more students, and one fell and was injured, and it was decided to go with assigned seating the next year. That was really nice. My seat was at the top of the key in the movable section.
Those were the days.

How sweet would it be to have general admission student seats first come first served. If the seats are still available by some time before the game then just sell them to anyone in line who wants one. That way, you would always have a full section of rabid fans facing the camera. I know it will never happen but what a sweet dream to have!

By the way, this is my 6000th post on this blasted board. Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom