Dumas says Mali Gone | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dumas says Mali Gone

This is the point, i believe, of the new evaluation period. Dozens of people will attend, and the best will leave. The rest will return.

In a perfect world, that seems fair. Just watch some self-absorbed lawyer/agent type come along and F it all up.

Last edited:
Ka BOOM!
Unless he was already a one-and-done in his mind before the last two weeks, he didn't even appear on any draft lists for this year so he'd have to be stupid to stop going to class.

I understood the reasoning behind every person who's left early the past 7-8 years, Mali I don't get at all. Testing the waters and getting an evaluation, sure, going balls out and leaving I think is a poor poor move and he'll be leaving millions on the table. Hope for his sake and not even as a Cuse fan this isn't true.

I understood the reasoning behind every person who's left early the past 7-8 years, Mali I don't get at all. Testing the waters and getting an evaluation, sure, going balls out and leaving I think is a poor poor move and he'll be leaving millions on the table. Hope for his sake and not even as a Cuse fan this isn't true.

I'd say the same except for devo and Paul Harris. I mean they may have been forced out a bit but I would have thought that a degree would have served them better.

Well it really doesn't matter what any of us fans think, the kids need to do what they think is right for their future. Kinda loving the new rule that you can take a peek without committing. They all need to take a peek. However if you are no where close to a first round pick and that guaranteed contract, anyone that tells them to go for it does not have their best interest at heart. I always want all of them to stay four years, selfish on my part simply because I couldn't care less about the NBA and I honestly feel their stock rises the longer they stay in college. What will be will be, unfortunately us fans have no say in the matter. On a personally opinion, what makes any of them feel they are ready for the NBA? A great run in the NCAA tourney does not give you an automatic ticket to the NBA...let us not forget the whole season.

I'd say the same except for devo and Paul Harris. I mean they may have been forced out a bit but I would have thought that a degree would have served them better.

Well, from what I understand the decision really wasn't there's to make.

Well, we will see I guess.

This would be the first one that would shock me. Unless his eval comes back higher than I would have guessed...

Why do I give a fluck what a former Newhouse guys that works in Hagerstown, MD says? Even with Mali this team needs another guard since they could start 3, the only 3 we would have.

I don't know what will happen, but Mali would be the best player to return since CJ Fair did it in 2012. So it will be rare thing if it happens.

Mal's a 2nd round pick right now, next year he is a lottery pick.
If he's a surefire lotto pick after another year, a team picking late mid to late first round will absolutely roll the dice on him. That's a great pick to make late in the first, snagging a guy with that kind if upside.

If he's a surefire lotto pick after another year, a team picking late mid to late first round will absolutely roll the dice on him. That's a great pick to make late in the first, snagging a guy with that kind if upside.

He's not a surefire lotto pick next year. That assertion is ridiculous this far out. This is a stocked recruiting class coming in, there will always be decent Euro's, and there are freshman from THIS YEAR who are ahead of Mal and will be to start next year.

Ennis advisors made a smart move.

of the recent early exit hand wringing players his exit made the most sense. His draft stock was likely at it's peak. He wasn't getting any taller or faster, just older. If he stayed he's Chris Thomas 2.0. He tricked one general manger into drafting him, and that's all you need.

Can't be true. I was assured in the other thread that the NBA isn't dumb enough to draft someone off a good 4 minute stretch.

He was gone the minute he blew up against UVA.

The system that restrains an American's choice to peruse his chosen profession by requiring him to go to college for a year to pursue a job that requires no college? I agree: that's totally screwed up.
Yes.

The system that restrains an American's choice to peruse his chosen profession by requiring him to go to college for a year to pursue a job that requires no college? I agree: that's totally screwed up.
I wish the whole system was blown up. Allow high school players to be drafted. Allow drafted players to go to / return to college if they wish to do so (see hockey). Treat those who do go to college as employees, not amateurs. They can at the very least hold jobs/promote products/profit from their "likeness." But players should also get their fair share of the money that is generated from their labor. Allow college players to hire agents at any time. Eliminate draft deadlines.

End the charade. These players are student-employees and should be treated as such. None of this will be the end of the world or "the end of college sports as we know it" as so many doomsday people claim.

I wish Jay Bilas was president of a new College Basketball Association.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom