Duke represented the ACC well | Syracusefan.com

Duke represented the ACC well

laxsummit

2nd String
Pleased that Duke won, they represented the ACC and so many familiar kids from NJ and NY that Ive seen. We did not need to listen to the BigTen bragged about having two teams in final four especially when their lead team, Maryland was a ACC departure in 15".

Having two Ivies would have been tolerable though some would have been flipping out that Albany and Cornell , were upstate teams . At least Maryland has their fair share of kids from up north to root for..

To be honest, I was upset when Cuse left to join the ACC because I had such fondness for Big East basketball. Remember that conference in the 80's and 90's , remember how we place 3 in Final Four in 85 and two including Cuse in 87 . I now root for our ACC counterparts against other conferences. Hoping that the ACC in lax will once again be the old Big East of Basketball, the current SEC of football.

I just know I am not going to enjoy putting up with 3 more years of Nakeie Montgomery. Hopefully, we have (or will have) someone on the roster that will make Duke fans wish for the same thing.

I just know I am not going to enjoy putting up with 3 more years of Nakeie Montgomery. Hopefully, we have (or will have) someone on the roster that will make Duke fans wish for the same thing.
Agree.. He does not have the stats yet but will be a force to be reckoned with. Saw that ability to separate that few can, skills and role just going to expand

Agree.. He does not have the stats yet but will be a force to be reckoned with. Saw that ability to separate that few can, skills and role just going to expand
His two goals today made me hope he's a one and done to MLL. ;)

Unbelievable athleticism.

I thought his former HS teammate Sam Romano would be a special player for us too; especially after watching his YouTube highlight videos. But so far hasn’t panned out. Hopefully we’ll see more of him next season.

I thought his former HS teammate Sam Romano would be a special player for us too; especially after watching his YouTube highlight videos. But so far hasn’t panned out. Hopefully we’ll see more of him next season.

Dont be surprised if he transfers, hes been recruited over and there doesn't appear to be much PT on the horizon.

1,2,3,4 seeds in final four...parity?
In the women's D-1 bracket, too.

A lot of people misunderstand the concept of "parity" IMO. It's a lot easier for 1 team from a particular conference to be a consistent winner. There isn't parity until the AE regularly has a team in the Final 4 and it's not always Albany and no one questions that their non-champion got a bid. There isn't parity until NEC teams are regularly considered contenders for the Final 4. What seems to be happening teams are going through strong cycles. Look at thatOSU. Championship game last year and didn't make the tournament this year. How many players did they lose from last year's team? The Loyola team that won the championship was just about all seniors and now they have to work their way back. They're easily the best team in the Patriot League and Bucknell is trying to be their challenger. But what about the others? There are still more conferences that only get more than one bid if their outstanding regular season champion somehow loses in the championship game. IDK what their RPI, etc., numbers look like, but would Cornell have received an at-large bid if they had lost to Yale in the championship game? It's obvious that the AE and PL would have only received another bid if Albany or Loyola had lost in the championship games.

Last edited:
Dont be surprised if he transfers, hes been recruited over and there doesn't appear to be much PT on the horizon.
. Assortment of injuries derailed and not having fall ball limited his auditions, this fall will obviously be important to him. Thought he was physical in his brief minutes, wonder how many rs jrs mids return, thought Carlin showed well and would be a loss if he does not

Still representing ACC well by knocking off the two top Big Ten teams... and we beat them on road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom