Duke's Harry Giles just underwent another knee surgery | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke's Harry Giles just underwent another knee surgery

All of these athletes on this board... Seems like everybody's had knee surgery. As for me, I tore my lateral bicrastia when I fell over the ottoman on the way to the kitchen, scorched my melingual tober flex on a Mexican Hot Pocket and finished by blowing out my limnus sphinctus from an explosive outgassing. Life is harder after sixty.

All of these athletes on this board... Seems like everybody's had knee surgery. As for me, I tore my lateral bicrastia when I fell over the ottoman on the way to the kitchen, scorched my melingual tober flex on a Mexican Hot Pocket and finished by blowing out my limnus sphinctus from an explosive outgassing. Life is harder after sixty.
Since many of us middle aged athletes live by the "Go big or go home" axiom, I am sure many sphincters have been pushed to the limit.

Have to think everyone involved will be smart about things. He's going to be a top pick regardless, and Duke is going to have a great team regardless, so there is zero reason for anyone involved to rush him coming back. Hope to see him have better health going forward.

Have to think everyone involved will be smart about things. He's going to be a top pick regardless, and Duke is going to have a great team regardless, so there is zero reason for anyone involved to rush him coming back. Hope to see him have better health going forward.
agreed, I think it's in everyone's best interest to keep him out until Feb 23

bet you were proud of that explosive outgassing though, amiright?

agreed, I think it's in everyone's best interest to keep him out until Feb 23
God damn. There really isn't much point to bring him back at that time other then to show scouts he can play on a college level. But is that really in his best interest to play for probably a month. Especially when it's the last month of the year and you going against only other good competition. He could get himself exposed that he isn't worth a top pick.

The rest of the ACC might have just dodged a bullet.

It's all fun and games until you blow out your limnus sphinctus. Damn Might Taco!

You would think there would be some advances in sports medicine on how to prevent and preserve athlete's knees. You would think there would be exercise machines for strengthening ligaments with negative resistance or something. It's a question of physics. Forces created by the weight of the upper body are going to exceed what the ligaments are capable of withstanding. So there has to be ways to strengthen ligaments to increase the amount of stress they can bear.
I don't believe bodyweight (whether upper- or whole-body) is among the true drivers of knee injuries. The causative forces of ACL tears, for example, are believed to be anterior motion and knee abduction along with internal rotation. Ligaments are very, very tough and generally only tear under atypical conditions. I'm not sure if a program could be designed to 'strengthen' ligaments - they're not made of stuff that can really be conditioned.

HOFCeluck should be able to add some color here (and course correct me if need be).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom