Duke Gameday... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Gameday...

Let’s go take care of hobart and set our sights on ND next. I think if we take unc n cornell game def make it even if take 1 of them games (whoever higher) think make it also but let’s win both just to be sure

Scoring rundown:

TEAMPRDCLOCKSCORESCORERASSISTSSTRENGTH
110:521-0Benn Johnston (11)EVEN
106:391-1Thomson, Finn (10)Stevens, Jake (6)XTRA MAN
103:571-2Leo, Michael (16)EVEN
102:541-3Hiltz, Owen (22)Stevens, Jake (7)EVEN
211:322-3Andrew McAdorey (16)Brennan O'Neill (20)EVEN
205:362-4Rhoa, Luke (11)Mule, Christian (11)EVEN
313:182-5Hiltz, Owen (23)Stevens, Jake (8)EVEN
313:072-6Kohn, Mason (5)EVEN
308:452-7Birtwistle, Jackson (9)Spallina, Joey (34)EVEN
303:082-8Birtwistle, Jackson (10)Thomson, Finn (9)XTRA MAN
302:073-8Josh Zawada (20)EVEN
301:063-9Mule, Christian (18)Spallina, Joey (35)EVEN
413:083-10Hiltz, Owen (24)Leo, Michael (4)EVEN
410:304-10Brennan O'Neill (30)EVEN

Also been super impressed with joey lately in big games as he isn’t trying to be hero(since that 1 time only fast learner he is) playing his role feeding his teammates knowing eyes still on him even if covered by top opponents guy. They looked like whole diff team today. Team that was possessed and on a serious mission. Absolutely loved it

Gotta give credit to the new DC. He's doing a hell of a job. He's proving he was an excellent hire.
Night and day with communication and physicality.

No needless slides without secondary coverage.

Fig had a perfectly timed double on O’Neil in the second half (maybe fourth quarter).

Heady play to jump him out on the wing when he was blind to it.

Don’t recall seeing that during Petro’s tenure.

Also i hope everyone sees how you play and beat o’neil. As tired of hearing best player in the world. Yes he is very good but best player in world even ncaa not my opinion. But said it last year in think was psu game was blueprint on shutting him down. Which is body physical? not giving him inch always on him with ball or not even when picks are set dmids jab at him.

As a Syracuse fan, that was awesome.

As a Syracuse fan living in Fairfield County with a couple neighbors with kids on Duke, I f…ing LOVED the beat down.

The bounce passes, physicality and discipline for 60 minutes.…HHH was alive and well today.

Birtwhistle in the slot with those quick turnaround rips are awesome.

He’s got great hands.

I think Thomson also had one of those goals on a similar man up strategy.
Birt is so silky. Nice to see him have a good game today. Hes been a little quiet and feels like he’s starting to get his legs under him again. He was a 30 goal scorer last year, he gets clicking on the 2nd line with Stevens and Rhoa, watch out

Duke stale as hell on offense as always. If they can’t win a matchup they are screwed. But the discipline from the D on slides and covering skip passes was top notch. They had zero chance to get anything cheap. And Mark took care of the rest.

Brennan ONeill looked like a coward out there strait up. One time he has a short stick on him top of the key and he just passed it off. But wait a minute… that short stick was small but mighty Wyatt Hottle! Maybe he should be scared!

Night and day with communication and physicality.

No needless slides without secondary coverage.

Fig had a perfectly timed double on O’Neil in the second half (maybe fourth quarter).

Heady play to jump him out on the wing when he was blind to it.

Don’t recall seeing that during Petro’s tenure.
Certainly didn’t see a lot of that with Petro, but we salute him for recruiting Figueras! If his recruits keep going off without him on the sideline it’s a win win! Some good performances from some Rogers recruits as well though today. Olexo Dwan and Rice had huge games.

Duke stale as hell on offense as always. If they can’t win a matchup they are screwed. But the discipline from the D on slides and covering skip passes was top notch. They had zero chance to get anything cheap. And Mark took care of the rest.

Brennan ONeill looked like a coward out there strait up. One time he has a short stick on him top of the key and he just passed it off. But wait a minute… that short stick was small but mighty Wyatt Hottle! Maybe he should be scared!

You could pick at their schedule but Duke was averaging almost 18 goals a game coming in, they def have a lot talent. With that said incredible effort by the defense tonight, played smart, timely slides and Mark made up for any breakdowns!

I agree about O'Neill, I was surprised he really didn't initiate much and really surprised when he got a shortie match-up a few times. Of course he's really good but I'm not sure he's the best player in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom